Tentworld (page 2 of 8)

Online store, Physical store

Faulty Product & Terrible Customer Service

I received a faulty tent after purchasing online. TentWorld customer service team have advised that it is “unlucky” to have received a faulty item and will not exchange or refund on the item, they will only process a warranty repair. The product is new and unused and arrived faulty - somehow this is my fault and considered “unlucky” to receive a faulty item. Totally unacceptable customer service.

nickluu73

nickluu73AU

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Kevin

KevinBoambee East

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Michael G

I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

Roundy C

Roundy CMid North Coast, NSW

Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent

Purchased tent 'Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent'. First outing weather was windy and major centre support poles snapped. Tentworld would not refund. Wouldn't recommend tent or company.

Dup

DupMandurah WA

ON-line buying

I tried to buy almost $200 worth of camping gear , and on the website it says anything over $89 free shipment. Because i stay in WA , i can not get the free shipment , even though they have a shop in Midland. I would rather support another camping store. Good buy Tent world!!!!

BUYER BEWARE

SO BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE
I bought a shade, they had no display of so my only option was to open it and see what it was like. Absolutely "not" what i wanted so when I went to return it, in new condition in its packing a couple of days later,they wouldn't refund my money, this is there policy because it was opened
SO BEWARE. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP THAT HAS A BETTER RETURN POLICY. I don't think I would shop there again!!!!!

MARCUS

MARCUSTWEED HEADS SOUTH

Worst customer service!

Knewcastle

KnewcastleNewcastle

Delivered wrong item

Ordered an item. Incorrect item was delivered by courier. Was repeatedly told I had to be home 9-5 on a day for courier to pick up said item to be returned. Ridiculous to ask me to stay home for a day because of their mistake! Went back and forth like this for a while. Offered a partial refund if I kept wrong item. Asked to speak to a manager who then called me said they will forfeit incorrect item to me and refund me fully. Was very apologetic. But I still won't be getting the correct item which turns out wasn't actually in stock. So if you have a business address or somewhere you are 9-5 to receive order, otherwise bear in mind my situation.

Rob

RobPerth

Horrible customer service, refused return, tried to gaslight me, had to go directly through manufact

Yarnijoel

YarnijoelVictoria

Good service but need to step up there game

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Poor customer support and questionable regard for consumer rights

I bought a tent. Within 6 months a zip to the door failed. Tentworld refused to replace or repair the product while advising me that perhaps I could repair it myself. I suggested that they (having sold the product to me) should perhaps have a responsibility to make an effort to rectify the problem. They simply refused.

DLM
DLM
Tentworld T.Tentworld

Terrible. Worst experience I've had after having troubles with a product I brought.

I brought a waeco cf 50l for my 30th birthday. Had dramas with it straight away (within 2 weeks)
Called tentworld to tell them the problems, was given the run around noting happens until another 2 calls. Had to take it to a service agent which it has been there for 2.5 weeks apparently needs a
New control board which it dumbfounded me how a new fridge can need this. I have an upcoming trip I can't take my fridge on And I really need it. I'm so annoyed with the customer service and the whole experience.
I should have bought a engel and not from tentworld!!

HayleyK

HayleyKBrisbane

Terrible customer service and returns policy

Extremely disappointing that when I tried to return an unopened and unused product 2 days after purchasing it to be told no refunds can be given and store credit only would be provided. I do not understand why your online customers are provided with the option to return an item for a full refund but your in store customers are not provided with this same service.

OZtrail Tourer 9 Side Pole Kit

Brought this so I no longer have a pole in the middle of my canvas tent. Awesome more free space. Easy to put up, works well, happy with purchase, thanks

Customer

CustomerSydney

They suppress unfavourable reviews of their products

I'm not happy with two Darche tables I bought from Tentworld. It had one singe positive review on their website. However when I bought them they were different from description with false claims of impact resistant edges and heat resistant top.

When I submitted a review to reflect this on their website, they did not publish it, so other customers keep on getting duped.

This is not right.

Ash

AshAustralia

Slow shipping and absolutely zero communication. Stock levels inaccurate.

Placed an online order before 10am. Website advertises same-day shipping on orders placed before 10am. All items ordered were in stock. No shipping confirmation received. Followed up the next day at 1pm. Still hasn't shipped. One of the items that was in stock is actually not in stock and I'm told there's was a "warehouse counting error". As I am told this information their website is still showing the item as in stock. No explanation as to why the order didn't ship the previous day. No explanation as to why no one bothered calling or emailing about the item not in stock. Absolutely useless. Very disappointing.

BruceSydney

Unable to follow simple consumer law

We bought a screen dome tent that had a fault in one of its poles. Contacted the company within the stated time frame to request to return the item for a refund. Informed we would have to pay for the return postage (@1/3rd of the cost of the tent), even though consumer law is clear that the return postage cost is to be born by the vendor. Since informing Tentworld of this there has been no correspondence from them at all. I wouldn't purchase anything on line from this business. They are clearly only interested in the bottom line and don't care about customer service/experience.

Bruce

Pathetic customer service and products

After walking into the store looking to buy a cheap tent was talked into a much more expensive so called best quality unit to have to return it 3 times and still have faults and after asking for a store credit or refund as the product if far from the quality promised get put through weeks of dead ends to be told bad luck and be insulted by management to me and my young family. Even head office is a joke and only worried about taking every dollar you can spend and doesn't care a bit about the customer satisfaction or the quality of what they sell. Shop elsewhere!

Jo Fenner

Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked

Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives