Tentworld (page 2 of 35)

Online store, Physical store
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tentworld

Kerri StruthWestern District, VIC

Never use Tentworld

Purchased a Coleman gold series 10 person tent from Tentworld. We are on an 8 week holiday, we previously to buying contacted there store in Ferntree Gully and they recommended this tent for our purpose. The fly ripped at the top of the tent after 4 weeks. Contacted Tentworld and they will not honour warranty as they said the tent is not a permanent structure and should not be used for 4 weeks continuously even though this is the tent they recommended for this purpose. Totally dissatisfied with Tentworld and will never recommend or buy from them again

They Use a Courier that Doesn't Deliver

Tentworld uses a courier that doesn't deliver. The Courier just leaves a card even if you're at home waiting, then dumps the goods at a shop about a km away. Tentworld demanded I should waste my time picking it up, refused to correct the failed delivery. It's been returned to them and I'm still waiting on a refund. They have advised they'll charge me for the delivery that didn't happen. Purchase goods from companies that don't use Courier Please.

feraltek

None of this explanation has delivered the goods. I've taken it up with PayPal because all mesages from Tentworld gave zero satisfaction. I suggest you look on these review pages at the complaints with your chosen courier company.

Liz
LizRichmond-Tweed, NSW

EVAKOOL fridge

Had my EVAKOOL fridge less than 6 months
Have problem with cable
Tent world tweed heads dont want to know about it and made me take to repairer.
Not happy.

Store LocationTweed heads nsw

tony smithGold Coast

Unable to honour warranty

Purchased an $1800 tent from these guys and gave them 2 opportunities to fix the issues, in the end they blamed supplier and suppliers blamed them and we ended up with a leaky tent and an explanation that broken zippers and faulty stitching is general wear and tear.
The tent was used maximum of 6 times!
Any reputable business would never leave their clients losing out because if their issues with the supplier.

Sue
SueKimberley, WA

poor service

Purchased an Oztrail Collapsible bin. Bin had faults after first use. Emailed Tentworld. I was told bin must be destroyed and photo's emailed to them and then a refund would be issued. There was no offer to replace the bin. No waiting on refund...

wyrmbait
wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Burliegh Store

I know each store is different, and faulty products can be frustrating to deal with both the customer and the store.
My experience is only with staff in the store, it has been very positive. Each time i was there plenty of staff, always offered help when walking in store. They offered extra help and when i asked for help using an item just purchased more than happy to help with simple request.

I prefer to go here that big branded stores, lots of products and friendly service for the Burleigh store.

Remember people are more inclined to leave a bad review than a good one. But if you have bad experience you should let people know.

Happy camper
Happy camperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Brought a swag on the weekend from Tentworld Ipswich and when unpacking, one of the spreader poles was slightly dented preventing it from extending properly. Took it back to the Ipswich store next day and they replaced the faulty pole straight away with another one. I was extremely worried I was going to have to wait or receive poor customer service from reading the reviews on here. So was very impressed and appreciative with the Ipswich Tentworld staffs help. I have brought numerous supplies over the years from Tentworld they have a great range and quality camping gear. Thanks for always providing a great experience.

Doug & Sonja D.South East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed with Dometic

We bought a Dometic Porta Potti from Tentworld.
We filled the top up with water and it was leaking.
Took it to Tentworld and were told that we had to take it up with Dometic.
Not impressed.
We took it to the Dometic Service Center and they told us that they have no idea how long it would take.
We have been waiting two weeks and we have only now received a replacement water tank, and it looks old and second hand with all the marks on it, dust in the joints and water around the cap.
Very disappointed with Dometic's so-called after sales service.

Faulty Product & Terrible Customer Service

I received a faulty tent after purchasing online. TentWorld customer service team have advised that it is “unlucky” to have received a faulty item and will not exchange or refund on the item, they will only process a warranty repair. The product is new and unused and arrived faulty - somehow this is my fault and considered “unlucky” to receive a faulty item. Totally unacceptable customer service.

nickluu73
nickluu73AU

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

disgusting & underhanded customer service

I called your Coopers Plains store to ask for your best price on a Joolca hot water system. The guys reply was to come to the store if serious to discuss hes best price. We drove 45 mins to the store to be told they don't do any discount pricing on Joolca. The attitude was very snide & condescending when we explained what we had been told over the phone. We have used Tentworld a lot over the years but wont be going back any time soon. As fortune would have it Joocla was doing a 10% off on e-bay so we took up this offer. Karma perhaps? If any one is chasing Joolca check e-bay first.

BeeJ
BeeJ

These guys go way beyond the ordinary!

In our 60's, I have been able to talk my husband into going camping again! The guys at Tent World were really helpful and understanding of our need for the odd bit of comfort. They went beyond what you would expect from great sales staff in helping us put together what we needed.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

So glad to hear we helped you and your husband get into camping again BeeJ! Thank you very much for your great review it's most appreciated & I know the team will love reading this one. Happy Camping! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

rob peatey
rob peateyNorth Queensland, QLD

purchase oztrail fast frame dusk tent and coleman all terrain queen inflatable matress.

great staff at Townsville. helen was very helpful with info about tent and mattress. will be back again to check out other gear. store set out is great with plenty of room to move.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review Rob! I'll be passing on for Helen to enjoy reading too. Thank you & looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Queenie
QueenieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great store and helpful staff

The staff are so helpful. I had a lady,Kat(?sp?) and she knew exactly her stuff!!! The store is laid out in a logical manner and not all squeezed into a small space

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you Queenie! Enjoy your new camping gear!

Kevin
KevinBoambee East

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Michael G

I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

MartyHunter Region, NSW

I ordered a tent online from Tent World and was very surprised how quick it was delivered. Only 3 business days. It was missing tent poles for the awnings however when I contacted them they had arranged a replacement pole set within 10 mins of me contacting them. I would highly recommend tent world as the service is great and nothing is a problem.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you for the great review Marty ! I hope you are able to go camping soon & put your new tent to good use! Kind Regards Tentworld team.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Great to hear Marty! Thanks for the trip report! Setting up in the dark is always a challenge, glad you got it all done with ease! Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Roundy C
Roundy CMid North Coast, NSW

Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent

Purchased tent 'Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent'. First outing weather was windy and major centre support poles snapped. Tentworld would not refund. Wouldn't recommend tent or company.

Drew G
Drew GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Recently ordered Blackwolf Turbo 450 Cabin. It arrived with a small whole in the fly. I emailed a photo and after two days the team let me know that they had worked with Blackwolf to organise a replacement fly to be couriered straight to our house.

On one hand you might read this and say well that's exactly what we would expect as a consumer. Though so many times at other online stores i have been disappointed and ended up arguing the toss about how the damage occurred, can i send back the original item first, who pays for shipping etc...... I was pleasantly surprised!

Thankyou Tentworld, you have a loyal customer

cheers
Drew

Great product, excellent service

Ordered a Coleman Queen Size Double High with built in pump on 13.03.19, great product, inflated easily, comfortable and stays up with the odd top up required every couple of days which the manufactured states. Fantastic customer service and in particular a big shout out to Helen in Townsville who managed to sort out my purchase over the phone and went out of her way to get it delivered on time so I didn't have to sleep on the floor. I cant speak highly enough about Team Townsville ;-)

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Glad to hear you're loving your new Coleman bed Dave! Thank you very much for your review it's most appreciated. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Steve
SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with suppliers but Tentworld go the extra mile to resolve

Tam T
Tam TBrisbane

Tentworld Online Courier Service Is a Let Down

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Today 2/01/2019 I bought a Yamaha Generator and I found the staff at Tent world Townsville very helpfull and were reasonably priced

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you for the great review Joe, and for your support it's very much appreciated. Enjoy your new Yamaha generator! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Dup
DupMandurah WA

ON-line buying

I tried to buy almost $200 worth of camping gear , and on the website it says anything over $89 free shipment. Because i stay in WA , i can not get the free shipment , even though they have a shop in Midland. I would rather support another camping store. Good buy Tent world!!!!

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives