Tefal Smart Protect FV4970

• Product is used
  • Safety
Vanessa

VanessaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not very good value for the price

I purchased this iron a month ago from Harris Scarfe. Quite disappointed with its performance. Due to its smart aspect you are unable to get it hot enough to get creases out which defeats the purpose of ironing. I have to constantly fill up the water tank and it leaves water all over the clothes whilst ironing. I wish I had of been smart enough to read these reviews before I made this purchase. Do not waste your money.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harris Scarfe Online Store for $80.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton, Denim and Synthetics
Vahid

VahidSouth Australia

Not worth the price

I shifted from a $7 Kmart iron to Tefal Smart Protect iron which costs more than 10X! However, the efficiency is not that different. Unfortunately it leaves marks on the shirts and it quickly runs out of water when you use the steam ON

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $86.50.

Clothing MaterialCotton
biscuits55

biscuits55South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time and money.

I bought the FV4971 model at The Good Guys 2 months ago because it was the only one on display not Made in China. (Big mistake)
Does a barely passable job if full of water but if you want to wear the item straight away, don’t bother! This thing leaves huge water blotches and leaks all over the garment, and the garment needs time to hang and dry off after ironing.
Time to bin this thing and go back to something a little less “smart”.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys for $89.00.

Product is usedDaily
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Tefal Smart Protect FV4970 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

SteveR

SteveRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unfit for purpose

I had used a cheap Kambrook for years which did a great job but after I dropped that thought I'd try something more upmarket. Big mistake. This Tefal doesn't take wrinkles out unless you use steam, and when you do that it leaves water marks frequently. Guzzles water at a great rate. Takes ages to reheat when water re-added. Awkward to hold. I've only had it a couple of months but it's heading for the bin.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harris Scarfe for $80.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton
berryberet

berryberetPerth, WA

short cord, no manual temperature option

The cord is so short that it can't be used without an extension lead. "Smart" rapidly became "stressful" when you can't select heat options. When it is full of water, this iron works well but is otherwise useless. Unstable on the board and fell off. Yay, now I can throw it out. Won't try Tefal again just because of the short cord... frustrating design.

SisterlizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love it

I can't believe that this Iron does actually set itself to the right temperature.
No sticking , irons crinkles out easily.Not too heavy.
It does every thing it is said to do.Would reccomend it to anyone who asks

Purchased in January 2019 for $86.00.

Product is usedDaily
Clothing MaterialCotton, Synthetics and Wool

Mrsb

MrsbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just okay

Iron takes a while to heat up and tends to spit water over the clothes in the process. Iron cord is far too short, which makes ironing awkward at times. Disappointed. Not as good as my last Tefal iron, although it didn’t last past it’s warranty period. I don’t imagine this one will either..
keep your receipt!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Kerrie T

Kerrie TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes for light work

Love this lightweight, easy to use steam iron. Makes anything from linen to silk to tough cotton business shirts easy to iron without using starches. Easy to clean, heats up quickly and no scaly build up. Went with manufacturer recommendation using only filtered or distilled water. Good allrounder. Thanks for making my work easy Tefal!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
suen

suenSydney, NSW

Best iron I've had so far

Seems to work well with most types of fabric except for really difficult to iron linen. Sole plate seems to resist scratching and buildup. Heats up quickly. Flashing light is useful if you forget to switch it off. I haven't had any problems so far. Automatic temperature adjustment is handy except for when you need that 'little bit more' (e.g. when sewing).

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

work well

The design of this iron is novel, fashionable and atmospheric appearance, easy to use, complete functions. Functionally, it has several modes to choose from, which is convenient. It heats up very quickly, it irons the clothes very nicely, and it's like a magic trick that makes the wrinkly clothes instantly smooth just like new clothes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
HopeaeAlanev

HopeaeAlanevPennant Hills

great

I was pleased with the iron, it was a great design and comfortable to hold on to. The iron is available in a variety of fabrics, so it's perfect for home use. It's easy to iron, easy to use, and you can set the temperature you want. I have been using it for a while and have not encountered any problems at the moment. I am very satisfied.

Jerome

JeromeSILVER SANDS

best iron you'll ever own

I bought this iron, after finding it on a 'best of' on line review. I haven't been disappointed it is quick and easy to iron, I particularly love the very large water tank and the the fact that it adjusts temperature automatically; so far this has worked perfectly for me

Flynn

FlynnSmiths Creek

Ironing is a breeze

I'm very pleased with it. This is a big, heavy iron with a large water reservoir. The display and controls are intuitive and easy to master. The cord is on the shorter side , but is sufficient for my needs. I was amazed at how much easier and faster ironing was with this iron vs the Sunbeam. My only complaint - it's too large to fit my existing ironing caddy. A simple fix - I'll order a larger caddy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kathy

KathyRozelle

Worth what it costs

I would like to give a good rating for this iron, I love using it, it is gentle on my clothes and I can get all the ironing done quickly and not a wrinkle on my clothes, also does not leave the iron marks even on delicates, has various setting and temperature controls and easy to fill with water, the price is also worth for what I paid.

Sarah v Shazza

Sarah v ShazzaWoodville, South Australia

Perfect iron, put away and take cloths out and still perfect

Very happy with how the tefal protect works. I've iron all my cloths hung them up away and gone to pull out my cloths and they remain perfect! The cord is a little short and its fiddle to set up but once you get going it's a real breeze and irons cloths very well

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Tetrus

Tetrusmelbourne

Good iron - meets my needs well

For me ironing is something that happens in 3 minutes as I rush to get out the door in the morning. I just want the iron to work and work well. I honestly don't think about this much but it works perfectly and has no glaring faults. heats well, holds that heat and does the job of iriningv ery comopetentaly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Poor water and steam control

Miss not having control of heat settings for delicates and there’s No way to tell that the iron is providing the heat required for other fabrics. Terrible water control... often leaks and causes havoc. Nice feature is the ‘steam’ button under the handle. Throwing this one out as it can’t be trusted... wasted my money.

Kym

KymZillmere

Love my Tefal products!

I own 2 x Tefal irons and do a little ironing on the side on weekends. This one I use for delicate fabrics so I'm not guessing which setting to use. It maybe a little bulky for some people, but I find it's perfect for me. I've never had a problem with it, even after dropping it on the floor.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I dropped this iron & it’s the best thing I did!

I have been using the Tegal Smart Protect for nearly a year. I iron many business shirts. I found the iron bulky, awkward & heavy to use. It did not remove creases effectively. The cord is ridiculously short & I could barely reach the end of the board. I was very concerned about dropping iron, when finally one day I did. I am glad because the $40 Kambrook iron I replaced it with, works 100% better! AND it has a grip handle, removes creases & light & easy to handle & has a longer electric cord. Brilliant.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Lucy

Lucy

A+

After owning several Irons over the years, I wanted something that wasnt heavy to use but also go the job done, this Tefal Smart iron ticks all those boxes. I only use it on steam iron, but with a full tank of water it isnt heavy to use like others and gets the job done first time every time.

Date PurchasedOct 2017