Telstra Gateways Frontier

• Wi-Fi Range
shan
shanCronulla

Best modem ever

Purchased in July 2018 at Telstra.

Outdoor E.
Outdoor E.Southwest, VIC

Good Gateway

This modem has been used for a few months and we find it to be very fast after it is powered on. It has never given us any troubles and never cuts out. Very easy to setup both from startup and with wifi connection which we usually have 3 devices connected to it.

Purchased in August 2018.

Sewsoau

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Hera
HeraMelbourne

Can’t believe it’s easy!

Ordered and came to my house in the next two days! Was so fast and easy to set up! Literally can get my 6 year old to set up lol works wonderfully I love how they will let me know prior if the systems going to be down, I’m saying that they work on the networks when we’re most probably sleeping. I haven’t had any problems with the modem or Telstra so far, so here’s hoping we won’t need to call them. However it’s great I actually love it and don’t think I’ll be changing anytime soon

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Bernie
BernieDJIRU

This looks so cool!

I've been using this router for a year and it feels great, the signal is very stable, it doesn't drop the line for no reason, and it's very easy and very simple to debug. It's just a fool's job. There's no burden to set up and manage a router.If I buy it again, I'll follow. It will choose it!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
RCB
RCBHobart

Works very well, easy to use.

Despite having some issues with the service provider, this modem has been an exception. In terms of design, it is sleek, stylish and does not stick out like a sore thumb in a room. Buttons are clearly labeled and work as they should. It comes with a long length of cable which allows for it to be placed just about anywhere too. Installation went smoothly, and set up was simple thanks to the provided instructions. We have had no issues with the service provided by this modem, it’s reliable and strong! Notable that the modem itself has not been affected by the several losses of power we’ve had over the past year: no electronics issues or anything like that. Pretty happy with this.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
BUGBUYER
BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

EXCELLENT MODEM TO FIX DROP OUT PROBLEMS

Date PurchasedAug 2018
AFK
AFKPeel, WA

Very good telstra modem

Finally the nbn came to our door, and fibre to the kerb which is great. The cynic in me says that our adsl2 was deliberately being slowed down so we would be hanging out for the nbn connection....we certainly were so that bit probably worked. Telstra contacted us about the nbn being available and we signed up, got a good deal on evening std with gateway and modem router supplied promptly as promised. Followed all the simple instructions to connect and within 10 minutes up and running..very good modem and hook up was simplicity in itself...couldnt have been easier..works well, can run 2.4ghz or 5.3ghz, 2.4 ghz works fine. We are very happy with the whole setup. Its basically plug and play, no problem af all so far.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

therevills
therevillsAdelaide

Great Telstra Modem

We changed from ADSL to Telstra Cable as we were sick of waiting for NBN to be available in our area. We have not had an issues as yet with the modem and it seems to be working really well.

It was easy to set up which is always a good thing. The wi-fi is really good throughout the house too.The modem looks modern and clean, with no aerials or bits sticking out, bonus!

The speed has been great, we are very impressed with that. Also if cable is down, we have the back up of the 4G network.

We have had no issues with this modem, it works perfectly and we are very happy with it's performance.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Modems

Find out how Telstra Gateways Frontier compares to other Modems

Snoopy
SnoopyMelbourne

Easy to set, no glitch, fast

Switched from Optus to Telstra when we moved house. I am not tech savvy and therefore pleasantly surprised how easy it was to set this up. Used it for 3 months, no complaints, no delay in watching HD movie on laptop or iPads, even when all 5 gadgets were connected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Greg N.
Greg N.Murray Region, NSW

I love this modem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Leanne H
Leanne HAU

Great Wifi, and 4G backup

I was offered this gateway when switching to NBN (as I was going to leave Telstra). It arrived quickly (2 days) and what I most liked was that I was able to activate it immediately, and it went on the 4G network (speeds are capped at 6Mbps/1Mbps) - but even that was better than the ADSL performance I had been on. Since then we've connected it to the NBN, and no problem with the signal. The Wifi performance throughout the house is very good, better than my prior modem (Billion Wireless-N, admittedly over 6 years old).

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Zac W
Zac WRObina

Best modem i have had from Telstra!

The Telstra frontier modem is one of the best that Telstra has released it the best designed modem i have seen no aerials sticking out or horrible looking plastics, i would highly recommend this modem for anyone on a Telstra plan the cord are under the bottom of the modem and haven't had any problem is the speed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
smurfergirl
smurfergirlVictoria, 3977

Modem with Hybrid Technology

After upgrading to NBN recently, I decided to upgrade the included Telstra Gateway Modem to the new Telstra Gateway Frontier which, whilst larger than its' predecessor, the Telstra Gateway Max, it still blends seamlessly into the decor plus it has the added benefit of fallback to the Telstra 4G network, should the NBN network go down. Whilst this is limited to 6Mbps, the data comes out of your Broadband allowance and it is reassuring to know that there is built in redundancy, if worse comes to worst. It also has the added benefit of switching automatically between the 2G and 5G networks for Wifi. I would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017