Telstra Gateway Max 2

Telstra Gateway Max 2 (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jacari W

Jacari WTAS, 7005

NBN Modem Great Speeds

I receive 20mbs+ speeds on the Telstra network with my Gateway Max 2. I've only had positive experiences with it since I received it when I went from ADSL2 to NBN FTTN internet and the speeds are great, the reliability is there and there is no problems with it. The installation was smooth and I'm still a happy user.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Harry C

Harry CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent on wifi, exceptional with ethernet.

With a wifi (wireless) connection, the modem sometimes drops out occasionally, sometimes impacting on browsing and gaming. However, using an ethernet connection (wired) provides a very fast connection to the internet. I would recommend this particular product, for sure - because of the ethernet connection (and wireless connection for devices such as phones, tablets etc).

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

It's OK but not great

The 2.4G wireless has a reasonable range but speed is abysmal. The 5G wireless has great speed but is unavailable to anything not in the same room as the modem.
Easy to set up and has 4 ports for thernet connection
Should be provided with an extender for the 5G

Speed great, features great

The modem/router combo works well, no crashes, speed to connect is fast, the only issue I have is Telstra refusing to give me the SIP details for the VOIP so I can use my asus router to manage my network and then use this as the modem. But this isn't a fault of the modem. The modem works well, i'd recommend it to any non tech savvy person.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Daddy Swag

Daddy Swagbig V

Average modem

Got this modem as part of my big pond cable package. Wi fi works fine at ground level but seriously lacking over a big property and had to buy a wi fi booster to boost signal. Apart from that does everything that needs doing.

No would not recommend to buy but does do the job.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jac Wabbit

Jac WabbitHobart, TAS

Decent but not amazing

Plug and play set up for basic function. Wifi range is fairly small and requires a booster even for our modest 3 bed house (brick). Has both 2.4 and 5ghz options and can be fully configured through the admin window. Wifi speeds hit 95mbps on 5ghz (NBN fibre to the premises) and performed better than the previous Telstra router.

Cable connections are underneath (removable base) and look a bit messy when connected (unit stands upright). The unit is fairly large for it's function and has no aerials.

Overall, a step up from previous gateways but not as good as many options available for purchase. A great option if you get it free!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

David

DavidWilliams Landing

Good coverage around the house

Free with our Telstra plan. This modem is able to output 4 different wifi networks, so is very handy when guests come over and ask for wifi. The modem is accessible via 10.0.0.138, where you can change passwords and the network settings.
Be sure to use a different wifi band as neighbours as it will interfere and make connections slow.

Kami

Kamisydney

Decent Router, does everything it needs to do

I received this router when I signed up for cable broadband with Telstra. It is good however we frequently get ongoing connection dropouts and we have to reset the router which disturbs the whole household and can be frustrating. However when its running the wifi is strong and it has a long range and is easy to set up

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Chris

ChrisPerth

Works well

I bought this when setting up cable broadband in my new place. It works fine - I get fast and consistent speeds all throughout the apartment on the 5 GHz frequency setting. Never had any problems with it. I don't use a home phone so can't comment on that side of things.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Flyinfish

FlyinfishSydney, NSW

Pretty hopeless router

Telstra supplied for NBN. This router is HUGE! But performance is the opposite. Recycling the modem is a disaster as it takes ages to make a connection... drop outs, lack of stability for us too. It's a shame Telstra is resorting to such cheap hardware... they must get lots of complaints! This one is going in the bin as they're not worth $10 on Gumtree :(

Jimmy

Jimmybrisbane

Don't bother with this one!

This router was supplied when we signed up for a NBN plan through Telstra, but since it was first installed there has been ongoing issues with constant dropouts and porting setting disappearing. The router also has very poor range meaning it could not cover our entire house which was a significant issue. Not worth the effort.

Kimber

KimberSA, 5086

Decent Router, does its job but nothing special

Sid

Sid

Good router with poor features

As much as I like how the router looks but it’s interface is in 90s . Making connectivity more easier to setup and start using it . Has to have high speed connection to get streaming content .not all of them are compatible with Telstra routers. Need to have a technician to look at if something goes wrong

jon

jonbirkdale

Reliable

Plug and Play almost, easy to set up, never skipped a beat, attractive unit. Fast and efficient. We are not on NBN yet but this unit will work on NBN. Much faster than our last one. Have not had any dropouts to speak of, new home, new area, new equipment. All good so far

Joe

JoeCanberra

The back up cell coverage

Having recently moved from cable to FTTP I wasn’t sure what to expect and I’m still not convinced cable provided speeds more then triple the speed I’m now on, however the new modem is a different story!
The ability to map your homes coverage, change details and passwords without needing to use a LAN cable directly plugged in makes it easy to use. The SIM card that connects into the cell network does make this modem superior to many others when the network drops, it is not speeds you will get with your phone on 4GX but it’s enough to not be burning your mobile data.
This modem is plug and play and with the you tube videos if your stuck makes it a great choice for non-tech savvy owners

Floki

FlokiGeelong

Don’t waste your money

We got this as part of our NBN package and I’m paying $99 per month for this but I can’t work out why the service is so slow so I go into JBHi Fi and they tell me that this particular modem is cheap and nasty spend another $200 and this will sort out your problems. So I have since connected my new modem and guess what it works brilliant. Do not buy this modem if you have a 4 bedroom house it just won’t do the job!

SummerSkye

SummerSkyeQueensland

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Foxie

Foxie

So much better

As I upgraded to NBN initially Telstra gave me the normal gateway. The wifi on that was terrible even with extender. I contacted Telstra and demanded a replacement for a better modem. This one is so much better, no more drop outs. It has also 4 LANs to connect different devices.

Christie

Christie

Great product easy set up

We recieved our Telstra Gateway Modem about 4 weeks ago my husband set it up and we have had great internet speed and not disruption so far. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting fast easy and trouble free internet with a trusted company. And if we nesd help with it telstra are only a call away

NickSydney

Perfect

Always been with Telstra for the home and it’s been great. This new modem is fast as anything and works great with all the devices connected which it still is fast. The white colour looks better than previous black ones and more stylish as a whole. Super fast too and never lags.