Tentworld (page 3 of 8)

Online store, Physical store

Bob D

Bob DBrisbane

Terrible Customer Service

3:30 on a Sunday afternoon, Windsor store. Late I know but, a willing customer I was. Went in to buy a tent and accessories. 3 ppl on staff, didn't see any other customers. We were left alone downstairs browsing. Only saw one customer and staff come down together in that time. Eventually, someone comes down and asks us if we need anything. I replied I would like to be sold some camping equipment and have some questions.I was curtly told I best know what I'm after as in two minutes time the staff don't get paid anymore.I know it was late on a Sunday but it was pretty damn rude. The fact that they ignored us for the time, didn't seem busy, no offer to help and were curt at the end simply makes me want to spend my money somewhere else.

Negelected customer

Negelected customerBrisbane

Online store is neglectful of customers

I purchased an inflatable bed from Tentworld only to have the wrong item sent. Even after sending the item back with tracking via Aus post i still have to wait weeks for them to receive it back and then send me the correct item.
I did not make the mistake and they are doing nothing to fulfil the purchase contract made to them. The only resort i have left is to contact my financial institution to try and get my money back.
Thanks for the heartache Tentworld. I will never use you again and neither will anyone i speak to be recommended to use you. At least Snowys know how to treat a customer.

Disappointing customer service

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Exactly what we needed for our future trips

I wasn't sure that these sleeping bags would be any good because they appeared too cheap, but they've worked out great and have kept us toasty warm even in -3 temps under the tent. The delivery was fast and packaged well.

Errold

ErroldSouth East Queensland, QLD

My Preferred Camping Gear Source

I compare prices before buying camping gear and nearly always come back to Tentworld. It has consistently cheaper prices on the gear I'm after and generally carries the brands I want too. I usually drop into the store for hands-on inspection and come away with the chosen article, but for this purchase the local store had none in stock so I ordered online. It was delivered within 3 business days.

Review collected in partnership with Tentworld

Great tent and great service and delivery time

Great service and delivery timeframe. Very pleased and surprised it was delivered so quickly. Would like to thank this company

Great

I was very impressed with the wide selection of items that tentworld stock. I would definitely order off tentworld again.

Family camping

Good service, good products, good after sale services and easy to use website. Very competitive prices and free shipping to anywhere in Australia.

Great little Heater

The only criticism is the delay due to item being out of stock. The price was excellent and worth the wait, overall good service and product. Thank you.

James B

James B

Great fridge

Great fridge, well packed.

Only minor criticism, is the 1-2 day delay for it to ship. Took a week to get to Melbourne.

12v fan for camping should be good

Had to wait on back order. Consequently the fan did not arrive until winter!!! Will be using it once summer arrives.

Tentworld service

Good fast efficient service. The person who took the order knew exactly what to do and the goods were dispatched with a minimum of fuss.

Service great

I ordered clips for our tent poles, as described even better and arrived promptly thanks. Will buy from this company again

Convenient

Easy to buy with.Quick despatch.Great product.Received without fuss.great variety of good quality products.Will use again for camping needs.good postage cost

Nice place to shop

Would be good to have shops in Sydney. It would help so much to compare products in the store rather than online

Good product

Have used these before and they work just fine. No issues with quality at all. Shop seems to stock quality items

Puddy

PuddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Visited store on a Sunday. No other customers in store at the time. Four staff at the counter yet I walked around for at least 25 minutes before getting any assistance. I had to almost tackle an assistant to get any help.

These guys don't offer any refunds like most stores - only store credit. This condition isn't displayed in store, listed on the invoice or provided to the client at point of sale.

I will take my business elsewhere.

Youssef

Not much of customer care experience

Youssef

I would like to add that I sent an email to TentWorld complaining about the manager (as he was not saying the truth), but I did not get any replies.

Strong cigarette smell and very rude staff

Could smell cigarette smoke through the whole shop, it was disgusting. The Lady helping my husband went to double check with someone to make sure she was selling us the right gas fitting, the younger man she asked let out a big sigh and then snapped at her it's not that bloody hard yes that's the right one. Very unprofessional to publicly humiliate someone I felt embarrassed for her. The Lady also helped find my son's toy which he put down on a shelf. We will not be shopping at the Burleigh Heads shop again.

2 faulty items

Purchased a fridge and was referred to another area and received no contact. Eventually threatened under consumer law if a product is faulty they must provide a full refund for a faulty product. Was eventually repaired. Purchased solar panels. Lied to when messaged to see where they were. Finally got delivered after 700 spent and surprise never worked. Rang got told to email warranty details was advised after 5 days wouls send to someone never heard back after 2 weeks. Rang again and get an extremely rude email advising that if no fault we would pay. Good luck as consumer affairs has now been contacted.

Jo Fenner

Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked

Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives