Burliegh Store

I know each store is different, and faulty products can be frustrating to deal with both the customer and the store.
My experience is only with staff in the store, it has been very positive. Each time i was there plenty of staff, always offered help when walking in store. They offered extra help and when i asked for help using an item just purchased more than happy to help with simple request.

I prefer to go here that big branded stores, lots of products and friendly service for the Burleigh store.

Remember people are more inclined to leave a bad review than a good one. But if you have bad experience you should let people know.

Store LocationBurleigh QLD
Thank you for your great review Wyrmbait it's most appreciated! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed yourself on multiple occasions at our Burleigh Head store. I'm proud of the team there and they're constantly working to do better. They really know their gear, and are always learning & keen to share their knowledge. Sadly what you say is true about Australian reviews. Currently we as Australians are not as strongly inclined to leave reviews for when the experience we receive is Awesome, Great, Above Average or simply just OK. It does seem most Australians do seem most inclined to write reviews when their experience was less than what they'd expected. The ultimate unfortunate outcome, is that reviews - especially on ProductReview are usually distorted & give an inaccurate picture of what the brand, or product really achieve. That being said, we do appreciate all reviews, as they let us know what we're doing is right or wrong & give us feedback on what we should keep doing, and what we need to look into improving. As always, we're keen to hear feedback both positive and negative - reviews is a great way to do it - or if you wish to be discreet, we also offer feedback@tentworld.com.au Thank you again for your review & recommendation. Kind Regards & Happy Camping, Jon & Tentworld team.

Great customer service

Brought a swag on the weekend from Tentworld Ipswich and when unpacking, one of the spreader poles was slightly dented preventing it from extending properly. Took it back to the Ipswich store next day and they replaced the faulty pole straight away with another one. I was extremely worried I was going to have to wait or receive poor customer service from reading the reviews on here. So was very impressed and appreciative with the Ipswich Tentworld staffs help. I have brought numerous supplies over the years from Tentworld they have a great range and quality camping gear. Thanks for always providing a great experience.

Store LocationIpswich Tentworld
Thank you very much for your great review Happy Camper! Sorry for the inconvenience of having to visit us again when your new product was not in perfect working order. I am pleased we could resolve this one quickly and painlessly for you. I will be passing this on to the Tentworld Ipswich team to enjoy. I hope you're lucky enough to be able to use your new swag soon! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Very disappointed with Dometic

We bought a Dometic Porta Potti from Tentworld.
We filled the top up with water and it was leaking.
Took it to Tentworld and were told that we had to take it up with Dometic.
Not impressed.
We took it to the Dometic Service Center and they told us that they have no idea how long it would take.
We have been waiting two weeks and we have only now received a replacement water tank, and it looks old and second hand with all the marks on it, dust in the joints and water around the cap.
Very disappointed with Dometic's so-called after sales service.

Store LocationToowoomba
Hi Doug & Sonja, firstly - sorry that you had a problem at all with your Dometic toilet. Dometic make quality items that we're happy to sell & its rare that there are problems. Thank you also for your review about the Dometic warranty process & your experience with us. We are required by Dometic to send warranty applications to the service centre, so whilst I agree with you it can be frustrating, this is what Dometic - our supplier require of us. I am unsure why the service centre would have told you anything different, as this is how they make money. If you can let me know the name of the service centre, I will enquire with them as to why they would be advising this. But overall, this confuses me as their business & how they make money is with inspecting & repairing warranty items. We will take this complaint, and present it to our Dometic agents so that they're aware of how their policies effect our customers experiences. By the way, thank you also for your email you sent - I did reply a couple of hours later on August the 22nd to present you with some options & to try help out - but you never replied?? Kind Regards, JonHi Jon I apologise for not replying to your email, as I just searched for it and found it in my spam folder. We have just been to pick up our Porta Potti as it arrived today. I asked the gentleman about what you had said, and he confirmed that if we take a Dometic product back after 7 days, it has to go through a Dometic Service Centre. As for making money from it, he said that all he got out of it was extra paperwork. If it had been a fridge repair, or the likes, he made a small amount, but he makes nothing on replacements. I can see that you are doing what is required by Dometic and thank you for trying to resolve this for us. As for us, we will have second thoughts before buying anything Dometic, but will continue to shop at Tentworld. Regards, Doug.Hi Doug, Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to learn that for some reason my email went into spam. Very annoying! I will look for reasons why that happened. I remember taking extra time after eating dinner to reply to your email ASAP so that I could try to have you sorted for the weekend. I watched my inbox like a hawk the next day expecting the reply, and so that I could take action to sort you out. I was surprised when I got nothing back.. Its strange that the service centre is so abrasive about all this. I had presumed they made money from all claims, but in all truth - I do not know how their business model works - only that we cannot handle Dometic warranty claims, and that they do & somehow they earn money from Dometic for handling this - though perhaps not on all cases?? I do not know. Otherwise why bother being the service agent? I do understand your experience with Dometic in this instance has not been ideal. However, be assured that if problems with Dometic were regular & if we had to put this extra level of customer service into the sales process every time, we would quickly exit the support & distribution of Dometic. We much prefer to sell good gear, to happy customers, and to only see our customers when they return from their holidays keen to tell us how well their gear performed. So - you can have confidence in Dometic product in the future - because we do. Thank you for your continued support. Kind Regards, Jon

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

I went to your Coopers Plains store to ask for price matching on supa-peg 225mm tent peg.
1. The manager is refused as "there is not worth for them to match .29 cent cheaper at Snowy Store in Brendal". This is disgusting. Yes, as a customer, it is worth every single cents for me.
2. I contact the head office ask about their price match policy. The guy named Jarrod is very friendly and try to sort out the price match. They are happy to do it and ask me how many do I need and which store I will come to pay and collect it. I gave your Cooper Plains store second chance.
3. I came back to your Cooper Plains store, it looks like it has not been arranged as promised from the head office. No ones in this stores know about this. I show them the conversation between me and the head office. One staff said "the head office should not involve or interfere about this price match, let me talk to the manager". The staff went to Snowy website to check the price again and happy to do price matching at this time, $1.00 for each. He asked me how many do I need. I said I need 15 of them.
4. He come to collect and come back to the counter. The total is $15.00 for 15 of supa-peg 225mm tent peg.
5. I gave him the TW voucher $15.00, he is not happy at all and ask the manager about the acceptance. The manager said "just do it so he will not come back". This is disgusting again.
6. I paid and wrap all peg on the counter to work out the store as well as counting. This is my mistake. I pass the door I found there are only 13 of them. I came back straight away to confront him.
7. He said "there are 15 of them, he counted twice when he got them from shelf. You are welcome to snowy to buy other 2" and walk away. This is disgusting and cheating.

YES TentWorld, I will not come back to this store again.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
Hi Nick, Thank you for taking the time to review your shopping experience with us. I am very sorry to read about your experience in our store. I wish to assure you that this is not what you should expect from our stores and that we take great pride in the quality of our service, advice and range. Please be assured that I will investigate this, and take action on any findings I make. You can be sure that if you do give the Coopers Plains store another opportunity you will find your experience to be totally different. I have found your messenger thread on Facebook, and will reach out to you separately to continue this investigation. Thank you. If in the meantime I can help you with anything else. Please let me know. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

disgusting & underhanded customer service

I called your Coopers Plains store to ask for your best price on a Joolca hot water system. The guys reply was to come to the store if serious to discuss hes best price. We drove 45 mins to the store to be told they don't do any discount pricing on Joolca. The attitude was very snide & condescending when we explained what we had been told over the phone. We have used Tentworld a lot over the years but wont be going back any time soon. As fortune would have it Joocla was doing a 10% off on e-bay so we took up this offer. Karma perhaps? If any one is chasing Joolca check e-bay first.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback regarding our team members interactions with you on the phone & in the store. I will discuss this with the team as I agree with you - what you've described, should not have been how it goes. I have just taken a look at Joolca on eBay, and I am not able to see any special offer on their units - I will discuss this with Joolca however, as they are our partner - we support them by stocking their units, displaying them and advertising them & it is not acceptable for them to offer promotions that our customers are not eligible for and is not in the spirits of a healthy partnership. However, what I suspect has actually happened is that you've been given a discount offer from eBay themselves, not Joolca. Often, eBay themselves do sometimes have offers - which comes from eBay themselves - so I'm glad you were able to get 10% off but Joolca still get their full payment. Typically, the Joolca units are not eligible for any discount, as the model Joolca have chosen is to choose an aggressive, fair price & to then just sell. Rather than forcing customers to wait for when they come on special etc. We do support Joolca with this strategy, and our customers appreciate this knowing that whenever they choose to buy - they're not paying too much. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with this feedback, I will be discussing with the team how we deal with phone enquiries like yours, what we could have done better, and how we could have handled your enquiry instore that could have resulted in you being happy with your experience - rather than compelled to write bad reviews. I appreciate this opportunity & feedback thank you. If you did have any further feedback, or tips on how we could improve. Feel free to email these to feedback@tentworld.com.au - we are in the business of providing the best range of camping gear, at competitive prices with great customer service. We this feedback is always helpful! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

These guys go way beyond the ordinary!

In our 60's, I have been able to talk my husband into going camping again! The guys at Tent World were really helpful and understanding of our need for the odd bit of comfort. They went beyond what you would expect from great sales staff in helping us put together what we needed.

Store LocationFishwyck, ACT
So glad to hear we helped you and your husband get into camping again BeeJ! Thank you very much for your great review it's most appreciated & I know the team will love reading this one. Happy Camping! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

purchase oztrail fast frame dusk tent and coleman all terrain queen inflatable matress.

great staff at Townsville. helen was very helpful with info about tent and mattress. will be back again to check out other gear. store set out is great with plenty of room to move.

Store Locationtownsville
Thanks for your great review Rob! I'll be passing on for Helen to enjoy reading too. Thank you & looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Hi Mel, firstly - thank you for shopping with us - we value your business. Secondly, sorry that you're disappointed in us. What you've described sounds very strange.. If you've got brand new faulty gear from us, then this is a simple case of going through the suppliers warranty diagnostic process to ensure appropriate resolution. Given you're saying its in brand new condition, this should be easy. In addition to that we're obligated to repair/replace under Australian Consumer Law if it has manufacturing faults but naturally we want to do it anyway, as we want you coming back for life. Something seems to have gone wrong here from the information provided. Please email me details of your claim including details of your warranty claim, invoice number and contact information to feedback@tentworld.com.au so that I can investigate & resolve. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Great store and helpful staff

The staff are so helpful. I had a lady,Kat(?sp?) and she knew exactly her stuff!!! The store is laid out in a logical manner and not all squeezed into a small space

Store LocationTownsville
Thank you Queenie! Enjoy your new camping gear!

Today 2/01/2019 I bought a Yamaha Generator and I found the staff at Tent world Townsville very helpfull and were reasonably priced

Thank you for the great review Joe, and for your support it's very much appreciated. Enjoy your new Yamaha generator! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Best shopping experience I’ve had in a LONG time.

We recently bought an old poptop camper and so are currently decking with everything needed for extended stays away from the rat race. We have visited most camping related stores throughout Townsville, pricing out our requirements. Until we walked into the new Tentworld Townsville store, we had come to conclusion that good old fashioned service was simply a thing of the past and that we should simply research the stuff we needed and then buy from the cheapest store (or online).

From the moment I walked into Tentworld I was VERY impressed by their beautifully decorated and laid out premises and how well stocked it was. Better still is that most things are actually set up or on display so you can look, touch and try things before laying out your hard earned money. This alone was impressive but then I met the staff. Everyone I have spoken to there has been extremely friendly, helpful. Each have gone above and beyond in making sure I had all the information I wanted or needed with never a hint of impatience (like a lot of other stores). These reasons alone had me sold on purchasing m gear here but then I checked the prices. In most cases, there prices where equal to if not better then the other stores!

All I can say is, go in and see for yourself if what I say is true. In the last two weeks I have purchased a fridge/freezer, three camp chairs, a kettle and some miscellaneous items totaling over $1300 and will be shopping there again very soon.

Shayne

Hi Shayne, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with this great review and helping get the word out about what we do & why we're worth the visit. Thank you also for shopping with us! I'm glad we could help you gear up! I'll be sharing this with the Townsville team and I know they'll be very pleased to read such great feedback. Looking forward to hearing about how your new gear performs when you are able to test it on your next holiday! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

BUYER BEWARE

SO BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE
I bought a shade, they had no display of so my only option was to open it and see what it was like. Absolutely "not" what i wanted so when I went to return it, in new condition in its packing a couple of days later,they wouldn't refund my money, this is there policy because it was opened
SO BEWARE. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP THAT HAS A BETTER RETURN POLICY. I don't think I would shop there again!!!!!

Hi Woody, thank you for your feedback on our returns policy. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with it. To explain we're unable to accept opened returns because our customers have an expectation of buying unused, unopened brand new goods when they shop from us. In the past, when we have accepted opened goods - we have also experienced negative feedback from customers who've found traces of someone else trialing the goods. So it's not possible to win at both ends. We try our best to provide all the information necessary by way of product descriptions, pictures etc to make a decision when buying our equipment. Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to display everything in-store due to the vast ranges available. We do also make sales people available to help with any questions you may have. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Worst customer service!

If I could rate a negative star review I would. I went to the Tweed Heads store to look at a product I saw online, to see if it suited my needs. They didn't have it in stock but I was advised that it was in their warehouse. I ordered the product and paid, as instructed, by the sales person. When it arrived I collected the same and found it wasn't suitable. I returned to the store to find something better suited. A young fella helped me to find the right product but when it came to exchanging the products I was told I couldn't return my first order as it was a SPECIAL order. I'm a pensioner and I really couldn't afford both products but they wouldn't budge! They even sell Darche products in-store, so the return wouldn't have been out of place. Terrible company and shocking service. Unbelievably disappointed!

Hi Mark, sorry to hear you're not satisfied with our Special Order Policy. If you think that we've not assessed your situation correctly, or wish to add more detail for us to consider - please email feedback@tentworld.com.au with an in depth description of what's happened & the time line, invoice number etc so that our customer service team can investigate & if possible try resolve. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Outstanding, saved my first solo bikepacking trip

Was struggling to find the right equipment for my trip across Europe and chanced tent world. Was taken away by the great customer service from Fiona and her personal expertise in the camping game, knowledge that you cant buy online. Any starting off bikepackers or overlanders who cant work out their set up for the job, 100% come and see these guys to get you on your way, excellent.

Thanks for your great review James! Glad we could help you get geared up! Enjoy your travels!

Horrible customer service, refused return, tried to gaslight me, had to go directly through manufact

Purchased a 12v fan from these guys. Tried it on 3 different battery sources including one in their own store and it kept cutting out. Guy named luke comes out and brings a 14v 300 dollar battery pack and it starts working, then tells me it's my fault. Now I have to submit a claim to get my money back. Rude place run by poor management that does not take responsibility for their products.

Follow up: I spoke to the manufacturer and they have acknowledged that in future models of this fan, they have removed the cutoff feature as it appeared to be problematic despite the fan, overall, being okay for most people. This means that they would have certainly acknowledged the return and warranty, and are sending me a replacement with the new model. This is further evidence that you, Tentworld, the retailer, have absolutely failed to provide the service you are supposed to, and I am glad I have shared this experience publicly so that other people know to shop elsewhere, like Snowys.com.au

Hi Rob, Thanks for your review & for your feedback. There was no attempts at gaslighting you, only trying to assist you with using your products. Not everything is designed to work with one another, and I was trying to assist you with that. Over my career in the outdoor industry I have collected some useful information along the way that I was trying to share with you. Sorry if you felt that was gaslighting, I was only trying to assist. As you mentioned, in-store we were unable to fault the product, and unable to accept this as a faulty return. We were also unable to accept it as change of mind return, given you'd bought it in February, and are now contacting us in October. I am pleased you were able to achieve the resolution you were looking for by contacting Outdoor Connection directly. As you've heard, your fan was not faulty - as was the case when we tested it in the store. We were simply doing out duty in testing it and ensuring it met manufacturer specifications - which it does. It is great news to me that Outdoor Connection have removed the low voltage cutout, as certainly we would have prefered to not have this disagreement with you. The problem we encountered is that your Suaoki S270 Battery Box is built with Lithium batteries, and uses a power regulator to control the voltage through its DC plugs. We have seen this cause problems with other devices designed for Lead Acid & AGM batteries. This is only a new problem of the last 6-12 months as larger lithium batteries have come more affordable, and commonly purchased. Prior to this, everyone was using AGM & Lead Acid batteries, and this voltage protection feature is great for those applications & in protecting your investment. So it's great to see Outdoor Connection taking positive steps towards keeping up with consumer trends and also by assisting us in providing our customers with excellent service. They have gone beyond what we're authorised to do in-store on their behalf, which is replace/repair/refund fault products. As mentioned, we couldnt fault, so we couldnt do anything. Sorry you were not happy with the outcome we were able to provide. I am pleased you achieved your desired outcome by reaching the supplier direct this is why we choose excellent suppliers like Outdoor Connection - as they're professionals in product development. I hope you enjoy many cool nights under your Outdoor Connection Breezeway Fan. Happy Camping & Kind Regards, Jon Tentworld

exactly what we wanted (sleeping bags)

I would like to congratulate Tent world Townsville for there excellent service.
We were looking for two sleeping bags and Erin (Sales Person) could not do enough to help us.
We had been to other will known stores and were not treated well.
Once again thank you Erin for the excellent and friendly service.

Mike.

Thanks very much for your great review Mike, I will be passing this feedback straight back to the Tentworld Townsville team and especially Erin. I know she'll be very pleased to read your words of thanks, it's very nice to receive feedback like this and is a real boost to the team. Thank you very much. I hope you put your new sleeping bags to good use soon! Kind Regards, Jon ~ Tentworld team.

Excellent service

The guys at Tentworld Burleigh went over and above in terms of customer service to ensure that I had the right replacement part for our Coleman Tent. Thanks so much for caring more about us and our imminent camping trip rather than a “sale”. Big thumbs up from me

:D Thanks Tanya! I'll be passing this review straight onto the Burleigh Heads team, I know they'll get a real boost from reading this one. We try very hard to provide the best service we can, and help people enjoy their camping trips. It doesnt always mean selling more gear, but providing great advice & service too. Enjoy your upcoming camping trip! Cheers, Tentworld team.

Fast, well priced and good variety

I purchased my Engel fridge from Tent World and it arrived really quickly as expected. The whole process was very easy.

Glad you got your new Engel quick & safely Zhivan! I hope you use it soon! Kind Regards, Tentworld team

Awesome service.

Extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Very comprehensive range. I have purchased everything from a fridge to a gazebo and swag with lots of smaller or even just a comparison visits. Each time is worthwhile.

Thanks for your great review Doc Evil! Great to hear you appreciate what we do. Happy Camping! ~ Cheers Tentworld team.

Tentworld midland , fantastic and friendly service. Really know there stuff with great advise. Thanks Deanne for your friendly service today

Thanks for your great review Elise! I have already passed this onto the Midland team for them to read & enjoy. I am sure that Deanne will be very pleased to read that you enjoyed her assistance so much. Thanks again, hope to see you soon. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.