Teka THPD70

Teka THPD70

MPN: TEK-THPD70

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of clothes dryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Ricky

RickySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Dryer!!

Was a bit worried as we were looking at the bosch series 8, but could not justify the extra cost and this one does the job just fine. Have used it a few times now and its perfect. Will see how it stands up over a few years. But this is one of the few with a 3+2 year warranty.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Still going strong

We got the Midea branded version of this. We've had it for 3 years now and haven't had any problems.
The condenser works well. It does not create any humidity.
Just have to remember to clear the secondary lint filter in the bottom hatch every once in a while.
And put the dryer onto high intensity setting so it dries completely.
Been a really solid purchase. No regrets.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$1,100.00.

Not Too Happy

Not Too HappySydney, NSW

Happy we spent a little extra on a heat-pump machine.

We have had it for ~3 years now I guess. It has been really good to us. Fantastic in an apartment, Does not create its own weather like the normal tumble driers. Would buy it again.

Purchased at Appliances Online for A$1,299.00.

StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing

Bought this dryer for my wife. Used this most of the time specially during winter/rainy season. It is very cost effective. We didn’t see significant increase in our electricity bill.

Purchased in August 2018.

Donna

DonnaPyrmont

Best appliance I have ever purchased

This heat pump clothes dryer is fantastic. This machine is at the lower price point for heat pump driers so I was a bit skeptical. Our laundry is tiny and does not have a window. This condenser dryer is brilliant leaves our unit completely dry, not hot air or steam at all. Dries huge loads in record time. I could put a tiny load in for 60 mins and it will automatically stop in 35mins because its senses that the clothes are dry. I can put a huge load on for 60 mins and it will add 15mins after it senses that the load is still damp. Excellent!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Amy

AmyMelbourne

Replaced my Miele

Date PurchasedMay 2018
pdjones

pdjonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

We bought this dryer to replace the Electrolux vented dryer that developed a fault. We’d hardly used it as it was expensive to use. The Teka is amazing. It uses about a quarter of the power of the one it replaces. I just love it. You do have to clean 2 lint filters and empty a water tank each load, but it’s worth it. Just hope it’s more reliable than the Electrolux.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
David

DavidBrisbane

Great price for a super energy efficient dryer

This is a very low power dryer that saves money. Although it takes a little bit longer per cycle than a couple conventional dryer it is well worth it!

Although traditionally more expensive I managed to get it for a great price by using price beat with appliances online and am confident it will pay for itself once a few years.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Avery29Ryde

After 5 months of using TEKA THPD70

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Heat pump dryer

Love this machine, it's nice and quiet. Doesn't heat up the room and leave it like entering the rainforest.
Simple to use love it

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Chell

ChellMelbourne

Disappointed! Not really sure if i'm using it properly as the instructions are so bad.

Kapinka

KapinkaBrisbane

Cool laundry but very slow drying

Replaced an electrolux standard model with this heat pump model, may be cheaper to run but takes so long for the clothes to dry, not really happy, would not purchase again. I would question if it actually is cheaper to run as it runs for so much longer than the conventional one. No steamy laundry so that's a plus, maybe I'll just vent a normal one next time.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Peter Ossanna

Peter OssannaSydney

Time will tell

Date PurchasedJun 2017
ben mun

ben munSouth East Queensland, QLD

i love it

i bought my heat pump dryer from masters as well,,a good price as masters are closing down,i don't really have any complaints as yet,i worked out my own drying cycle,so clothes are dried all the time,i didn't want a dryer because of power usage but the heat pump is a lot less power eater,i use it a bit and didn't notice any difference with my power bill,i d recommend them

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Anthony

Anthonyasked

Hi Team

I'm looking for information on how to connect the hose to drain the water from the catchment tray.

Are there any instructions on how to do this

Gazevsasked

Hi. Does the Teka thpd70 come with stacking tray and drain hose for condensate discharge into drain? If not price and availability for these please. Thanks.

Stephen

It doesn’t have the stacking tray. With regards to condensate discharge it has like a pullout compartment where the condensate goes. Then you just have to empty it.

Gazevs

Thanks. Most have a hose you can use to empty water directly into the drain so you don't need to empty the tank.

min015
min015

Mine came with a hose but I can’t figure out for the life of me where to attach it on the back of the machine (and I’d like to think hubbie and I aren’t too thick). It’s not in the instruction manual either, nor mentioned as a part in the parts list

Gazevsasked

Where are these made? Trying to avoid China. Thanks.

Stephen

Germany according to my research

Gazevs

I've looked everywhere and couldn't see it, but I did note they do manufacture in China. Thanks.

jagster
jagster

According to Appliances online they are out of China.... Swedish brand, shame the Swedes don't manufacture them.

Get an answer from our members and Teka representatives