Tentworld (page 3 of 4)

Online store, Physical store

Negelected customer

Negelected customerBrisbane

Online store is neglectful of customers

I purchased an inflatable bed from Tentworld only to have the wrong item sent. Even after sending the item back with tracking via Aus post i still have to wait weeks for them to receive it back and then send me the correct item.
I did not make the mistake and they are doing nothing to fulfil the purchase contract made to them. The only resort i have left is to contact my financial institution to try and get my money back.
Thanks for the heartache Tentworld. I will never use you again and neither will anyone i speak to be recommended to use you. At least Snowys know how to treat a customer.

Disappointing customer service

Brett

BrettWestern District, VIC

I received my item but it took a month.

I ordered a replacement tap for my water jug. Being a very small item and apparently in stock, i thought it would only take a few days to arrive, but it took over a month.

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Refund policy a bit tough

The article I purcahsed was under-powered for my needs. This wasn't considered a satisfactory basis for a refund, because as I had to open the packaging to test it and this voided Tentworld's refund policy, so I guess I'm dissappointed..

Puddy

PuddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Visited store on a Sunday. No other customers in store at the time. Four staff at the counter yet I walked around for at least 25 minutes before getting any assistance. I had to almost tackle an assistant to get any help.

These guys don't offer any refunds like most stores - only store credit. This condition isn't displayed in store, listed on the invoice or provided to the client at point of sale.

I will take my business elsewhere.

Strong cigarette smell and very rude staff

Could smell cigarette smoke through the whole shop, it was disgusting. The Lady helping my husband went to double check with someone to make sure she was selling us the right gas fitting, the younger man she asked let out a big sigh and then snapped at her it's not that bloody hard yes that's the right one. Very unprofessional to publicly humiliate someone I felt embarrassed for her. The Lady also helped find my son's toy which he put down on a shelf. We will not be shopping at the Burleigh Heads shop again.

2 faulty items

Purchased a fridge and was referred to another area and received no contact. Eventually threatened under consumer law if a product is faulty they must provide a full refund for a faulty product. Was eventually repaired. Purchased solar panels. Lied to when messaged to see where they were. Finally got delivered after 700 spent and surprise never worked. Rang got told to email warranty details was advised after 5 days wouls send to someone never heard back after 2 weeks. Rang again and get an extremely rude email advising that if no fault we would pay. Good luck as consumer affairs has now been contacted.

John

No Customer Service & No Warranty

jasper147

jasper147Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Charging cable was missing from a battery pack I purchased. Have telephoned them 5 times and after promising to have the manager telephone me after my last call, it never happened. They don't want to know about it if you have a problem. Might be okay if you receive everything you pay for. Very poor in my view.

Tentworld don't want to know you if you have a problem with a product they sell

Bought an Everdure neo BBQ. hot plate poor design. Didn't work. Food slide into oil trap. Tentworld wouldn't replace it with a plate that would work. Wanted me to do all the running around. Said I could look on eBay or call Everdure direct. Only had the bbq for 3 months, used twice.
They never resolved my problem. The guy said happily to sell you more stuff...But wouldn't fix the problem. Sums Tentworld up happy to take your money but not work to get a happy customer. They must not be looking to get repeat customers.

YING CHEN

YING CHENMelbourne

Very slow shipping!

I received goods more than a week after ordering, Need to keep chasing and calling for a few times. And, it comes with two parcels in different date.

Awning tent

I thought it come with the legs and roof top to and thay left it on front door some one could of took it

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

Sent wrong item crap customer service

Ordered 3 weeks before xmas to make sure I had it for use over xmas they sent wrong product refused to send the correct item before they recieved the wrong item back therefore I won't have it by xmas.. Took 5 emails and 1/2 a day trying to call online customer service line before I got to speak to someone then told I could purchase another one & it would be sent now otherwise I have to wait til they feel like sending it out. Not impressed at wont buy from them again.

Too long to process/deliver single item - 23 days

When you state ships in 7-14 days, expect delivery in 7-14 days. Taking 14 days to actually get the item into the post is very poor customer service, and post took 9 days to get the item to us (and paid for postage too). It would have been quicker to order it from anywhere else in the world. Would not order anything from you in the future.

Appalling experience

Appalling experience. Order took 2 weeks to arrive. Stretcher bed (which I'd planned to use on a weekend camping trip) then turned out to be faulty. Customer service guy then tried to fob me off to the product manufacturer for warranty claim. Not sure why I should ever consider buying from tent world again.

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

Terrible post sales customer service

Despite having been helpful when choosing a tent, afterwards, when issues arose, I was completely ignored. Definitely a bad experience. Would not recommend

Terrible back up service

We have spent thousands with this store. We bought more gear last long weekend and had a faulty light set straight out of the box. Not only did we have a faulty item for the whole weekend, but they refused a refund on the item, even after they tested it faulty themselves. Won't shop there again.

David Tweed

David TweedHunter Region, NSW

East set up tourer tent.

We purchased the tent over the phone by discussing with a staff member. However, the wrong tent was sent twice before we got the correct one. We have just used the tent for the first time and found it perfect for our use.

Kerr Davi

Kerr DaviCranbourne

Could have got cheaper

items are all of good quality and delivery by Tentworld was reasonable but they say they price match but when I gave them proof of them charging higher prices they would not match the price I still purchased only because of type of payment I used and had to pay about $60 dollars more.

Jo Fenner

Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked

Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives