Telstra Gateway Max

Telstra Gateway Max (page 2 of 6)

Gateway Max and Gateway Max 2

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kim M

Kim MRobina

Works Great

The Internet speed is always great and it never disconnects or requires us to restart it. We have multiple devices hooked up to it and working at once and it never slows the speed down. We keep it downstairs and it reaches throughout the house and on multiple floors just fine. Only positive experiences with this device.

Matt

MattBallarat

Good with NBN

When we moved we were able to switch to the NBN with Telstra. We stream video and have multiple devices using the Gateway Max 2 and it has performed really well. The only problem we've had with it is that it only has two ethernet ports, other than that it's good.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Elizabeth

ElizabethMelbourne

Works well. Reliable performance.

We received this as a replacement for our old Testra Gateway router, which stopped working while it was within the 2 years warranty period. We have been using it for 4 months by now. It works well, very reliable performance. No issues at all. So far we are very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jacari W

Jacari WTAS, 7005

NBN Modem Great Speeds

I receive 20mbs+ speeds on the Telstra network with my Gateway Max 2. I've only had positive experiences with it since I received it when I went from ADSL2 to NBN FTTN internet and the speeds are great, the reliability is there and there is no problems with it. The installation was smooth and I'm still a happy user.

Harry C

Harry CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent on wifi, exceptional with ethernet.

With a wifi (wireless) connection, the modem sometimes drops out occasionally, sometimes impacting on browsing and gaming. However, using an ethernet connection (wired) provides a very fast connection to the internet. I would recommend this particular product, for sure - because of the ethernet connection (and wireless connection for devices such as phones, tablets etc).

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

It's OK but not great

The 2.4G wireless has a reasonable range but speed is abysmal. The 5G wireless has great speed but is unavailable to anything not in the same room as the modem.
Easy to set up and has 4 ports for thernet connection
Should be provided with an extender for the 5G

Date PurchasedNov 2017

M H

M H

Never have any problems

The model Gateway max is so efficient, never have any issues. Would recommend this product very highly, has good range and fast and reliable. We have had it for over a year now and everything seems to run smoothly, never lets anything interfere with the internal workings. Telstra modems are good.

Nick

Nick

Speed great, features great

The modem/router combo works well, no crashes, speed to connect is fast, the only issue I have is Telstra refusing to give me the SIP details for the VOIP so I can use my asus router to manage my network and then use this as the modem. But this isn't a fault of the modem. The modem works well, i'd recommend it to any non tech savvy person.

Soppro

SopproMelbourne

Pretty good - decent range and speed

I've had this for almost 2 years now, and I am quite pleased to say that it was definitely an upgrade over my previous Telstra gateway, providing much better range and speed, especially since it's dual-band now. It was definitely not worth the price, about $300 when released, and you'd be better off negotiating with the Telstra staff if you've had their service for a while. It is also a lot more reliable, however, it still may suffer a very occasional hiccup which then requires a restart. Other than that I don't think I can complain much about it at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jack Daniels

Jack DanielsMelbourne

Average - WIFI does drop out at the extreme end of the house

This modem came, as part of my bigpond cable package. Modem works fine, except there are some drop outs at the very extreme end of the house - this appears to be inconsistent - not sure what the issue is because if I move 2 meters closer to the modem all is okay and it reconnects immediately. Fast consistent speeds all throughout the rest of the house, barring this extremity. I wouldn't go out and buy this modem if I had the choice, based on the dropout performance.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Daddy Swag

Daddy Swagbig V

Average modem

Got this modem as part of my big pond cable package. Wi fi works fine at ground level but seriously lacking over a big property and had to buy a wi fi booster to boost signal. Apart from that does everything that needs doing.

No would not recommend to buy but does do the job.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jac Wabbit

Jac WabbitHobart, TAS

Decent but not amazing

Plug and play set up for basic function. Wifi range is fairly small and requires a booster even for our modest 3 bed house (brick). Has both 2.4 and 5ghz options and can be fully configured through the admin window. Wifi speeds hit 95mbps on 5ghz (NBN fibre to the premises) and performed better than the previous Telstra router.

Cable connections are underneath (removable base) and look a bit messy when connected (unit stands upright). The unit is fairly large for it's function and has no aerials.

Overall, a step up from previous gateways but not as good as many options available for purchase. A great option if you get it free!

David

DavidWilliams Landing

Good coverage around the house

Free with our Telstra plan. This modem is able to output 4 different wifi networks, so is very handy when guests come over and ask for wifi. The modem is accessible via 10.0.0.138, where you can change passwords and the network settings.
Be sure to use a different wifi band as neighbours as it will interfere and make connections slow.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Abe G

Abe GHurstville

Rubbish router

Got this router from telstra as a part of the NBN deal, absolutely rubbish. Randomly drops out for no apparent reason and telstra blames my computer (which was doing fine on ADSL) then blames on the network cables. Don't know if its the modem or the company but stay away!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Kami

Kamisydney

Decent Router, does everything it needs to do

I received this router when I signed up for cable broadband with Telstra. It is good however we frequently get ongoing connection dropouts and we have to reset the router which disturbs the whole household and can be frustrating. However when its running the wifi is strong and it has a long range and is easy to set up

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Andrew B

Andrew B

Very good WiFi signal in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

This modem / wifi router does the job very well, however the gateway interface isn't that great and starts to slow down and needs to be rebooted if you access it a lot. The wifi works fine, great speeds and great coverage in both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. Device is a little bulky so doesn't look good.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Chris

ChrisPerth

Works well

I bought this when setting up cable broadband in my new place. It works fine - I get fast and consistent speeds all throughout the apartment on the 5 GHz frequency setting. Never had any problems with it. I don't use a home phone so can't comment on that side of things.

Flyinfish

FlyinfishSydney, NSW

Pretty hopeless router

Telstra supplied for NBN. This router is HUGE! But performance is the opposite. Recycling the modem is a disaster as it takes ages to make a connection... drop outs, lack of stability for us too. It's a shame Telstra is resorting to such cheap hardware... they must get lots of complaints! This one is going in the bin as they're not worth $10 on Gumtree :(

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Prav

Prav

Best value NBN FTTN modem

Very cheap and solid performing modem router device for nbn FTTN. I bought mine from Gumtree for $20.Can also be used as a modem only (i.e bridged mode) with other routers. Wireless performance is good too - have 4 devices connected without dropping. Good for a backup device for testing.

Glen T.

Glen T.Sydney

Required upgrade via warranty replacement

Had this modem for about 1 and a half years. It occasionally switched off or reseted itself without any notice. I did not realise that it was faulty all this time so I followed up with Telstra later down the line and the technician who visited suggested that I get a replacement because occasionally modems distributed may be faulty, as they are mass produced and randomly selected then tested.

Date PurchasedJan 2016