Telstra Gateways Frontier

Telstra Gateways Frontier (page 2 of 2)

• Number of Connected Devices 11 devices

I love this modem.

Leanne H

Leanne HAU

Great Wifi, and 4G backup

I was offered this gateway when switching to NBN (as I was going to leave Telstra). It arrived quickly (2 days) and what I most liked was that I was able to activate it immediately, and it went on the 4G network (speeds are capped at 6Mbps/1Mbps) - but even that was better than the ADSL performance I had been on. Since then we've connected it to the NBN, and no problem with the signal. The Wifi performance throughout the house is very good, better than my prior modem (Billion Wireless-N, admittedly over 6 years old).

Hemsley

HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Plug & Play

Purchased with recent upgrade to TELSTRA NBN service.
Seems to handle the ever increasing demands of kids devices and streaming services for a family of 4. Strong signal for about 30m radius through steel framed plasterboard walls. Have also added a range extender to improve strength at opposite end of the house which was easy to do with the WPS button.
delivered quickly and Box came with simple to follow instructions and everything needed to connect.
No complaints from me.

Routers

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Routers

Mobile backup is not reliable, and very poor support from Telstra

Zac W

Zac WRObina

Best modem i have had from Telstra!

The Telstra frontier modem is one of the best that Telstra has released it the best designed modem i have seen no aerials sticking out or horrible looking plastics, i would highly recommend this modem for anyone on a Telstra plan the cord are under the bottom of the modem and haven't had any problem is the speed.

Madsaround

MadsaroundMelbourne

Telstra frontier gateway poor service

smurfergirl

smurfergirlVictoria, 3977

Modem with Hybrid Technology

After upgrading to NBN recently, I decided to upgrade the included Telstra Gateway Modem to the new Telstra Gateway Frontier which, whilst larger than its' predecessor, the Telstra Gateway Max, it still blends seamlessly into the decor plus it has the added benefit of fallback to the Telstra 4G network, should the NBN network go down. Whilst this is limited to 6Mbps, the data comes out of your Broadband allowance and it is reassuring to know that there is built in redundancy, if worse comes to worst. It also has the added benefit of switching automatically between the 2G and 5G networks for Wifi. I would definitely recommend it.

See all Telstra Gateways Frontier reviews

Vicki Jones

Vicki Jonesasked

What year was this specific model released

Matthew B.

Matthew B.asked

I'm buying a lot of smart objects for My house and want to upgrade from this box. The only problem is I don't know what this box is. Is it a router, a modem or both

Can anyone tell me when I'm upgrading do I just need to buy a router or do I need a modem/router in one?

Hawka
Hawka

No this is just a router, you connect it to your modem. If your on NBN your modem is that little black nbn box that they supply you with/or if your still on cable, you would have seperate cable modem.

Eva

Evaasked

were the WPS button on router is

CategoryRouters and Modems
Price (RRP) A$384.00
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
Wi-Fi Standard802.11 ac