Telstra Gateways Frontier

• Wi-Fi Range
Jlaw1968
Jlaw1968Melbourne

Good modem

We received this modem when we signed up with Telstra. It's worked as promised and there has been no real major problems since. We don't get drop outs and the connectivitiy seems to be pretty good. It sits under the kitchen bench and the wifi reaches all parts of the house, even in the garden. It was pretty easy to set up along with the NBN, just plugged it in. I will probably upgrade the modem when and if i resign to Telstra.

Purchased in December 2017.

So far so good ...

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Other Modems

Self Funded Retiree
Self Funded RetireeCentral Queensland, QLD

Good NBN Modem

The modem is easy to setup. Essentially all you have to do is plug it in.
I did find that I had to also purchase the Telstra smart wifi boosters to get good coverage around the house. The house is a single story L shaped house with the modem in one end of that L.
The NBN speeds are very poor but that is Telstra, not the modem. As for being able to switch over to mobile data when NBN is not available. Well that does happen.......but whilst it uses 4G coverage. Mobile speeds are limited to 6/1 Mbps speeds.

Overall one of the better modems that I've owned.

Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

StephM
StephMNorth Queensland, QLD

Good modem

I'm very satisfied with the connectivity, drop outs are covered by 3g making it a lot less frustrating. Was easy to set up and manage. Wish we had got one sooner. Downside is it's a little large which means the places it can go at out house are limited. Overall a great modem.

Taj
TajPerth

Happy surfing

Looks beautiful..works great..but sometimes getting on and off due to weather and power fluctuations other than that it s performance good and easy to set up .it comes with all details inside box..so we installed on our own.. no man power needed..only need assistance from technical support when connecting...thanks ..simply superb design..

Hemsley
HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Plug & Play

Purchased with recent upgrade to TELSTRA NBN service.
Seems to handle the ever increasing demands of kids devices and streaming services for a family of 4. Strong signal for about 30m radius through steel framed plasterboard walls. Have also added a range extender to improve strength at opposite end of the house which was easy to do with the WPS button.
delivered quickly and Box came with simple to follow instructions and everything needed to connect.
No complaints from me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
See all Telstra Gateways Frontier reviews

Vicki Jones
Vicki Jonesasked

What year was this specific model released

Matthew B.
Matthew B.asked

I'm buying a lot of smart objects for My house and want to upgrade from this box. The only problem is I don't know what this box is. Is it a router, a modem or both

Can anyone tell me when I'm upgrading do I just need to buy a router or do I need a modem/router in one?

Hawka
Hawka

No this is just a router, you connect it to your modem. If your on NBN your modem is that little black nbn box that they supply you with/or if your still on cable, you would have seperate cable modem.

Eva
Evaasked

were the WPS button on router is

See all Telstra Gateways Frontier questions

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
Wi-Fi Standard802.11 ac