Telstra Gateways Frontier

• Wi-Fi Range
Tim e

Tim eGoulburn Valley, VIC

Piece of fkn crap

Only 2 out of 10 of our devices connect via wifi and the 5g wifi does not work and all devices that have lan capabilities don't work on it the phone has slight static when using it and 4g is slow but has full signal. The modem itself is too screwed down and can't shut down telstra air access on it. I rate it -10 out of 10

Purchased in February 2019.

ModemTechnicolor dja0230
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
Michael

Michael

Money grubbing dogs

Don't even get me started on this, I moved to Telstra a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be woring fine, the wifi was fast and good, until my modem kept automatically going into 'back up mode', i called Telstra several times seeking help and they would say the same damn thing, 'there has been an outage in your area causing this', and honestly, if that were true, than how the hell is it possible that Telstra had 30 outages in 3 weeks? I ended up moving to Optus and my life couldn't be better, i suggest you all do the same.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Ben

BenSydney

Backup facility no longer gives a reasonable speed.

I moved to Telstra specifically because of the backup facility on the modem as my NBN line is unreliable. For the first 6 months it would fall over to backup at around 6mb. Now it falls to backup at about 0.5mb.. ie. unusable. Telstra phones in the house give 50Mb plus (we're in a high coverage area). Telstra won't address this issue although I follow the proper channels. They are clearly throttling due to too many people on it and an unreliable NBN and can't let it saturate the cellular network... but this is *the* reason I moved to them. Oh, and the modem (made by Technicolor) has a poor range and is not 100% standard so isn't compatible with certain printers, my Mitsubishi air con and a Samsung TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Routers

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Routers

Mobile backup is not reliable, and very poor support from Telstra

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Madsaround

MadsaroundMelbourne

Telstra frontier gateway poor service

Date PurchasedJan 2018
See all Telstra Gateways Frontier reviews

Vicki Jones

Vicki Jonesasked

What year was this specific model released

Matthew B.

Matthew B.asked

I'm buying a lot of smart objects for My house and want to upgrade from this box. The only problem is I don't know what this box is. Is it a router, a modem or both

Can anyone tell me when I'm upgrading do I just need to buy a router or do I need a modem/router in one?

Hawka
Hawka

No this is just a router, you connect it to your modem. If your on NBN your modem is that little black nbn box that they supply you with/or if your still on cable, you would have seperate cable modem.

Eva

Evaasked

were the WPS button on router is

CategoryRouters and Modems
Price (RRP) A$384.00
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
Wi-Fi Standard802.11 ac