Telstra Gateways Frontier

• Wi-Fi Range
Jlaw1968

Jlaw1968Melbourne

Good modem

We received this modem when we signed up with Telstra. It's worked as promised and there has been no real major problems since. We don't get drop outs and the connectivitiy seems to be pretty good. It sits under the kitchen bench and the wifi reaches all parts of the house, even in the garden. It was pretty easy to set up along with the NBN, just plugged it in. I will probably upgrade the modem when and if i resign to Telstra.

Purchased in December 2017.

Number of Connected Devices5 devices
Wi-Fi Range
Tim e

Tim eGoulburn Valley, VIC

Piece of fkn crap

Only 2 out of 10 of our devices connect via wifi and the 5g wifi does not work and all devices that have lan capabilities don't work on it the phone has slight static when using it and 4g is slow but has full signal. The modem itself is too screwed down and can't shut down telstra air access on it. I rate it -10 out of 10

Purchased in February 2019.

ModemTechnicolor dja0230
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
Michael

Michael

Money grubbing dogs

Don't even get me started on this, I moved to Telstra a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be woring fine, the wifi was fast and good, until my modem kept automatically going into 'back up mode', i called Telstra several times seeking help and they would say the same damn thing, 'there has been an outage in your area causing this', and honestly, if that were true, than how the hell is it possible that Telstra had 30 outages in 3 weeks? I ended up moving to Optus and my life couldn't be better, i suggest you all do the same.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Ben

BenSydney

Backup facility no longer gives a reasonable speed.

I moved to Telstra specifically because of the backup facility on the modem as my NBN line is unreliable. For the first 6 months it would fall over to backup at around 6mb. Now it falls to backup at about 0.5mb.. ie. unusable. Telstra phones in the house give 50Mb plus (we're in a high coverage area). Telstra won't address this issue although I follow the proper channels. They are clearly throttling due to too many people on it and an unreliable NBN and can't let it saturate the cellular network... but this is *the* reason I moved to them. Oh, and the modem (made by Technicolor) has a poor range and is not 100% standard so isn't compatible with certain printers, my Mitsubishi air con and a Samsung TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

So far so good ...

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Self Funded Retiree

Self Funded RetireeCentral Queensland, QLD

Good NBN Modem

The modem is easy to setup. Essentially all you have to do is plug it in.
I did find that I had to also purchase the Telstra smart wifi boosters to get good coverage around the house. The house is a single story L shaped house with the modem in one end of that L.
The NBN speeds are very poor but that is Telstra, not the modem. As for being able to switch over to mobile data when NBN is not available. Well that does happen.......but whilst it uses 4G coverage. Mobile speeds are limited to 6/1 Mbps speeds.

Overall one of the better modems that I've owned.

StephM

StephMNorth Queensland, QLD

Good modem

I'm very satisfied with the connectivity, drop outs are covered by 3g making it a lot less frustrating. Was easy to set up and manage. Wish we had got one sooner. Downside is it's a little large which means the places it can go at out house are limited. Overall a great modem.

Taj

TajPerth

Happy surfing

Looks beautiful..works great..but sometimes getting on and off due to weather and power fluctuations other than that it s performance good and easy to set up .it comes with all details inside box..so we installed on our own.. no man power needed..only need assistance from technical support when connecting...thanks ..simply superb design..

Hemsley

HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Plug & Play

Purchased with recent upgrade to TELSTRA NBN service.
Seems to handle the ever increasing demands of kids devices and streaming services for a family of 4. Strong signal for about 30m radius through steel framed plasterboard walls. Have also added a range extender to improve strength at opposite end of the house which was easy to do with the WPS button.
delivered quickly and Box came with simple to follow instructions and everything needed to connect.
No complaints from me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Mobile backup is not reliable, and very poor support from Telstra

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Madsaround

MadsaroundMelbourne

Telstra frontier gateway poor service

Date PurchasedJan 2018