1.5 from 1,552 reviews

See the Best Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The rudest company it has ever been my misfortune to deal with

The rudest company it has ever been my misfortune to deal with as a customer. I will not be renewing my contract. The lack of courtesy on the part of their staff borders on deliberate malice.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Absolutely the worst company/network in australia!!!

Been dealing with these muppets since Monday 9th September to port my number from Vodafone. After being run around for 4 days & multiple Sim Cards , I was told by the porting team there's a 3 week backlog as the biggest Carrier/Network in this Country is down(yet again) & they couldn't inform me as to when the service would be active so I've decided to go to the TIO to hold them accountable for this pathetic service! The 'Customer Service' is a joke with yet another Call Centre in the Philippines! I could not recommend this Carrier with a clear conscience!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

The worst ever customer support company, useless support

cannot be more poor customer service than this, on phone, on chat and in store they do not help. all calls route to phillipines and they only say please wait for another 24 hours and then another 24 hours and then keep waiting. issue is never solved. regardless of how many requests you make, worst company to deal with. worst ever. I have chats, emails and call history to prove this. so no one is paying me to write this, infact i want Telstra to compensate for my loss of time. its more than terrible zero star but there is no option.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Worst ever customer service - terrible experience

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Complete waste of time and money

Reluctantly giving one star because you can't rate them any lower. A new customer trying to move to telstra and have been waiting 2 weeks to for them activate my sim card. Everytime we call customer support they say it will take another 48 hours. If you're thinking about switching to telstra don't even bother. They don't care about their customers new or existing and their customer support is a complete joke.

Plan Cost per Month: $95.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB

Worst customer service

Very disappointed. I was happy to change to a plan that included free international calls but I had to be on the phone for more than an hour on three separate occasions and old number still hasn't been ported. They keep asking me the same nonsense questions and don't seem to understand what I'm requesting. I wish I hadn't bought this plan. What a waste of time!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Over charged and wasted time

Disappointed customer, 24x7 app stated I owed money for bill of August, money had already been deducted via direct debit, and was charged twice.
Took 2 hours to resolve and any compensation of wasting my time was refused.
Customer for over 10 years, will switch when contract ends.

Telstra is the Worst!

Activated my sim yesterday and requested to port to my existing number. It’s been 2 days nw and still not activated yet! I have ported to Optus and Vodafone before and it only took like less than 30 minutes. I had to chat with the customer service like more than 30 minutes for 2 times to sort out this issue and still no response. I don’t know why they advertise saying Australia’s Leading Provider. It’s a complete lie. OPTUS, VODAFONE and LEBARA are way better in their service and also in customers service in sorting out our problem. Telstra is the worst! Made a big mistake! Still waiting for my sim to be activated!!

Included Data per Month:20 GB

Poor Customer service

They can not understand English neither the problem of a customer.
Every time I spoke to them they just can't understand.
Very very very very poor service.

Included Data per Month:20 GB

Poor Customer Service

Being with this company for 5 years and I am very disappointed with the service.
My phone is not working and they are not ready to replace it under warranty.I am happy to renew the plan with a new phone but they are charging me early termination fees for just 2 months.
I am buying a new phone upfront and canceling this connection.

Plan Cost per Month: $59.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Useless!!!

Sent a s10 plus 5g away for repairs or replacement through a Telstra shop and was told to wait up to 21 working days for replacement... get the phone back today on 30/08/2019 and they've sent the wrong phone.. got told that I should just accept the lower model phone while still paying for the super expensive 512gb 5g model s10+.. after speaking to Telstra support I was told that it could be months before I get the correct device as there is no brand new stock anywhere in Australia... the Telstra shop themselves had made a error on paperwork they sent away stating it was a 256gb model when in fact it was the 512gb model and got told it's not their problem and that I have to call Telstra to sort it out... not acceptable and very poor service and attitudes from Telstra staff

Plan Cost per Month: $129.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB

Order Process a nightmare

Only got 1 star because their isn't a zero or negative
Orders an iPad from Telstra chat, told plenty of stock.
Couple days later, order showing delayed. Chatted with Telstra and was told it would be delivered that week.
Couple days later still showing delayed, chatted again and told them was going to raise with TIO
So they actually called and was told the order had issues and were going to place a new order.

Now get an email which shows they've placed a order on the incorrect data plan and order won't be delivered until next week

Just been a nightmare, seriously Telstra get your act together

I wish I could give minus rating for Telstra Prepaid service.

I ordered Telstra Sim Kit $30 twice and haven’t received in months. I talked to them and they gave me Reference number for escalation and promised to call back. They never called me back again. I highly recommend anyone NOT TO BUY Telstra prepaid sim kit online.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

What a biggest mobile network company!!!!

I feel hopeless with Telstra mobile network, I was thinking Telstra with 5G network great!
But from the City loop all the way to caulfield still 3G only not not even 4G. Just very slow disappointed. Telstra please do something also inside Melbourne Central bad reception as well.

Unacceptable Prepaid Sim Activation Delay

I bought the $40 prepaid sims for my parents. Both sims didn't get activated after the initial activation for 8 hours now, they are still not activated. They send a message saying it won't be activated for another 4 hours just 44 mins ago. What the hell??? So a customer needs a whooping 12 hours buffering time to even use a prepaid service?? This is unacceptable on so many levels.

Included Data per Month:35 GB

Poor network coverage in suburban Melbourne 3046

Since I ported over my number to tesltra I have had 1 bar signal sitting on my phone with data constantly switching between h+ and 4g.

Telstra mentioned that the tower is loaded and that I will not be able to get good signals in my area. This is coming from a provider who claims to have the best converge and a fast network! I call total crap on that. When asked for a refund so that I can port out to another provide they come up with excuses stating that it has been escalated to the highest level and that they will call me in 48 hours and test the network when am home in the evening. A week later am still waiting for their call back.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Worst experience , don’t use them

We went into a Telstra store to upgrade our mobile service we were told we had to change our number for some reason , which we did , that was 2years ago on checking our bill this week we noticed that they had still been charging us thee $55 a month for the old number, as we have a small company we have a few services with them so didn’t notice, on calling them yesterday we where told that it was our fault for not checking the bill and they would not refund any money,after over an hour arguing on the phone to a rude ladie from another country we where told that they would credit our account only half and if we didn’t accept their offer whilst on the phone we would not be offered it again , we will be moving all our services over to Optus Monday

Plan Cost per Month: $400.00

Telstra is the worst company

Telstra is the worst put you on the incorrect plan and charge you a fortune for things that you do not need. I would never recommend telstra as it seems no one else rates them very highly either

Plan Cost per Month: $190.00

Overpriced for Sydney users

I set up a small account with Telstra back in 2017. I had an incorrect bill raised in the account . The bill caused me to have a credit default . Whilst the incorrect bill was reversed the amount of time and effort I took to reverse was never compensated. Overall I found the coverage good when I was in country areas but not in the city. There were too many outrages.

Customer service was not ideal either.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB

Phone plan

Another bad experience at Telstra carnes hill shops went to see if they could help with a new plan which Was finished and his reply iam not Telstra i just work hear went to voderphone great service from them not like Telstra onother plan of my finish in jan will cancel never to go back

Included Data per Month:1 GB