Tentworld (page 2 of 43)

Online store, Physical store

nickluu73

nickluu73AU

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

Store LocationCoopers Plains
Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

disgusting & underhanded customer service

I called your Coopers Plains store to ask for your best price on a Joolca hot water system. The guys reply was to come to the store if serious to discuss hes best price. We drove 45 mins to the store to be told they don't do any discount pricing on Joolca. The attitude was very snide & condescending when we explained what we had been told over the phone. We have used Tentworld a lot over the years but wont be going back any time soon. As fortune would have it Joocla was doing a 10% off on e-bay so we took up this offer. Karma perhaps? If any one is chasing Joolca check e-bay first.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
BeeJ

BeeJ

These guys go way beyond the ordinary!

In our 60's, I have been able to talk my husband into going camping again! The guys at Tent World were really helpful and understanding of our need for the odd bit of comfort. They went beyond what you would expect from great sales staff in helping us put together what we needed.

Store LocationFishwyck, ACT
Tentworld T.Tentworld

So glad to hear we helped you and your husband get into camping again BeeJ! Thank you very much for your great review it's most appreciated & I know the team will love reading this one. Happy Camping! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

rob peatey

rob peateyNorth Queensland, QLD

purchase oztrail fast frame dusk tent and coleman all terrain queen inflatable matress.

great staff at Townsville. helen was very helpful with info about tent and mattress. will be back again to check out other gear. store set out is great with plenty of room to move.

Store Locationtownsville
Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review Rob! I'll be passing on for Helen to enjoy reading too. Thank you & looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Queenie

QueenieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great store and helpful staff

The staff are so helpful. I had a lady,Kat(?sp?) and she knew exactly her stuff!!! The store is laid out in a logical manner and not all squeezed into a small space

Store LocationTownsville
Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you Queenie! Enjoy your new camping gear!

Kevin

KevinBoambee East

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Michael G

I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

MartyHunter Region, NSW

I ordered a tent online from Tent World and was very surprised how quick it was delivered. Only 3 business days. It was missing tent poles for the awnings however when I contacted them they had arranged a replacement pole set within 10 mins of me contacting them. I would highly recommend tent world as the service is great and nothing is a problem.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you for the great review Marty ! I hope you are able to go camping soon & put your new tent to good use! Kind Regards Tentworld team.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Great to hear Marty! Thanks for the trip report! Setting up in the dark is always a challenge, glad you got it all done with ease! Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Roundy C

Roundy CMid North Coast, NSW

Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent

Purchased tent 'Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent'. First outing weather was windy and major centre support poles snapped. Tentworld would not refund. Wouldn't recommend tent or company.

Drew G

Drew GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Recently ordered Blackwolf Turbo 450 Cabin. It arrived with a small whole in the fly. I emailed a photo and after two days the team let me know that they had worked with Blackwolf to organise a replacement fly to be couriered straight to our house.

On one hand you might read this and say well that's exactly what we would expect as a consumer. Though so many times at other online stores i have been disappointed and ended up arguing the toss about how the damage occurred, can i send back the original item first, who pays for shipping etc...... I was pleasantly surprised!

Thankyou Tentworld, you have a loyal customer

cheers
Drew

Great product, excellent service

Ordered a Coleman Queen Size Double High with built in pump on 13.03.19, great product, inflated easily, comfortable and stays up with the odd top up required every couple of days which the manufactured states. Fantastic customer service and in particular a big shout out to Helen in Townsville who managed to sort out my purchase over the phone and went out of her way to get it delivered on time so I didn't have to sleep on the floor. I cant speak highly enough about Team Townsville ;-)

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Glad to hear you're loving your new Coleman bed Dave! Thank you very much for your review it's most appreciated. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Steve

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with suppliers but Tentworld go the extra mile to resolve

Tam T

Tam TBrisbane

Tentworld Online Courier Service Is a Let Down

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Today 2/01/2019 I bought a Yamaha Generator and I found the staff at Tent world Townsville very helpfull and were reasonably priced

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thank you for the great review Joe, and for your support it's very much appreciated. Enjoy your new Yamaha generator! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Dup

DupMandurah WA

ON-line buying

I tried to buy almost $200 worth of camping gear , and on the website it says anything over $89 free shipment. Because i stay in WA , i can not get the free shipment , even though they have a shop in Midland. I would rather support another camping store. Good buy Tent world!!!!

Shayne R

Shayne RTownsville

Best shopping experience I’ve had in a LONG time.

BUYER BEWARE

SO BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE
I bought a shade, they had no display of so my only option was to open it and see what it was like. Absolutely "not" what i wanted so when I went to return it, in new condition in its packing a couple of days later,they wouldn't refund my money, this is there policy because it was opened
SO BEWARE. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP THAT HAS A BETTER RETURN POLICY. I don't think I would shop there again!!!!!

MARCUS

MARCUSTWEED HEADS SOUTH

Worst customer service!

Great Customer Service - Black Wolf tent

I bought a Black Wolf tent through Tentworld - it was delivered very promptly. The first time I took it camping one of the fibreglass poles broke and I found a manufacturing defect in the floor of the tent that had left one of the seams with a hole in it.
On return I provided photos to Tentworld and explained the issues with the new product.
They immediately told me to return the damaged poles and tent inner and replaced them with brand new ones. They paid for the return shipping and sent the replacements within a couple of days.

Excellent customer service and great product support - thank you Tentworld for great work

Jo Fenner

Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked

Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives