Quick heat up time
Irons different fabrics effectively
Easy to use
Tefal saves production costs by shortening its cord length
Have been a fan of Tefal irons in the past - having owned a few. Just replaced a Phillips that was rubbish from the start, with a new Tefal.
- heats quickly
- glides well
- not so prone to leaks (like the Philips)
- Tefal have shortened their power cord lengths. VERY noticeable. It is 60cm shorter than the Philips. I know it is a different brand however I notice it also because the ironing board needs to be right on top of the power point, otherwise I pull the cord out of the wall when trying to iron.
This is a really really poor. A short cord length on an iron is dangerous. If they want to save money then reduce the number of models produced. On this basis I will not buy another Tefal iron.
Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $120.00.
- Verified purchase
This iron is easy to use and it heats up quickly so you don't have to wait long. It irons different fabrics really well and glides over the surface smoothly and easily. It's safe so you don't burn yourself or your clothes.
The steam technology is absolutely great. Does not over heat and is extremely light weight. Amazing settings for different fabrics and takes up less electricity. the cup of the iron is also very handy
Purchased in September 2019.
Cuts your ironing time in half
Absolutely love it ;) so quick and so easy to use. As a wedding stylist who irons a lot of table cloths, table runners and chair sashes it just makes ironing so much quicker and easier for me
Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $479.00.
So easy to use
The ease of use of this iron was a leading factor in purchasing this product. Fill it up with water and let iron glide away on any fabric and material without the worry of burn marks.
Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.
Questions & Answers
I own an FV5648 which I bought a few years back. In the last few months, while using the iron, the red pilot lamp starts flashing and the iron stops heating. This happens annoyingly at very regular intervals. The only way to get the iron going again is switching off the power (and takes a few attempts). I have to keep doing this a few times during an ironing session of say a hour. Very annoying. Does anyone know why this is the sase and how to resolve it permanently?
- The TurboPro FV5648 has a vertical steam function so you can rid hanging garments of any wrinkles.
- It includes a spray function to get rid of stubborn creases on delicate fabrics.
- The iron has a precision tip which lets you iron around all the nooks and crannies of your garments.
- It has an anti-drip feature so you don’t have to worry about water leaking and staining your clothes.
- You can put this iron on eco mode - helping save the planet and your power bill.
- The iron has an auto-shut off feature, providing optimal safety for you and others in your household.
- It includes an integrated anti-scale function, making for easy cleaning.
- Continuous steam output produces quick results.
- 2400 watts of power makes the heat-up time quick.
- The iron has a Durilium AirGlide Autoclean technology soleplate which allows for an easy glide and maximum steam distribution.
- Coming to $169, this iron is a reasonable price compared to similar models.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers said this iron was lightweight and easy to use.
- Ironers noted that this iron glides well over a variety of fabrics.
- The quick heat up time of the Turbo Pro FV5648 was praised by reviewers.
|Category||Irons & Steam Generators|
|Features||Anti-Drip, Auto Shut Off, Vertical Steam and Water Spray|
|Colour / Finish||Blue, Black|
|Steam Output||50 g/min|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.