Quick heat up time
Irons different fabrics effectively
Easy to use
Not Impressed!!! Not sure if I will buy this again!!!
I have always been a huge fan of Tefal's products and hence bought the FV5648 in June 2018 after a bit of research. I was initially happy with its performance even though it felt a little bit heavy to use. I have been maintaining it in good condition with regular de-scaling etc. In the last four-six months (within eighteen months of purchase), on a fairly regular basis, while ironing, the red light starts flashing, water leaks during ironing as well as when upright from the faceplate hence wetting the clothes. It takes me a few attempts to get...the iron going again by switch off/on at the power point . Very annoying and disappointed!!! I am not sure if I have just been unlucky to get a dud piece. Another minor issue - the blue water tank is difficult to see the water level during refill and while ironing.
Purchased in June 2018.
Lead is short enough to be hazardous
Functionally it is generally very good and it seemed a safe bet, anyway, based on our use of an earlier model. However, the steam control is a bit hit and moss and it does belch quite a large burst of steam now and then, in a fairly random and potentially painful way. More fundamentally, I guess the device will expire in a few years, like all irons do, and at the most inconvenient time.
Manufacturers and .retailers should be cursed for marketing products which they seem to deem to be "disposable" and Irons, toasters, etc are prime examples that arise from that philosophy. Sadly, they actually design and make them with scant regard for repairability or for the disassembly and recycling of the materials - so off to the landfill site they go.
Questions & Answers
I own an FV5648 which I bought a few years back. In the last few months, while using the iron, the red pilot lamp starts flashing and the iron stops heating. This happens annoyingly at very regular intervals. The only way to get the iron going again is switching off the power (and takes a few attempts). I have to keep doing this a few times during an ironing session of say a hour. Very annoying. Does anyone know why this is the sase and how to resolve it permanently?
- The TurboPro FV5648 has a vertical steam function so you can rid hanging garments of any wrinkles.
- It includes a spray function to get rid of stubborn creases on delicate fabrics.
- The iron has a precision tip which lets you iron around all the nooks and crannies of your garments.
- It has an anti-drip feature so you don’t have to worry about water leaking and staining your clothes.
- You can put this iron on eco mode - helping save the planet and your power bill.
- The iron has an auto-shut off feature, providing optimal safety for you and others in your household.
- It includes an integrated anti-scale function, making for easy cleaning.
- Continuous steam output produces quick results.
- 2400 watts of power makes the heat-up time quick.
- The iron has a Durilium AirGlide Autoclean technology soleplate which allows for an easy glide and maximum steam distribution.
- Coming to $169, this iron is a reasonable price compared to similar models.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers said this iron was lightweight and easy to use.
- Ironers noted that this iron glides well over a variety of fabrics.
- The quick heat up time of the Turbo Pro FV5648 was praised by reviewers.
|Category||Irons & Steam Generators|
|Features||Anti-Drip, Auto Shut Off, Vertical Steam and Water Spray|
|Colour / Finish||Blue, Black|
|Steam Output||50 g/min|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.