Telstra Gateways Frontier

Telstra Gateways Frontier

See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Telstra? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 11 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Jlaw1968
Jlaw1968Melbourne

Good modem

We received this modem when we signed up with Telstra. It's worked as promised and there has been no real major problems since. We don't get drop outs and the connectivitiy seems to be pretty good. It sits under the kitchen bench and the wifi reaches all parts of the house, even in the garden. It was pretty easy to set up along with the NBN, just plugged it in. I will probably upgrade the modem when and if i resign to Telstra.

Purchased in December 2017.

shan
shanCronulla

Best modem ever

Purchased in July 2018 at Telstra.

Outdoor E.
Outdoor E.Southwest, VIC

Good Gateway

This modem has been used for a few months and we find it to be very fast after it is powered on. It has never given us any troubles and never cuts out. Very easy to setup both from startup and with wifi connection which we usually have 3 devices connected to it.

Purchased in August 2018.

Sewsoau
SewsoauAdelaide

Best Telstra Modem yet

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Hera
HeraMelbourne

Can’t believe it’s easy!

Ordered and came to my house in the next two days! Was so fast and easy to set up! Literally can get my 6 year old to set up lol works wonderfully I love how they will let me know prior if the systems going to be down, I’m saying that they work on the networks when we’re most probably sleeping. I haven’t had any problems with the modem or Telstra so far, so here’s hoping we won’t need to call them. However it’s great I actually love it and don’t think I’ll be changing anytime soon

So far so good ...

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Self Funded Retiree
Self Funded RetireeCentral Queensland, QLD

Good NBN Modem

The modem is easy to setup. Essentially all you have to do is plug it in.
I did find that I had to also purchase the Telstra smart wifi boosters to get good coverage around the house. The house is a single story L shaped house with the modem in one end of that L.
The NBN speeds are very poor but that is Telstra, not the modem. As for being able to switch over to mobile data when NBN is not available. Well that does happen.......but whilst it uses 4G coverage. Mobile speeds are limited to 6/1 Mbps speeds.

Overall one of the better modems that I've owned.

StephM
StephMNorth Queensland, QLD

Good modem

I'm very satisfied with the connectivity, drop outs are covered by 3g making it a lot less frustrating. Was easy to set up and manage. Wish we had got one sooner. Downside is it's a little large which means the places it can go at out house are limited. Overall a great modem.

Bernie
BernieDJIRU

This looks so cool!

I've been using this router for a year and it feels great, the signal is very stable, it doesn't drop the line for no reason, and it's very easy and very simple to debug. It's just a fool's job. There's no burden to set up and manage a router.If I buy it again, I'll follow. It will choose it!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

RCB
RCBHobart

Works very well, easy to use.

Despite having some issues with the service provider, this modem has been an exception. In terms of design, it is sleek, stylish and does not stick out like a sore thumb in a room. Buttons are clearly labeled and work as they should. It comes with a long length of cable which allows for it to be placed just about anywhere too. Installation went smoothly, and set up was simple thanks to the provided instructions. We have had no issues with the service provided by this modem, it’s reliable and strong! Notable that the modem itself has not been affected by the several losses of power we’ve had over the past year: no electronics issues or anything like that. Pretty happy with this.

BUGBUYER
BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

EXCELLENT MODEM TO FIX DROP OUT PROBLEMS

Date PurchasedAug 2018
AFK
AFKPeel, WA

Very good telstra modem

Finally the nbn came to our door, and fibre to the kerb which is great. The cynic in me says that our adsl2 was deliberately being slowed down so we would be hanging out for the nbn connection....we certainly were so that bit probably worked. Telstra contacted us about the nbn being available and we signed up, got a good deal on evening std with gateway and modem router supplied promptly as promised. Followed all the simple instructions to connect and within 10 minutes up and running..very good modem and hook up was simplicity in itself...couldnt have been easier..works well, can run 2.4ghz or 5.3ghz, 2.4 ghz works fine. We are very happy with the whole setup. Its basically plug and play, no problem af all so far.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Taj
TajPerth

Happy surfing

Looks beautiful..works great..but sometimes getting on and off due to weather and power fluctuations other than that it s performance good and easy to set up .it comes with all details inside box..so we installed on our own.. no man power needed..only need assistance from technical support when connecting...thanks ..simply superb design..

therevills
therevillsAdelaide

Great Telstra Modem

We changed from ADSL to Telstra Cable as we were sick of waiting for NBN to be available in our area. We have not had an issues as yet with the modem and it seems to be working really well.

It was easy to set up which is always a good thing. The wi-fi is really good throughout the house too.The modem looks modern and clean, with no aerials or bits sticking out, bonus!

The speed has been great, we are very impressed with that. Also if cable is down, we have the back up of the 4G network.

We have had no issues with this modem, it works perfectly and we are very happy with it's performance.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Snoopy
SnoopyMelbourne

Easy to set, no glitch, fast

Switched from Optus to Telstra when we moved house. I am not tech savvy and therefore pleasantly surprised how easy it was to set this up. Used it for 3 months, no complaints, no delay in watching HD movie on laptop or iPads, even when all 5 gadgets were connected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018