5Tefal Secure Neo Series

Tefal Secure Neo Series Questions & Answers

oneness
oneness · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Does the pressure cooker constantly make a shhhhh noise with steam escaping for the entire cooking time? I have an electric one which does shhh for a few seconds and then seals with no further noise. However it’s non stick which I don’t like and would like to purchase a stove top one but the noise would drive me bonkers and would need the rangehood on for steam and odours to escape so doubly noisy. I want to be sure before purchasing.

JMJ
JMJ

I have the same issue with mine purchased from Aldi last week .

Samra C.
Samra C. · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

My steam release knob all came out from the lid. Now I cannot use it as a pressure cooker. Any way to fix it?

kgl61

The knob does come out for cleaning. Has it fallen appart or just come out. If its just come out you can put it back in. If its fallen appart try pressurecooker.com.au for spare parts.

Angien
Angien · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Where is this pressure cooker made and is it easy to purchase replacement gasket seals

kgl61

Hello, I didn't know so I checked for you. It is made in China, designed in France. I am very happy with my pressure cooker. The seals are normally available on ebay, but mine seems to be of a silicon type product and is showing now signs of wear. Not sure how old is it now but at least 5 years old and is used at least one a week. I hand wash all items, the pot can go in the dishwasher but I find it comes up cleaner if I hand wash and is very easy to clean.

VVE
VVE · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

When closed, does it seal properly? My new one has a significant degree of movement after it clicks closed of a few mm? It seems it is not closed and I wonder whether to return it.

Kat75
Kat75

It’s quite normal, no worries. When the temperature gets hotter, the seal will be tightened up.
Cheers

kgl61

Mine is not super tight. It's all about sealing as the pressure comes up. It sometimes even leaks a little near the catch as the pressure builds up.

Mona
Mona · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Tefal secure neo 5 6 litre , china and france
Is there any differences in the quality between that was manufactured in china or France ??

Jane D
Jane D · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Can you safely can low acid vegetables in the Tefal pressure cooker 5 neo 8L? My altitude is 10psi.

Greg
Greg · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

I have had a 10 litre Tefal pressure cooker for 20 + years, loved it, wanted a smaller one as well. The Tefal secure neo 6 lit has been a frustration device with the gasket protruding through the safety window, leaking steam and causing the pressure cooker to lose its liquid, and boil dry. I have lubricated the seal with cooking oil, and it seams to be in good condition. I'm about to chuck it and buy another brand.
Greg G

kgl61

I have had the neo 5 for quite a few years now and love it. Just bought one for my daughter, it is exactly the same. No problems at all

Kris M
Kris M

The silicone gasket they provide is too small. We've always had pressure cookers and while I think this is a good product if the seal doesn't fit properly it doesn't "pressure cook". We used an old rubber seal from another pressure cooker and it provides a good seal and presto it works but it isn't a permanent fix as they don't last forever. Someone should tell Tefal this as it might stop a mass return of their product which is actually good.

Oxford
Oxford

Exact same problem with the lid gasket not sealing at the window even though following the manual on quantities etc. Tefal told me to return it to Aldi where I bought it. Others are reporting the same problem so it's a pity that an otherwise good product has such a flaw. If only my old Fisslers worked on induction...

Karyn B.
Karyn B. · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Were do I order replacement seals for my pressure cooker

Zohra M.
Zohra M. · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Hey, i just bought the tefal pressure cooker 5 neo 6L. I used it for the first time so when it got pressure the steam was coming out from the (valve A )throwing water and food particles as the steam should come out from the steam vents. Is there any problem with the cooker.

kgl61

Did you overfill the cooker, or perhaps use too much liquid? There is a maximum fill level inside the pot. Also you should only use a maximum 2 cups of liquid.

Nathan
Nathan

From the manual: return the operating valve (A) to the veg/chicken icon, wait a minute and then slowly turn the operating valve again to the steam release position, ensuring nothing else spurts out.

Georges Tourneur
Georges Tourneur · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

The lid is stuck.
How do i open it?

Mara
Mara · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

How wide is the pot? I need a wide pot with a wide base, not a tall narrow pot. Would this be good for me? The diameter measurements of both the 5L and 8L versions would be terrific!

kgl61

Hello, 8L pot with 23 cm diameter and 20 cm high.

Virgola · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Hello,

I have bought a Secure Neo 5 pressure cooker and I am having issues with it. I followed instructions and went online as well to try to find if I was using improperly.

The steam from the pressure cooker comes out of the Pressure indicator but never from the steam release outlet. Therefore, it never reaches pressure.

Has anyone had this issue? Thank you.

Regards,

Virginie

Kath
Kath

This pot definitely has a learning curve. I have found it burns easily and so use it more for stocks and soup recipes. If you can control your stove at an instant that would be better. Check your seals are in correctly and call the tefal customer help line - youtube is also great. Good luck and best wishes.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is indeed a learning curve. I used it again and worked perfectly. Will keep trying. Thanks.

joan.se.10
joan.se.10 · Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Hi can anyone advise if the pressure needle rises up (like older models pressure cooker) when pressure is reached, or the "needle" doesn't rises up, and it's the pressure indicator just turns red, so you have to look into it to check if it turns red? thanks!

kgl61

On my model the pressure indicator is a red button that pops up and seals a small steam vent.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Select a listing for your question
Tefal Secure Neo Series