1.4

1.4

Samantha L.
Samantha L.
  NBN 100/20

Telstra is a terrible provider, don’t sign up!

Telstra is absolutely terrible with internet service and especially customer service. Their staff are not educated enough about general timeframes of getting a potential resolution. They have had my fault case open for 3 business days with no call back to let me know what’s going on and I have no internet, I was told 24 hours.
When you call back they say it’s been escalated to level 2 and there is nothing we can do. I even find their mobile reception is terrible and drops out too. I joined mid April and I’m leaving already.
Would not recommend them at all!!! Show details
Leo
LeoSydney, NSW24 posts
lifebeinit
lifebeinitCentral Queensland, QLD4 posts
  NBN 100/20

Worst experience with Telstra and nbn

Trying to get nbn installed and up and running from Telstra and nbn service man what a circus absolute joke every person I spoke to was foreign and hard to understand in the end I got everything installed after a month of back and forth and in the end I gave up told them to stick it as it was all to hard as they kept calling and booking appointments to get the job done and it was already done two weeks before hand from the last foreign contractor they sent around as they had no idea what was going on so in the end I told them to stop calling and forget about the service I ordered and I will stay with adsl and find a different provider as they were all so unprofessional side show never again with Telstra or there nbn provider… Show details
Philski
PhilskiForest Lake15 posts

Nightmare and a Big Mistake

Our transition from nbn to the node to nbn fibre to the home. What a complete nightmare. At least 4 hours of my life on hold and working through issues and still no internet connection.
Now I've escalated a complaint.
Here I sit, in 2024 with no internet in my home. What a complete joke. Show details
Henry L.
Henry L.
  Verified NBN 100/20

Telstra sends out second hand modems that breaks after 1 month

I have the NBN premium - location - NSW , Sydney, South East 15KM away from CBD
Good:
1. When the NBN works it is fast
2. not much difference in speed between day and night.

Bad:
1. Regular Drop outs (monthly occurence where you would get a 'bad connection day'). Not weather related.
2. Bad hardware. Telstra sends out second hand modems or "Refurbished modem". I have had 3 modems. The last 2 modems they sent me, one worked for 1 month, and then the replacement modem they sent today is broken on arrival (no power at all).

last month I had 10 days without internet while waiting for Telstra to send me replacement modem and fix nbn issue. They refund the internet fee, but it is bad availability. Show details

Kon
KonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Add area code

Telstra needs to add enter area code on the answering part of the telephone enquiry and on the request for data transcript part of the form Show details
Mokhtar D.
Mokhtar D.2 posts
  NBN 100/20

Excellent service, great customer service, reliable connection but very pricey

Been with telstra for 6 years, I found it the most reliable nbn (HFC) until last month outage originally from NBN so my telstra Smart modem 3 automatically connected to 4G till the problem resolved by nbn

I don’t know why people are whinging Show details

Caroline V.
Caroline V.

Service dropouts, 3 hr call centre wait and technician no show

I booked a service call for a technician after multiple service issues. It was booked from 8-12. At 12.30 I received a call to say the technician was delayed, and would definitely be there by 2 at the latest. But no- they didn’t arrive at all! Next communication was a 7pm text to say I’d need to rebook, no explanation or responsibility taken. I then waited for over 3 HOURS to rebook, and despite the no show my appointment was not prioritised for the next day, instead I had to wait for another days. So poor… I’m changing provider & recommend others do too. Not good enough. Show details
MikeHooterhertz
MikeHooterhertz
Jayke
JaykePerth, WA20 posts
ASC
ASCSouth East Queensland, QLD58 posts
  NBN 100/20

Terrible customer service and don’t want customers

I spent two hours trying to “move” my NBN service to our new property.
Apparently you have to go through all new credit checks (and questions about income etc) to move even if you have month to month only contract.
Although my credit check and income check was fine, they declined my move due to one invoice being paid two days late. All other bills in the past 8 months have been paid on time.
As they would not process the move until a couple of days before the move, this leaves me with no internet service for work. Poor service and not interested in keeping customers Show details
Jan B
Jan B
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD33 posts

Dreadful and paying $110 a month for it

Drops out multiple times a day, and we're back to the turning circle as it tries and tries to load a video. I was thoroughly conned. But shouldn't be surprised because it's not the first time. If they ring you and ask you to move over to FTTP, say NO. Show details
Charlie
CharlieCanberra6 posts

Very happy

I’ve had FTTP for three weeks. I’m on its 100/17 plan. My download speed never drops below 108mbps. Upload speed is stable at 17mbps. The speed is constant no matter what time of day it is. Show details
Gaz K.
Gaz K.Perth, WA
  NBN 100/20

Extra cost to send out the bill

Extra $2.20 to send the bill out what a rip off
Long standing customer here
Shame on telstra Show details

No questions yet. Read all questions about Telstra Broadband (BigPond).

Compare all Telstra Broadband (BigPond) listings
Standard Monthly Price $110$95$80
Typical Evening Download Speed 100Mbps50Mbps25Mbps
Promotional Offer

3 months BINGE Standard subscription available to Telstra customers who are NEW to BINGE with a consumer post-paid mobile or home internet plan. Redeem by 30 June 2022. Must redeem via BINGE or on a Telstra TV. BINGE Standard monthly fees (currently $14/month) apply after offer period ends unless changed or cancelled. Requires internet and compatible device.

Get Device Protect (helps defend against cyber threats with access to the complete Security Suite from Trend Micro™) offer for first 2 months. Pay 10/month after the first 2 months offer. The Two months is redeemable ONCE per account. Available to NEW Telstra consumer post-paid mobile or internet customers. App download required.

12 months Disney+ is included when you sign up or another eligible new plan. Offer ends 28 March, redeem by 31 May. Roll onto month-to-month subscription, currently $11.99/month after 12 months. Cancel anytime. New and returning Disney+ subscribers only.

Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps20 Mbps5 Mbps