Telstra Gateways Frontier

Telstra Gateways Frontier (page 2 of 2)

• Number of Connected Devices 11 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
AFK
AFKPeel, WA

Very good telstra modem

Finally the nbn came to our door, and fibre to the kerb which is great. The cynic in me says that our adsl2 was deliberately being slowed down so we would be hanging out for the nbn connection....we certainly were so that bit probably worked. Telstra contacted us about the nbn being available and we signed up, got a good deal on evening std with gateway and modem router supplied promptly as promised. Followed all the simple instructions to connect and within 10 minutes up and running..very good modem and hook up was simplicity in itself...couldnt have been easier..works well, can run 2.4ghz or 5.3ghz, 2.4 ghz works fine. We are very happy with the whole setup. Its basically plug and play, no problem af all so far.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Taj
TajPerth

Happy surfing

Looks beautiful..works great..but sometimes getting on and off due to weather and power fluctuations other than that it s performance good and easy to set up .it comes with all details inside box..so we installed on our own.. no man power needed..only need assistance from technical support when connecting...thanks ..simply superb design..

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Other Modems

therevills
therevillsAdelaide

Great Telstra Modem

We changed from ADSL to Telstra Cable as we were sick of waiting for NBN to be available in our area. We have not had an issues as yet with the modem and it seems to be working really well.

It was easy to set up which is always a good thing. The wi-fi is really good throughout the house too.The modem looks modern and clean, with no aerials or bits sticking out, bonus!

The speed has been great, we are very impressed with that. Also if cable is down, we have the back up of the 4G network.

We have had no issues with this modem, it works perfectly and we are very happy with it's performance.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Kto ZSydney, NSW

Just stopped working - so much for 4G backup

The usual Telstra customer service joy (not) was somewhat offset by this clever solution. 4G was only answer while Telstra took 2 months to deliver us the ADSL we purchased. So 6 mbps download through 4G was OK as a standby and we finally got our 12 mbps ADSL 2+ for a month before the modem failed including 4G backup. Took 90 minutes over 2 phone calls to get them to acknowledge that modem had failed and would be replaced. Stand by to see where this ends up....

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Snoopy
SnoopyMelbourne

Easy to set, no glitch, fast

Switched from Optus to Telstra when we moved house. I am not tech savvy and therefore pleasantly surprised how easy it was to set this up. Used it for 3 months, no complaints, no delay in watching HD movie on laptop or iPads, even when all 5 gadgets were connected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Greg N.
Greg N.Murray Region, NSW

I love this modem.

Leanne H
Leanne HAU

Great Wifi, and 4G backup

I was offered this gateway when switching to NBN (as I was going to leave Telstra). It arrived quickly (2 days) and what I most liked was that I was able to activate it immediately, and it went on the 4G network (speeds are capped at 6Mbps/1Mbps) - but even that was better than the ADSL performance I had been on. Since then we've connected it to the NBN, and no problem with the signal. The Wifi performance throughout the house is very good, better than my prior modem (Billion Wireless-N, admittedly over 6 years old).

Hemsley
HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Plug & Play

Purchased with recent upgrade to TELSTRA NBN service.
Seems to handle the ever increasing demands of kids devices and streaming services for a family of 4. Strong signal for about 30m radius through steel framed plasterboard walls. Have also added a range extender to improve strength at opposite end of the house which was easy to do with the WPS button.
delivered quickly and Box came with simple to follow instructions and everything needed to connect.
No complaints from me.

Other Modems

Mobile backup is not reliable, and very poor support from Telstra

Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Zac W
Zac WRObina

Best modem i have had from Telstra!

The Telstra frontier modem is one of the best that Telstra has released it the best designed modem i have seen no aerials sticking out or horrible looking plastics, i would highly recommend this modem for anyone on a Telstra plan the cord are under the bottom of the modem and haven't had any problem is the speed.

Madsaround
MadsaroundMelbourne

Telstra frontier gateway poor service

smurfergirl
smurfergirlVictoria, 3977

Modem with Hybrid Technology

After upgrading to NBN recently, I decided to upgrade the included Telstra Gateway Modem to the new Telstra Gateway Frontier which, whilst larger than its' predecessor, the Telstra Gateway Max, it still blends seamlessly into the decor plus it has the added benefit of fallback to the Telstra 4G network, should the NBN network go down. Whilst this is limited to 6Mbps, the data comes out of your Broadband allowance and it is reassuring to know that there is built in redundancy, if worse comes to worst. It also has the added benefit of switching automatically between the 2G and 5G networks for Wifi. I would definitely recommend it.