MPN: 36481866

I love it

I can't believe that this Iron does actually set itself to the right temperature.
No sticking , irons crinkles out easily.Not too heavy.
It does every thing it is said to do.Would reccomend it to anyone who asks

Purchased in January 2019 for $86.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton, Synthetics and Wool

Just okay

Iron takes a while to heat up and tends to spit water over the clothes in the process. Iron cord is far too short, which makes ironing awkward at times. Disappointed. Not as good as my last Tefal iron, although it didn’t last past it’s warranty period. I don’t imagine this one will either..
keep your receipt!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Makes for light work

Love this lightweight, easy to use steam iron. Makes anything from linen to silk to tough cotton business shirts easy to iron without using starches. Easy to clean, heats up quickly and no scaly build up. Went with manufacturer recommendation using only filtered or distilled water. Good allrounder. Thanks for making my work easy Tefal!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best iron I've had so far

Seems to work well with most types of fabric except for really difficult to iron linen. Sole plate seems to resist scratching and buildup. Heats up quickly. Flashing light is useful if you forget to switch it off. I haven't had any problems so far. Automatic temperature adjustment is handy except for when you need that 'little bit more' (e.g. when sewing).

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

work well

The design of this iron is novel, fashionable and atmospheric appearance, easy to use, complete functions. Functionally, it has several modes to choose from, which is convenient. It heats up very quickly, it irons the clothes very nicely, and it's like a magic trick that makes the wrinkly clothes instantly smooth just like new clothes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

great

I was pleased with the iron, it was a great design and comfortable to hold on to. The iron is available in a variety of fabrics, so it's perfect for home use. It's easy to iron, easy to use, and you can set the temperature you want. I have been using it for a while and have not encountered any problems at the moment. I am very satisfied.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

best iron you'll ever own

I bought this iron, after finding it on a 'best of' on line review. I haven't been disappointed it is quick and easy to iron, I particularly love the very large water tank and the the fact that it adjusts temperature automatically; so far this has worked perfectly for me

Ironing is a breeze

I'm very pleased with it. This is a big, heavy iron with a large water reservoir. The display and controls are intuitive and easy to master. The cord is on the shorter side , but is sufficient for my needs. I was amazed at how much easier and faster ironing was with this iron vs the Sunbeam. My only complaint - it's too large to fit my existing ironing caddy. A simple fix - I'll order a larger caddy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worth what it costs

I would like to give a good rating for this iron, I love using it, it is gentle on my clothes and I can get all the ironing done quickly and not a wrinkle on my clothes, also does not leave the iron marks even on delicates, has various setting and temperature controls and easy to fill with water, the price is also worth for what I paid.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect iron, put away and take cloths out and still perfect

Very happy with how the tefal protect works. I've iron all my cloths hung them up away and gone to pull out my cloths and they remain perfect! The cord is a little short and its fiddle to set up but once you get going it's a real breeze and irons cloths very well

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good iron - meets my needs well

For me ironing is something that happens in 3 minutes as I rush to get out the door in the morning. I just want the iron to work and work well. I honestly don't think about this much but it works perfectly and has no glaring faults. heats well, holds that heat and does the job of iriningv ery comopetentaly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Poor water and steam control

Miss not having control of heat settings for delicates and there’s No way to tell that the iron is providing the heat required for other fabrics. Terrible water control... often leaks and causes havoc. Nice feature is the ‘steam’ button under the handle. Throwing this one out as it can’t be trusted... wasted my money.

Love my Tefal products!

I own 2 x Tefal irons and do a little ironing on the side on weekends. This one I use for delicate fabrics so I'm not guessing which setting to use. It maybe a little bulky for some people, but I find it's perfect for me. I've never had a problem with it, even after dropping it on the floor.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I dropped this iron & it’s the best thing I did!

I have been using the Tegal Smart Protect for nearly a year. I iron many business shirts. I found the iron bulky, awkward & heavy to use. It did not remove creases effectively. The cord is ridiculously short & I could barely reach the end of the board. I was very concerned about dropping iron, when finally one day I did. I am glad because the $40 Kambrook iron I replaced it with, works 100% better! AND it has a grip handle, removes creases & light & easy to handle & has a longer electric cord. Brilliant.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

A+

After owning several Irons over the years, I wanted something that wasnt heavy to use but also go the job done, this Tefal Smart iron ticks all those boxes. I only use it on steam iron, but with a full tank of water it isnt heavy to use like others and gets the job done first time every time.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Does the job

I couldn't find an iron with good all round reviews so settled with this one. Other reviews said it spat white matter onto clothes but I haven't experienced that in the 4 months I've been using it.

I kept my old iron for a while half expecting this not to do the job as well and a trusty old iron with a frayed cord but I have since thrown my back up out and only use this one.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is the cord isn't long enough so I always have to use with an extension cord.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very Very good!

Bought it today after a lot of research and tested on a Cotton business shirt and a pure wool suit.

Firstly this iron doesnt hiss and spit as others mentioned, if you constantly press the steam boost a dozen times continually then an absolute minute drop comes out but the iron definitely doesnt leak.

Ironed a heavily creased shirt and came up really well, also left no shine marks on the suit. I found it really easy to use, and remember with steam irons like this if you use demineralised water instead of tap water as it will work a lot better long term.

For $90-100 AUD id recommend it. Would give it 5 stars if it were $20 cheaper but it is good value for money.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Doesn’t heat up enough to iron shirts

This iron is very disappointing, it doesn’t heat up nearly enough to get creases out of cotton shirts, only works acceptably on very fine fabrics.
Also the cord is much too short and I need an extension cord wherever I use it.
I’ll be returning and looking for something better. For the price it was very unimpressive.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Just fine

Bought this Iron 2 months ago. Irons my husbands's shirts perfectly but it is a bit risky to iron more delicate fabrics with it. Burned one of my shirts, so I have learned to not use steam when ironing these sort of fabrics which is painful as it does not do a good job without steam.
Sometimes the water comes out of it and it makes strange noice after 10 minutes of working.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not Impressed with Smart Protect

Iron heated up ok, worked well on cotton and synthetic material, then tried silk shirt, huge mistake, rippling creases up the shirt sleeve. As others have said, hisses and steams a lot when standing upright. Thought automatic was too good to be true. Would have been great to iron different fabrics without needing to change the setting.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

How to perform self timescale clean

Hi I cant find in the instructions what the eco and normal setting is for?

When you first turn it on does the temperature go all the way up and then drops according to type of fabric or what? That might be too late if I start ironing something requiring low temp. How do you know that temp is ready to iron? Thanks
Just turn it on and you're good to go. It really is that simple. I went from a silky top to denim jeans without stopping and it was amazing. I took that chance mind you because the top had grease stains on it from cooking :( There are lots of youtube videos on it if you want to check them out. I found out that I could adjust the steam on it by watching youtube. The first time I turned it on the steam was pouring out and I had to refill it two or three times. I thought it was faulty. Then I checked out a couple of videos and found that I could adjust it and it's perfect now. I really do love this iron. I'm not sorry I bought it.By the way. I noticed you asked the question on the 16th. Please don’t think I was slack and didn’t bother answering till the 20th. I have literally just received it tonight.

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators