Teka THPD70

Teka THPD70

MPN: TEK-THPD70
See the Best Heat Pump Clothes Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Teka

Pros

• Cheap to run

• Dries large loads in short time

Nicole
NicoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 years in and still working like a dream

Purchased in July 2017 at Masters Home Improvement for $999.00.

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Nicole and we are glad to hear you're enjoying your appliances!

Matthew M
Matthew MNorth Parramatta

Stopped working in less than five years. Excellent after-sales support.

Purchased in April 2016 at Masters .

John C
John CSydney, NSW

Love it!

With a large family it is hard to keep up with all the washing and drying! Our Teka heat pump dryer is amazing and we are very happy with it! It is cheap to run and does an amazing job at drying when our washing line is just full and of course during the wet weather! Our machine runs several times a week and does not skip a beat!

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Thanks for your feedback John! Our heat pump dryer is one of our most popular laundry appliances. 6 star energy rating and no condensation in your laundry! Thanks for leaving your review!

happy customer
happy customerSydney, NSW

Great for the Family and Wallet

I use my TEKA heat pump dryer multiple times a day. It has a great energy rating and performs amazingly. It has various settings for me to choose from and a great display showing me how long there is to go on the cycle. I would highly recommend.

Purchased in December 2017.

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Hi Happy Customer and thank-you for taking the time to leave a review. Greatly appreciated!

Tracy
TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product

Easy to use. I haven't had any problems with any types of clothing. Surprised at how good the quality is for the price. I would definitely this brand again A

Purchased in March 2018 at Bargains Online for $1,000.00.

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Hi Tracy, thanks for your feedback and glad to hear that you're loving your TEKA Heat Pump Dryer!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Ricky
RickySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Dryer!!

Was a bit worried as we were looking at the bosch series 8, but could not justify the extra cost and this one does the job just fine. Have used it a few times now and its perfect. Will see how it stands up over a few years. But this is one of the few with a 3+2 year warranty.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Still going strong

We got the Midea branded version of this. We've had it for 3 years now and haven't had any problems.
The condenser works well. It does not create any humidity.
Just have to remember to clear the secondary lint filter in the bottom hatch every once in a while.
And put the dryer onto high intensity setting so it dries completely.
Been a really solid purchase. No regrets.

Purchased in February 2017 for $1,100.00.

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Thanks Dyls, we appreciate you taking the time to leave to leave your feedback.

Not Too Happy
Not Too HappySydney, NSW

Happy we spent a little extra on a heat-pump machine.

We have had it for ~3 years now I guess. It has been really good to us. Fantastic in an apartment, Does not create its own weather like the normal tumble driers. Would buy it again.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $1,299.00.

Stephen
StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing

Bought this dryer for my wife. Used this most of the time specially during winter/rainy season. It is very cost effective. We didn’t see significant increase in our electricity bill.

Purchased in August 2018.

Donna
DonnaPyrmont

Best appliance I have ever purchased

This heat pump clothes dryer is fantastic. This machine is at the lower price point for heat pump driers so I was a bit skeptical. Our laundry is tiny and does not have a window. This condenser dryer is brilliant leaves our unit completely dry, not hot air or steam at all. Dries huge loads in record time. I could put a tiny load in for 60 mins and it will automatically stop in 35mins because its senses that the clothes are dry. I can put a huge load on for 60 mins and it will add 15mins after it senses that the load is still damp. Excellent!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Amy
AmyMelbourne

Replaced my Miele

Date PurchasedMay 2018
pdjones
pdjonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

We bought this dryer to replace the Electrolux vented dryer that developed a fault. We’d hardly used it as it was expensive to use. The Teka is amazing. It uses about a quarter of the power of the one it replaces. I just love it. You do have to clean 2 lint filters and empty a water tank each load, but it’s worth it. Just hope it’s more reliable than the Electrolux.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
David
DavidBrisbane

Great price for a super energy efficient dryer

This is a very low power dryer that saves money. Although it takes a little bit longer per cycle than a couple conventional dryer it is well worth it!

Although traditionally more expensive I managed to get it for a great price by using price beat with appliances online and am confident it will pay for itself once a few years.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jacqueline
JacquelineSydney, NSW

Best dryer I have ever owner - Money saver

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Residentia Group SupportTeka

Thanks Jacqueline for taking the time to leave your positive review. We are certainly happy to hear of your positive experience. Thanks again.

Avery29Ryde

After 5 months of using TEKA THPD70

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Residentia Group SupportTeka

Thanks for the updated feedback and pleased to hear that you're still as happy! This is a hero product for us and we are glad you love it as much as we do! Thanks again for taking the time to write!

Tommy J
Tommy Jasked

Hi,
Just wondering if this is the same dryer as the Solt GGSHPD70? Is the Solt one rebadged?

Alex
Alexasked

How can we get the additional 2 year warranty? Is there a registration link to follow?

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Hi Alex, thanks for your question. You can register your product using this link- https://www.teka.com/en-au/support/warranty-registration/

Maria
Mariaasked

I use this dryer in the cycle extra cotton with high intensity, it's 4:31 minutes (the longest I believe). almost always a few of the clothes are still humid at the end of the cycle but when I run it again soon after stop beeps announcing the clothes are "dry" which are not totally dry then I have to leave some in my clothes liner. my washing machine is smaller than is not the dryer is really full. I have this dryer for probably 3 1/2 years and still can't get it to dry properly. For example, I never have got bed linen set full dry in despite sometimes running it for 2 cycles in a row) I have tried all cycles. I clean the filter regurarly, any suggestions? I read the reviews and it seems like I have another machine. winter is coming and it's always a nighmare. my email is [Contact Details Removed]

Residentia Group SupportTeka

Hi Maria, please give our customer care team a call on 1300 11 4357 to troubleshoot this issue further. There are many factors that can effect the drying performance with dryers, so we should be able to get this resolved for you.

Get an answer from our members and Teka representatives

Features:

• The Teka THPD70 Heat Pump Dryer has a 7kg capacity and 16 different drying programs, letting you select the optimal cycle that takes care of your clothing.
  • It has an Auto Sensing system that protects your laundry from shrinkage and over-drying by stopping the cycle once it detects that clothes are dry.
  • A spacious 375mm drum opening ensures easy loading and unloading.
  • The dryer has an anti-crease function that lets your clothes come out wrinkle-free and ready to use and wear.
  • It has a 6-star energy rating, so it’s a relatively inexpensive unit to run, and will help you save on your next power bill.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Teka THPD70 was a cheap dryer to run, saying that it was cost-effective and didn’t hike up their power bills significantly.
  • They also noted that it was effective at drying large loads of laundry in a short time. This was helped by the auto-sensing technology that stopped the cycle when needed.
CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $1,499.00
Capacity7 kg
Energy Rating6 star(s)
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Delicates Setting, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Stackable
Door Hinge Right