Telstra Mobile

1,829 reviews

Sunny

SunnyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Literally the worst Internet ever

Bruh telstra can't even do one job that is to stay connected. Literally drops out every 15 mins like you have one job and it is too stay connected!!!! And the customer service is so hell!!!

Plan Cost per MonthA$100.00
Included Data per Month100 GB
Anna K

Anna KSydney, NSW

Horrible customer service

The internet connection is ok but when you need to resolve an issue or contact customer support- it’s an absolute nightmare!
I’ve honestly wanted to throw my phone out of the window - Trying to reach out to them is causing unnecessary stress!
I’ve tried 5 times to resolve my bill issue (Telstra overcharged me) and could never get help!
Looking for a better provider in my area now cause Telstra is absolutely useless!

Unacceptable customer service

Plan Cost per MonthA$65.00
Included Data per Month80 GB

John D.

John D.South East Queensland, QLD

I would give zero stars if I could...

Worst customer service in the history of mobile phone network providers. It does not matter how good the network coverage is when the customer service is that bad. I'm with a company called Circles Life now, they use the Optus network, they are cheaper, and they actually look after their customers.

DAVID

DAVID

The Worst Customer Service In The World.

I bought a 30 dollar SIM card, I tried to activate it online after about 12 attempts, it still wouldnt activate, I decided to call up after about 20 calls, trying to get the SIM activated. I got threatened and abused, and now I don't want the SIM activated anymore anyway.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
sahithrao b.

sahithrao b.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer I have ever seen

Sometimes we did not get the wifi and if we call customer service, they say there is some outage going on in your area. When we check online, there is no outage. That had happened repeatedly. Customer service was really bad. They don’t maintain data what they have spoke to customers. They don’t have coordinations between them. I have to take the connection for 24 months. In 22nd month they have disconnected my internet connection and sent me the disconnection charges. And, if I don’t pay charges, that will affect my credit report.

Plan Cost per MonthA$89.00
Zulu44

Zulu44Sydney

Is Telstra customer service the worst in world history

Been trying to upgrade my mobile plan.
Online links, My Account, My App, Chat, all unresponsive. Unable to ring or email. Each option sends you on a never ending circular route.
Absolutely inpenatrable customer interface. Apalling attitude to customer service.
Telstra regional coverage across the country is the best available so, as a frequent traveller, sadly I am stuck with them.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Matthew J.

Matthew J.South East Queensland, QLD

Good coverage but thats all that's good about them

By far the worst organisation I have ever dealt with. Terrible staff and customer service. If you have to contact them over the phone, forget about it! I recieved an email that my phone had been ported and if it wasn't me, contact them immediately. But there contact number just disconnects you, meanwhile, they had full access to my email and bank accounts and I could do nothing. And my phones been ported twice now. Crappy security, maybe they have a contact number for crooks that works 24/7!

Local Reception

one of the worst company I know

I really don't believe telstra can get 1.5 start, absolutely 1. or 0. always mistakes when you see the bill,they even put other's bill to my account. and worst customer service. different service have different explain.

Lep

LepGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

You can only get service for Telstra issues if you download the app. Calling no longer works. I do not want to download the app so therefore I cannot contact them or receive any help with my enquiry.
Outrageous.

Sandra

Sandra

Telstra are scum

Do not go with Telstra. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and that's saying something. I asked for my bill to be direct debited instead of a paperwork copy and suddenly have a bill that is 4 x the monthly amount. I have emailed and emailed and get told your ordered a change which I did not. I try to ring and can't get through. It sends you the telstra app on your phone and hangs up. So I have requested to change providers today. It is the worst of the worst. They are absolutely scum creatures who just want your money and overcharge and there's no one to talk to in order to sort it out. I can't believe they get away with this in today's society. If I could give them minus stars I would.

Tiarna Manzano

Tiarna ManzanoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sneaky lying sales staff

my partner & i signed up new to telstra 2 years ago, not once were we told until now the plan has ended that it was a lease plan! now being told we either hand the phones in or pay near $1000 to pay them out. i will never EVER recommend telstra to anyone again. never in my life have i been scammed into a lease plan like i was with Telstra

Plan Cost per MonthA$91.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
TayTay

TayTayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company in Australia

Telstea customer service is ABSOLUTELY useless. You may not able to talk to someone on phone if you have any issue to fix it. All customer service related executives should be FIRED. Useless people.

Faulty line

Telstra service is absolutely disgusting have had no phone line for 4 days for my 78 year old mum my sister and I have rang many times. The automated service says that it’s bad times because of Covid so it sends me a link to reply in a message but no response not good enough

Plan Cost per MonthA$55.00

They said it loud and clear: “You don’t need Australia’s best network!”

Tired of waiting, ten hours on hold for technical support for my business account, still not resolved. Photo below showing me giving up after 2 hours and 33 minutes of “we will be with you shortly” Pathetic.

Plan Cost per MonthA$80.00
Included Data per Month60 GB

happicampers

happicampersSydney, NSW

Greedy culture of Telstra -deliberately set up with unsuitable product.

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month3 GB

Worst telco ever

Good internet speeds tho, but very bad service.
There was no dropouts I’m pretty sure. Still wouldn’t recommend Telstra to anyone, they take money out twice a month and it’s so annoying trying to fix it I payed $89 at the start of my plan, then magically jumped to $110 half a year later. When trying to figure out why on the phone to them, they just say random **** every time. I have had the Ombedsman fix my payments up at least 3 times and it always goes up. Have to be the worst telco ever, they don’t care!.

joe

joeSydney, NSW

BAD BAD

Telstra customer service very bad.... every time i call it will takes min 45 to 90 minutes, before they pick up my phone.

So, I sent them email and said.... i don't want to call telstra anymore... if you need me, please call me back ... as I do not have time to call and wait up to 90 minutes

and guess what is the customer service reply

" I can not tolerate your email and will close your case"

Surprise surprise.... telstra not even fix up the problem and the customer service close the case...

Plan Cost per MonthA$200.00
Fairgo Aussie

Fairgo AussieVictoria

Bad service not being to speak to a staff.

Bad service not being able to speak to a staff. Their chat service is appalling with no replies Yesterday nor today. The automated message when calling advises that a staff will call. No calls either. I guess the only way a staff will call is if i don’t pay my next bill..

Vik

VikGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT GO WITH TELSTRA!!!!! TERRIBLE

I would never never recommend telstra (not even deserve to be spelled with capital letter) to anyone. Please, don’t listen to the “The best in the market”. For the last 1,5 years I’ve been having problems with this company with no solution. 20 years ago with TPG my internet was working faster and better. Constant dropouts. Hours on the phone TRYING to get through telstra. If you value your time, do yourself a favour, go with any other company but telstra.

Plan Cost per MonthA$95.00