Telstra Call Guardian 301

Telstra Call Guardian 301 Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

How do I set the terminal number to 0 in order to send a text message?
Like all Telstra Documentation key parts are not covered! As I said Telstra Service is an oxymoron. It is a system designed to isolate the executive from the customer. If you read the documentation it directs you to 132200, and after you battle your way through their incomprehensible computer protocols, the operator will tell you they have not been trained on this product.That's what i was afraid of!I thought I was the only one. My 86 year old father was sold a Telstra Call Guardian Phone. Did everything by the book. Rings once only then stops. Needless to say the Telstra Shop know nothing about the phone. Ring this number or pay $286 to have a technician come out. It is a disgrace!

Where is the 'PAGE' button when trying to register the phone??

Do newest model have ability to disconnect the screening process?
Not that I could see or find. I got mine a couple of months ago. You you can put call forward on the phone and that takes precedence over the screening, but then your un-screened calls go to another phone.Ok, thanks, due to our needs at a community centre will have mostly unlisted calls, we will not go with a guardian. Thank you for you reply.

guardian 301 Calls list currently working on base handset but not on additional remote handset. call display message "Currently not available";, why

ringing out on the 301 I can hear the receiver but they cannot hear me, I have 2 sets and the other one is fine. Have I accidently pressed a wrong button to cause this
That's weird. If you have the manual you could try to do a reset of the handset settings, if you haven't done that already.Thanks I'll try that.

When I press the dial button just get a continuous dial tone. When I dial the number from a mobile just goes to message bank
Can you key in a phone number, then press the green call button and then get to the number called? That's odd that it goes to message bank. Are you calling from a number that has been accepted by the phone?We reset the black box and now ok

I have call CG 301 and just lately I get a message on the screen that shows the receiver with a X saying full. I don't understand I've gone through the manual and there is nothing in there about this. Can anyone help me out here!
Do you have incoming messages that you haven't deleted?I don't think so where would I find those?

We already have a Telstra Call Guardian cordless phone that has some problems. I am going to buy a new Telstra Call Guardian cordless phone to replace it. Can I transfer the contacts from the old phone to the new one?
I would think it would depend on the problem of the original. I you can still sort of use it, you could connect the new one as an extra handset, which would sync your contacts to the new phone, then disable the old one You could call them, you MAY be lucky enough to find a person that has some knowledge of these phones (hard to find such a person)

Why does the screen on our phones light up intermittently

How do I call international numbers which require the + symbol?

How do i stop the blue light from flashing on base?

recently my guardian phone calls are timed? , After a minute or so I am cut off. This is a problem as it is usually in the middle of a conversation, or I am waiting for a reply from a company. It the a feature that can be reversed? james

Would the VTech 18050+1 Dect6.0 with a stand alone base station plus 2 cordless handsets be compatible with a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2? Thanks for the info Carla

I cant make calls from Telstra Guardian 301? Adriana
Ours is fine. You will need to take your phone to the store you bought it from and get them to help you to sort out the issue@Margaret A : press the one button Margaret.

when my phone rings when i pick up cannot hear voice on other end untill i press answer button onto speaker
I am sorry. I have no idea. Sounds like you have a dud phone. I am still trying to get an answer to my question so seems like there is a lot wrong with this phone as I keep getting people with their problems of the phone. Good luckthanks piper12How do I switch off speaker/adjust volume on handset?

Why can'T I buy a Telstra Guardian 301 at a Telstra shop - answer - they don't sell handsets anymore! Why can't I buy a Telstra Guardian 301 online - answer - they only sell to Telstra customers (don't want any new ones obviously!). Every other online seller takes a credit card, but not Telstra - how old-fashioned and silly is this? Get your act together Telstra!
I just bought one in a Telstra shop (they had to order it in) I suggest you struck a very unhelpful Telstra shop (the one in Southland is like that - will never go there again) you should try another Incidentally, I noticed that they also sell them on eBay Oh, just noticed, they all seem to be refurbished ones

Why is the phone showing unavailable and not showing messages

Why is the phone unavailable, not taking messages
Hi Rosemary. I have no idea. Have you asked Telstra? If they don’t know then I have no idea. Sorry

Hi there, I bought "call guardian 302" which is not allowing me to connect with my caller. After the recording tells me the name of the caller then ask me to press No. 1 or 2 or 3 button ( see page 18 in the 302 manual) and when I do press button No.1 nothing happens. I have asked my friends to ring me on multiple times without success. The sales people in Telstra shop do not know much about the phone. I not sure who is going to be of help me? Hope you can help !
Sounds to me it is faulty. Try phoning them. You may get lucky and get someone on the phone that knows something about them. If not, take it back and ask for your money back, that may get them more interested in helping you. Try to find a large Telstra store, where you are more likely to find a technicianWe had to go back to the store we bought it from. Telstra need to get their act together because they wanted to charge us to fix the phone we just bought which should have worked. That said our problem was when mobiles called the phone and did not recognise saying your name and pressing hash. It worked though with the Telstra guys phone. Our phones are older so maybe that is the problem. We do not have your issue and agree with previous person to take the phone back and get a new one incase yours was faulty or refund money. I would go with the former as the one We bought is now working well. Telstra though need to lift their game.Mine was a text message, once i deleted that all good.

since the nbn has been turned on the screen of both my guardian 301 mk11 cordless phone flashes . there does not seem to be patten to the flashing
I am sorry Josephine. I can not answer your question. I too have questions with my problems right from the day I bought this phone. Even Telstra can not answer this.Hello Josephine, I have had no problems with phones since NBN was connected, so far. Sorry can't help you there. I was going to suggest you call Telstra, but maybe they can't help. My base handset flashes when I change the batteries, so have left the original in. I bought the same type/size, just a different brand. Any advice from anyone? TIAAre you able to make and receive phone calls? Is the NBN itself working OK? What kind of NBN do you have? I don't have NBN yet, so can't really advise you, but thought these things may be relevant.

Get an answer from our members and Telstra representatives