Tentworld (page 3 of 3)

Online store, Physical store
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tentworld

Sent wrong item crap customer service

Ordered 3 weeks before xmas to make sure I had it for use over xmas they sent wrong product refused to send the correct item before they recieved the wrong item back therefore I won't have it by xmas.. Took 5 emails and 1/2 a day trying to call online customer service line before I got to speak to someone then told I could purchase another one & it would be sent now otherwise I have to wait til they feel like sending it out. Not impressed at wont buy from them again.

Too long to process/deliver single item - 23 days

When you state ships in 7-14 days, expect delivery in 7-14 days. Taking 14 days to actually get the item into the post is very poor customer service, and post took 9 days to get the item to us (and paid for postage too). It would have been quicker to order it from anywhere else in the world. Would not order anything from you in the future.

Appalling experience

Appalling experience. Order took 2 weeks to arrive. Stretcher bed (which I'd planned to use on a weekend camping trip) then turned out to be faulty. Customer service guy then tried to fob me off to the product manufacturer for warranty claim. Not sure why I should ever consider buying from tent world again.

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Terrible post sales customer service

Despite having been helpful when choosing a tent, afterwards, when issues arose, I was completely ignored. Definitely a bad experience. Would not recommend

Terrible back up service

We have spent thousands with this store. We bought more gear last long weekend and had a faulty light set straight out of the box. Not only did we have a faulty item for the whole weekend, but they refused a refund on the item, even after they tested it faulty themselves. Won't shop there again.

David Tweed
David TweedHunter Region, NSW

East set up tourer tent.

We purchased the tent over the phone by discussing with a staff member. However, the wrong tent was sent twice before we got the correct one. We have just used the tent for the first time and found it perfect for our use.

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

I sent my first an only product back an I am still waiting for its replacement

Still waiting ???!! !!!;; please get it to me as soon as possible thank you .I do not have any thing more to say please hurry

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

Oztrail privacy pop-up ensuite xl

Greg Rublee
Greg RubleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

The product description was not sufficient to determine that I needed to order TWO of this item AND an adapter kit to actually use it. After waiting for it to actually arrive, I found it did not fit even though my grill is the exact same one described for the item AND the picture of it.

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Items not in stock - false listing.

I purchased something as simple as a couple of rack straps to replace broken ones before I went away.
Stock shown as available, I paid extra for express post.
I was emailed a week later to tell me item should be available by end of week.
They thought it nice to offer a refund of 1.80 on postage and only bill me regular post fee of $7.
For an item I needed a couple of days ago, why would I opt for slow post to wait another week for it to get sent.
Joke of a service.

Tent Arrived With Holes In Insect Screen

My tent arrived with holes in one of it's screen windows. Brand new out of the package or someone else's return, I'm not sure. It arrived in the mail in an unmarked white box and this was the first time I opened it. I'll not be doing business with them again.

Troy
TroyVictoria

Total let down.

N Jackson
N JacksonHat Head

Don't Buy Via Internet!

We bought a tent, chairs, camp stove via internet from NZ. We rang the day before we arrived to see if the gear was ready to be picked up and we're told yes it was. When we arrived the gear had not been put aside and they went scampering around the shop floor trying to put it all together. The outcome was we were given a gas stove with the incorrect fitting, one of the director chairs looked like it had had some paint sprayed on the seat and the back had a metal piece which broke after sitting on it twice. Do not recommend Tweed Heads South at all, their service at attitude towards us was appalling.

David Hart
David Hartcaloundra

What service

Bought a Primus 3 burner cooker on sunshine coast in January, worked fine till went to cold Vic in March. That's where it went wrong stove kept having flare ups funny enough brother had same cooker did same thing. The Aussie Disposals where he bought his from replaced it with a different cooker no problems. I rang tentworld at Toowoomba and was told I would be able to get a refund when I return stove to Qld. When I got back to Sunshine coast in July took stove to tentworld sorry no refund it works when its warm was referred to clever [name removed] back at Toowoomba who basically said I was lying and would nothing about it. No more buying at tentworld there not nice when you have problem and they don't seem to care if a stove can burn you.

B.Milton
B.MiltonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Selling seconds and floor stock as new

Very disappointed. When my order arrived it appeared repacked. On inspection parts were missing worn and damaged. Contacted store and they fobbed me off
Never again

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives