Telstra Mobile

Telstra Mobile

1.5 from 1,684 reviews

• Plan Type
    • Post-Paid with Phone (90)
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (59)
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (31)
  • Local Reception

Brad

BradPerth, WA

Poor Service

Plan Cost per Month$106.00
Included Data per Month15 GB

The crappiest company you will ever come across

I don't know how these people still operating and not getting a royal commissioner to investigate their corrupted service.
what should I list, there 3 hours waiting call centre, to the overseas call centre,....., shame on us if we keep such company operating in this country, its sign that we are going down and we are not stand up for right anymore, we accept rich to become richer, no complaint made!!

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month10 GB

Mobile

Poor customer. Don’t go for telestra unless there is no reception in that particular place. Customer service is a torture. Worst customer service in 33 years of my life. Shame on you telestra. Fk off

Included Data per Month20 GB

Jennifer

JenniferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

As a share holder I am deeply disgusted and ashamed of this company no customer service no care at all frustrated me

NBN dropping out decreased speed mobile cuts off promised seed booster free then taken away incorrect bills I have spent all day today trying to get through to billing
Had to call the telecommunications ombudsman to help out as they agree with one thing then they add extras to the bill one representative told me they took the bill money out but the bank reversed it there is no reversal on my Visa card if you don’t pay a bill on time they charge you extra frees
Telsta can I charge you for my time which is all day today m
I am ashamed I bought shares in this dreadful company

Plan Cost per Month$387.00

No Internet - Hopeless Customer Service

We have had no internet for 5 weeks! Coincidentally when the nbn works were being done in the street my internet has stopped working. I have called multiple times and been told “we cannot take your call at this time” I finally got through 1st March and was told there must be a problem with my modem and there will be a modem sent out in 3-5 business days. It had now been 15 business days and still no modem. I called Monday 16th and was told to just wait until Friday to see if it comes, it’s Sunday and still nothing. This is ridiculous. The amount of money we have spent recharging our mobiles to have internet at home and we still have a bill from Telstra although we actually can’t use there service.

Plan Cost per Month$70.00
Included Data per Month500 GB
nicholas mcnamara

nicholas mcnamaraBoxhill South Melbourne

not a good service provider ! there customer service sucks

good reception with telstra but ringing telstra is painfull ! there automated talk into phone service sucks ! it totally drains the life out of you ! i would not recommend this company ! they really need to get there act together - heres an idea telstra allow customers to leave there number and you can ring them back !

Jimmy G

Jimmy GSydney

Poor service

Telstra is great catering for customer churn or selling new equipment & plans.
Their service though is appalling - I have been complaining about no internet/landline for past week - I spent 90 minutes in Telstra shop yesterday & found out the service in our district (postcode 2156) will not be restored before April. At no stage would Telstra notify customers about this - yet people are supposed to work from home because of coronavirus.
The only happy part was watching a Telstra staff member trying to call customer service for me - no you know what its like being a customer

Clare S

Clare SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable

Having been sold in the shop they were Australia’s number 1 provider. 6 weeks down the initial agreement and still no NBN connection and I do not live outback! Hard that NBN are the provider not Telstra as I have to make multiple calls to escalate problem. Frustrated with all my calls made to Telstra none go on record so I have to repeat problem each time. Sitting here looking at red lights still on my modem. No internet, no Netflix, no Spotify. If you want to relax on your days off don’t select Telstra.... unreliable.

Alan T.

Alan T.Perth, WA

Telstra Support is abysmal

When you go online or phone Telstra support for either technical or account assistance I've found that the individuals at the other end of the conversation have such poor English skills that they are basically unintelligible. I recently made a complaint about a 60% increase in the plan cost for our mobile within a 6 month period. I thought we had an agreement, I got one letter confirming that agreement. Shortly afterwards I get another letter in extremely poor English reneging on the agreement.
Tech Support/Account Support simply do not know what they are doing.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month0 GB

Wannapickaname

WannapickanameSydney, NSW

Don't bother, no service in Sydney North West.

North Kellyville is a black spot with zero service. Nobody can hear me talk, phone drops out all the time. My phone shows zero bars. It's not just at home and on the streets, at the Kellyville metro, my Google pixel also gets zero service, which is a risk if something happens.
It's not just me, my neighbors have the same issue.
I called Telstra and their advice was to try another service provider.
Go figure? Outstanding service. Telstra is dead.

Hayden Palk

Hayden PalkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service, pre-orders are a lie. They never give credits also

Plan Cost per Month$115.00
Included Data per Month60 GB
DM p'edoff

DM p'edoff

Telstra 4g slow & support no help (One Star is too much)

Angry Optus

Angry OptusPerth, WA

Growing Businesses Beware! Telstra is a terrible company to deal with.

Paid our bill on time and yet three times had our service suspended.

I have spent three mornings on the phone to an overseas call centre and each time they have admitted fault and stated they would credit our account and provide us with compensation.

Always promised to call back, which they never did.

Wake up this morning and again, SOS only.

They are useless! Don't risk your business success with this company.

Matt

Plan Cost per Month$180.00
Included Data per Month0 GB
montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Worst customer service of any telecom company I have used.

Worst company ever!

I am a paying customer who always pays on time. But Telstra has cut my service for no reason around 6 times. This cost me my clients and my time trying to get reconnected. I received no compensation for all these times when it was their fault. Stay away from this company!

Plan Cost per Month$69.00
Included Data per Month32 GB

ruhul

ruhulSydney, NSW

terrible

I have found telstra the worst ever service provider plus worst ever customer service who tell every time new excuse with asian accent never keeps their word. I have been dealing with Telstra and they are absolutely HOPELESS!
Worst service and time money wasters.
If you can, avoid Telstra service at all costs. You will save yourself a lot of frustration.

Plan Cost per Month$79.00
Tia V.

Tia V.

Terrible

A lot of fees that are more thAn $50 when we get into them, like signing up for internet, buying a phone or smartwatch, if you try to discontinue a service or return or miss payment Etc

Plan Cost per Month$120.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
ronh

ronhMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

they just dont listen

I have spoken to many people at Telstra and told them then we changed the address on line it still comes up with the wrong address
and they themselves shifted everything to the new address 6 months ago

Plan Cost per Month$175.00

The worst in Australia

We have been dealing with Telstra business and they are utterly USELESS!
Worst service and time wasters.
If you can, avoid Telstra business at all costs. You will save yourself a lot of frustration.

Flonny

Flonny

Worst experience of all mobile carriers

The worst app of any mobile carrier, you can’t see how much data you’ve used and even telstra reps have to manually calculate every day of data usage to tell a customer how much data has been used.

The network is no better than the service providers they sell to.

I wish I’d found this page before giving them a try. Telstra is quite simply the worst mobile service provider in Australia, yet they charge a premium service fee.

Plan Cost per Month$60.00
Included Data per Month28 GB

TomAtReview

TomAtReviewasked

Why does my Telstra mobile app just say "we've run into a problem"

Nez
Nez

Because they don't know how to solve the proble. Not a good telco anymore

Sandra V

Sandra Vasked

When my partner lost his phone last night he grabbed the land line to find it yes that’s ok commonsense but then his phone was not far from where I was & it burst into his name , my name & one other number his & the other ok I or my name are not associated with that number I have my own personal phone and number is this correct both iPhone Sandy

Daveasked

Returned new phone to Telstra shop as it did not work properly, they could not fix it and said the problem with the phone must be with Telstra, Telstra said the problem must be with the phone, canceled plan and handed phone and sim back in at the Telstra shop, however Telstra then billed me for the full price of the phone and some other charges, rang them and explained to the Telstra representative what was going on, was told that even though the phone had been returned to the Telstra shop it had not been retuned to the Telstra Warehouse so therefore it had not been returned and the bill would stand until it was retuned, another bill arrived with more charges on it and another call was made to Telstra, this time the Telstra representative after a lengthy call said that the bill issue was resolved.
Apparently the way Telstra resolve a bill issue is to pass it onto a third party and destroy your credit score in the process.
This is a phone that was only days old at the time it was handed back, Telstra say that even though the paper work had been filled out, the plan cancelled and the phone handed back because the Telstra Shop is technically not Telstra the phone is not back with them until it arrives at the Telstra warehouse, so around the whole thing goes.
Where do you go with this, is this a scam, is this deliberate incompetence, is this laziness on the part of the Telstra Call centre representative or is it the Telstra company business model at its finest.
Hope someone knows how to resolve this,

Gary
Gary

put a complaint it to the obsudsman they jump then

Dave

The Ombudsman I will try, but the whole thing has to be bordering on being fraud, Given Telstra is another so called private company that has a government body as the major share holder, chances of the ACCC looking at them are slim to none, the police would not be allowed the pursue a conviction even if the whole thing is proven to be a scam, we really do live in sad times when the the companys, banks, institutions & government departments that were held in high regard by the Australian population now see there customers or tax payer as a bunch of fools to be fleeced in any way possible no matter how low they have to stoop to do it.

Dave

Contacted the Ombudsman after giving Telstra one last chance to sort out the ongoing saga, they put me on hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor after getting the same line that it was up to me to make sure the Telstra Shop returned the phone to the Telstra warehouse, after waiting for 20 minutes on hold they hang up.
Ombudsman was very good and quickly had all the details of the interactions with Telstra up on the screen, came to the to the conclusion that there was no fault on my part and Telstra’s actions on the matter appalling.
Telstra rang and sent an email on Tuesday, a Christmas miracle had occurred the phone had been found at the Telstra Warehouse, it was all a terrible misunderstanding definitely all the fault of the Telstra Shop not Telstra, they now say I owe them nothing they will remove my bad Credit report make no further attempt to recover the money.
Telstra only stopped this when the Ombudsman told them to, how manny people just give in to the standover tactics and pay, a great scam if you can get away with it, Telstra obviously do get away with it and are unlikely to stop any time soon.

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers