Telstra Mobile

Telstra Mobile

1.5 from 1,647 reviews

• Plan Type
    • Post-Paid with Phone (76)
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (50)
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (29)
  • Local Reception

Terrible NBN service .Waste of time

Customer of Telstra for 48 years .Signed up for NBN .After 3 weeks no NBN .Complain to Telstra no response just accuses . Lodge complaint with Telecommunication Industry Ombudsmen Telstra have assingned Case manager same accuses.No answers to my complaint. Do your self a favour avoid Telstra a all cost waste of time.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Included Data per Month:25 GB

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

30% increase in Plan cost in 6 months

We've just been hit with another rise in cost of our Plan. The second increase in 6 months for a total of a 30% increase since last August.
When inflation is running at less than 2% this is just criminal profiteering.

Included Data per Month:2 GB
Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Telstra fails

I bought a pre paid plan that goes for a year early in Feb 2020. The new Sim card (porting over from Optus) was supposed to arrive in 2 days but here I am 16 days later and still no sim card. When I rang telstra's call centre I got someone who could hardly speak english who told me I needed to go and buy a $2 sim from a Telstra shop and then activate the Sim on line. This if course is complete rubbish and I just have to wait until they get their act together. What a hopeless organisation..........

Plan Cost per Month: $18.25
Sandra

SandraQueensland

Dont Get NBN With Telstra

I'm going to avoid writing the long-winded story about our 0/10 NBN experience with Telstra.
This company is horrendous, if I could give them a 0-star review I would.
Never. Ever. Again.

business owner

business ownerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible. Just terrible

Truck ripped phone line. After 5 days still not fixed and they stopped mobile NBN as it's been more than 2 days. Rely on the internet and the customer service is horrible

Plan Cost per Month: $99.00

No star

I swear some customer reps are so dame rude and so lazy. I was on the phone with a lady (Indian accent) trying to explain to her that I have been charged for the days that my NBN was no active. Then she continued to say that I still had to pay that amount bla bla bla, and what made her very unprofessional is that she put me on loud speaker for everyone to hear, which I didn’t care. She was soooo dame lazy to do her job and kept putting me on hold.
6 times that she kept saying she will pull my file up (6 dame times) like is that even necessary.

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time *ZERO STAR*

Plan Cost per Month: $90.00

Ebony

EbonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Useless. Put a default under my name and refused to remove it even though they have admitted it was there mistake. Useless idiots.. :) that’s saying it nicely.. don’t do Telstra

Plan Cost per Month: $80.00
Included Data per Month:5 GB
Wayne R.

Wayne R.South East Queensland, QLD

They avoid refunding

Had a poor service from day one.then customer service demanded money to unlock my handset, even though it's not a telstra handset..I already bought my own...and today, a month later, customer service are still demanding money.which is fraud.

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:35 GB

Telstra are completely unable to port over existing numbers

Elleemcee

ElleemceeSunshine Coast

Communication

While the operators I've dealt with (quite a few) have all been quite helpful, the information they have provided has repeatedly conflicted. Surely a company which describes itself as "Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company" should be able to communicate accurately?

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB

Mike C.

Mike C.Sydney, NSW

Expensive, Has reception but no data come in, Shocking

Just switch from Optus to Telstra for 1 year plan. In Chatswood, next to the train station, no data !!! Although it should 4g is enabled.
Under Top ryde shopping B1, all other telco company got reception but Telstra
They take too much money for their plan, 1 minute for overseas calling charged at $17, it's 2020! Be realistic and work on the reception and services, not thinking of ways to robbing your customer.
Suggestion: stay away from this Telstra, as soon as I am out the the contract, for sure will move on to some modern telcos.

Plan Cost per Month: $65.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerHobart, TAS

Shocking company.

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00

Took my $ and No Service Provided

Tried to sign up for prepaid service online. Did the whole 5 steps including ID verification and right after I have paid, the website say it has some difficulty and cannot activate my SIM. I check my credit card and it shows that I have been charged. So contacted their online web support for help, but the Telstra person also failed to activate my SIM. Then, I asked for my refund, and again the support failed at doing that saying that they are not authorised to do so. Three fails in a row... Now I have to waste more of my time to try to sort the activation out at one of their store. Telstra suppose to be the leader of the communication industry in Oz, but I guess that's changing. Very poor customer service.

Carol K.

Carol K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst Customer Service

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Refused a refund

Telstra have refused to refund me after supplying me with a bad service..and even refuse to add lost days of coverage to my account. Most customer care personnel give me wrong advice. Hang up on me and refuse to let me speak with my case manager that handles my TIO dispute..overall, I will leave telstra and try a home line with a different provider...time to give up on mobile service providers.

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:35 GB

Internal Telstra Communications and Lack of Service

Signed a Contract for Tablet and a seperate data plan.
Received the first account and found that I had been overcharged for tablet.
Spent 30+ minutes on telephone, most of this time waiting to be answered or hanging on while person investigated, then I was told that I had to go to a Telstra Shop with copy of the contract and copy of the account in order to resolve the issue!
While it may only be a small inconvenience - a litre of fuel and probably an hour of my time - surely Telstra, who steer you towards communicating by telephone, could have resolved this on the spot!
(A copy of the contract and all its details was emailed to me over a month ago so it must be available electronically,

Ted

Horrible customer service. They never call you back. Never go with Telstra.

Horrible customer service. They never call you back. Never go with Telstra. They lie on phone while selling the plans. I have written proof, I have verbal recordings to support this. They have the worst customer service also.

Telstra Billings Department are LIARS

Flip

FlipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t Bother

Hidden costs, sales assistants don’t reveal hidden charges properly and they obviously don’t care about they aftermath of the account. Manager told me I didn’t have a three day cooling off period and that’s when I got peeved. Called telecommunication ombudsman and was sorted.
But, as soon as my contract finishes in June, I’m outta there....Telstra are over priced, rude, pushy and down right demanding with their issues, avoid at all costs.

Plan Cost per Month: $102.00

Daveasked

Returned new phone to Telstra shop as it did not work properly, they could not fix it and said the problem with the phone must be with Telstra, Telstra said the problem must be with the phone, canceled plan and handed phone and sim back in at the Telstra shop, however Telstra then billed me for the full price of the phone and some other charges, rang them and explained to the Telstra representative what was going on, was told that even though the phone had been returned to the Telstra shop it had not been retuned to the Telstra Warehouse so therefore it had not been returned and the bill would stand until it was retuned, another bill arrived with more charges on it and another call was made to Telstra, this time the Telstra representative after a lengthy call said that the bill issue was resolved.
Apparently the way Telstra resolve a bill issue is to pass it onto a third party and destroy your credit score in the process.
This is a phone that was only days old at the time it was handed back, Telstra say that even though the paper work had been filled out, the plan cancelled and the phone handed back because the Telstra Shop is technically not Telstra the phone is not back with them until it arrives at the Telstra warehouse, so around the whole thing goes.
Where do you go with this, is this a scam, is this deliberate incompetence, is this laziness on the part of the Telstra Call centre representative or is it the Telstra company business model at its finest.
Hope someone knows how to resolve this,

Gary
Gary

put a complaint it to the obsudsman they jump then

Dave

The Ombudsman I will try, but the whole thing has to be bordering on being fraud, Given Telstra is another so called private company that has a government body as the major share holder, chances of the ACCC looking at them are slim to none, the police would not be allowed the pursue a conviction even if the whole thing is proven to be a scam, we really do live in sad times when the the companys, banks, institutions & government departments that were held in high regard by the Australian population now see there customers or tax payer as a bunch of fools to be fleeced in any way possible no matter how low they have to stoop to do it.

Dave

Contacted the Ombudsman after giving Telstra one last chance to sort out the ongoing saga, they put me on hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor after getting the same line that it was up to me to make sure the Telstra Shop returned the phone to the Telstra warehouse, after waiting for 20 minutes on hold they hang up.
Ombudsman was very good and quickly had all the details of the interactions with Telstra up on the screen, came to the to the conclusion that there was no fault on my part and Telstra’s actions on the matter appalling.
Telstra rang and sent an email on Tuesday, a Christmas miracle had occurred the phone had been found at the Telstra Warehouse, it was all a terrible misunderstanding definitely all the fault of the Telstra Shop not Telstra, they now say I owe them nothing they will remove my bad Credit report make no further attempt to recover the money.
Telstra only stopped this when the Ombudsman told them to, how manny people just give in to the standover tactics and pay, a great scam if you can get away with it, Telstra obviously do get away with it and are unlikely to stop any time soon.

Chilbz90

Chilbz90asked

Hi guys. Im switching to Telstra on Xmas day as I'm getting a new phone. I just want to know what is the best prepaid plan? Also if someone can tell me what the prepaid plan options are? Their website only shows what gb of data you get and how many days to use it. Do they have plans like optus $2 a day? Is their plans unlimited calls and txt? Just want to know pre hand so all I got to to is just select what I want and be ready. Cheers. Please let me know cheers.

Books H.
Books H.

Don't go with Telstra. They have been pilfering money from my prepaid Mastercard. The company is now run by foreigners and they are robbing Australian people blind. Run far away.

Gerry

Gerryasked

Is my sim with phone number and I was told that it is no longer on contract

Midge
Midge

Read recently that Telstra dont have Contracts anymore .Not committed for months
may only apply to new. You may have to ask instore or online

a1095894
a1095894

Best to confirm it in writing Gerry . I bought a prepaid sim but was billed after I closed the account despite that in the store they told me I had nothing owing. The debt ended up in my credit report and whilst it is now reversed, it took me a long time to fix.

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers