Telstra Gateway Max

Telstra Gateway Max (page 2 of 3)

Gateway Max and Gateway Max 2

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reliable

Plug and Play almost, easy to set up, never skipped a beat, attractive unit. Fast and efficient. We are not on NBN yet but this unit will work on NBN. Much faster than our last one. Have not had any dropouts to speak of, new home, new area, new equipment. All good so far

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Works fine

I bought this from an advert on Gumtree, it was in as new condition. Simple to install, has 4 Ethernet ports and dual band wireless. Occasional dropouts, maybe due to being in a rural area, but that does not happen often. A very good, reliable modem. Can take a little over a minute to start (I turn it off at night), but they all take a while to boot up.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The back up cell coverage

Having recently moved from cable to FTTP I wasn’t sure what to expect and I’m still not convinced cable provided speeds more then triple the speed I’m now on, however the new modem is a different story!
The ability to map your homes coverage, change details and passwords without needing to use a LAN cable directly plugged in makes it easy to use. The SIM card that connects into the cell network does make this modem superior to many others when the network drops, it is not speeds you will get with your phone on 4GX but it’s enough to not be burning your mobile data.
This modem is plug and play and with the you tube videos if your stuck makes it a great choice for non-tech savvy owners

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Almost perfect

upgrade to NBN July 2017 had to get this as new router due to old one not compliant.
Easy hook up and good signal strength throughout house
Takes a long time to reboot if NBN signal is lost,(go make a cup of coffee)
Usually have up to 5 people accessing at one time and no noticeable problems
stands upright, looks like part of the furniture

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great router

Recieved as part of my previous internet connection is a very good router and i cant fault the performance never had an issue with it and would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a reliable modem that wont let u down u wont be disappointed with this product ever also delivers fantastic speeds

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not the best modem out there

This modem takes a while to restart when it drops out - which with Telstra NBN is regularly. Not impressed at all.
The set up is simple enough, but keeping all lights green is tricky and when it’s out it’s out completely. Think a stronger modem would provide a more robust experience.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

So much better

As I upgraded to NBN initially Telstra gave me the normal gateway. The wifi on that was terrible even with extender. I contacted Telstra and demanded a replacement for a better modem. This one is so much better, no more drop outs. It has also 4 LANs to connect different devices.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Myriad of issues

This modem is horrible. The Telstra Gateway Max 2, or it's actual model name, the Technicolor TG800VAC is a horrible piece of equipment that is afflicted with many issues.
1. Will reboot itself at random intervals, thus losing any connection.
2. Wifi may or may not work.
3. Wifi will drop out randomly.
4. The first one I received eventually ended up not working at all. The power light stayed on a light green colour and factory reset did not work, and a restart did nothing.

I have not modified the replacement. However the first one I received from Telstra I decided to look under the hood of the OpenWRT firmware and noticed that in the messages.log, there were problems related to ddns-scripts module which crashed the modem. I have not been able to get to the root cause of the problem as Telstra don't seem to have any support staff who can help with hardware issues.

0/10 would not recommend in any circumstance. I am resigned to the fact that I will have to purchase another modem independent of Telstra and attempt to set it up myself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

TG800vac is The lastest model ..FASTER

Telstra Gateway 2 TG800vac Is a faster modem overall , If you have FTTP , With cooling options via the usb port on modem , Too maintain performance and continuous speed , . . . .. Faster Than the years older model TG799 ....... ....... .. . . . . . .

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works well for day to day usage

The Telstra Gateway works exceptionally well for day to day general usage. Although it sometimes can struggle when multiple people are connected at the same time. I have family members who play Xbox, who work on their computers, who do homework, and those are the times when it can lag or not work too great. Other than that is an excellent product and would definitely purchase again.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I been using Telstra cable internet, fast as. My advice is to upgrade your current ISP Don't go for NBN. I have 1000 gig a month with the Foxtel plane. But can get hot easy. Good for gaming and streaming videos. Go Telstra. Good for Xbox and PlayStation 4. Get it now

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Excellent modem

So simple to set up and super fast. Never drops out or has any problems and I always have at least four devices connected to it. Good range in a large house. Definitely my favourite modem I've ever used, would definitely buy again and I recommend it to everyone I know.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent speeds, but reliability is sloppy from time to time

Using the Netgear cable version (C6300) - it's a bit pricy for what it is, but it's a worthy upgrade for an ageing modem router. Having upgraded to the Speed Boost pack, this is a great companion to fully take advantage of it - I get consistent 100mbps download to AC devices. That said, every once in a while, Telstra will push a dodgy firmware update to them automatically, and reliability goes downhill until the next update is provided, meaning you'll have to reboot time and again to ensure continuous access, which is incredibly annoying. That said, when it works, it works spectacularly.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Gateway to connection

it is a good modem and work well with large area of living space and can handle multiply device without any interruptions and the range is good for large user doing photo printing , quick download speed and no buffering issue as compare with some models that make gateway a reliable modem

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Never had any problems with Telstra Max

Super fast, easy to set up, a very reliable connection handles numerous device connections at once without slowing down. No buffering while watching videos & also has a great wireless range. I am very impressed with the Telstra Max it is the modem of all modems. Keeps everybody connected no matter what time of the day

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Easy to conect

I just bought this from telstra everything was perfect
Good : easy to conect, dual band wifi quick and easy sharing of photo, music and video over wifi, can conect to every devices including tablets, smartphones, tv, game console and computer.
Bad : nothing everything work perfectly and fast
Can't live without it

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The Telstra Gateway Max is your gateway to fast internet access!

The Telstra Gateway Max has to be the best modem out there. The internet has never been so fast in my house! It's about 2 inches thick so it can fit in small spaces with height restrictions. The lights on the bottom of the top of the modem gives a brilliant indication on how fast or slow the internet is and if there is a problem with the connection. Also, the Telstra Gateway Max is super easy to set up. The Telstra Gateway Max is your gateway to fast internet access!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

never had a problem with good connections

The gateway Max modem by telstra had never been problematic and always provided good connection. It was provided for free by telstra on their plan which may not be cheap as some of the cheaper brands (eg tpg) however, provides very strong and stable connections. will recommend this to others.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

High Speed Telstra Modem

The Gateway Max by Telstra is an ADSL / NBN Modem that provides excellent internet speeds. It is really easy to set up and comes free with a 24 month Internet plan with Telstra. I have had no problems with the modem so far and I recommend this modem to NBN and ADSL Users.

Recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

No problems - Does What it is Designed to Do

I use this for my cable internet.
Although branded Telstra the Gateway Max it is actually Netgear. I have had no problems with it per se.... just the normal internet problems that are not related to a failure on behalf of the modem. It sits happily on the floor on it's little stand. It was situated on the desk but it radiates that much heat I had to move it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016