Tentworld (page 4 of 44)

Online store, Physical store

HayleyK

HayleyKBrisbane

Terrible customer service and returns policy

Extremely disappointing that when I tried to return an unopened and unused product 2 days after purchasing it to be told no refunds can be given and store credit only would be provided. I do not understand why your online customers are provided with the option to return an item for a full refund but your in store customers are not provided with this same service.

OZtrail Tourer 9 Side Pole Kit

Brought this so I no longer have a pole in the middle of my canvas tent. Awesome more free space. Easy to put up, works well, happy with purchase, thanks

Customer

CustomerSydney

They suppress unfavourable reviews of their products

I'm not happy with two Darche tables I bought from Tentworld. It had one singe positive review on their website. However when I bought them they were different from description with false claims of impact resistant edges and heat resistant top.

When I submitted a review to reflect this on their website, they did not publish it, so other customers keep on getting duped.

This is not right.

Lucy

LucyCanberra

Bad returns policy

Bronson

BronsonMelbourne

Excellent customer service.

I recently made a claim on the Coleman HWOD through Tentworld. They were straight onto it, asking for photos & a description of the fault. After contacting Coleman, they got back to me & shipped the replacement parts immediately. Fabulous service, all fixed in less than two weeks. Thanks Tentworld!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks Bronson! Sorry you had a problem with your HWOD but so glad we could sort it easily & quickly for you. Thanks very much for your review. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Customer service like the good ol' days

Dropped into Warana store to pick up a hydration pack to use for a mountain climb a few Sundays ago. Wanted black in colour, nothing to fancy and between 2L and 3L. Shop assistant understood loud and clear. CamelBak Classic was the winner. Next stop... Big Hill, Queenstown, NZ.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for the great review Brodie! Glad the team at Warana could help you out and ensure you stay hydrated on your hike! Wishing you the best for your big climb, at Big Hill NZ! Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Justin R

Justin RToowoomba

Fantastic customer service and great products

I've shopped at Tentworld several times now and the result is always the same, great products at a good price and very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I arrived late Friday afternoon and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. After browsing for a short time the staff were very quick to offer their assistance which was greatly appreciated, letting me know the options available. The new chair I bought has already been used a couple of times and is very comfortable and easy to carry, perfect for festivals/music events as the name suggests.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Cheers, thanks for the great review Justin! Really glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope you put your new chair to good use. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Ash

AshAustralia

Slow shipping and absolutely zero communication. Stock levels inaccurate.

Placed an online order before 10am. Website advertises same-day shipping on orders placed before 10am. All items ordered were in stock. No shipping confirmation received. Followed up the next day at 1pm. Still hasn't shipped. One of the items that was in stock is actually not in stock and I'm told there's was a "warehouse counting error". As I am told this information their website is still showing the item as in stock. No explanation as to why the order didn't ship the previous day. No explanation as to why no one bothered calling or emailing about the item not in stock. Absolutely useless. Very disappointing.

BruceSydney

Unable to follow simple consumer law

We bought a screen dome tent that had a fault in one of its poles. Contacted the company within the stated time frame to request to return the item for a refund. Informed we would have to pay for the return postage (@1/3rd of the cost of the tent), even though consumer law is clear that the return postage cost is to be born by the vendor. Since informing Tentworld of this there has been no correspondence from them at all. I wouldn't purchase anything on line from this business. They are clearly only interested in the bottom line and don't care about customer service/experience.

Kathy M

Kathy MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

I have been into Tentworld @ Prospect in SA several times now. Nothing seems too much trouble for the people there. Brendon and Shaun even set a tent up for me to see before buying. They made the setup look easier than it was for my partner (as a gift). Gave me great advice on the right hiking style tent for my partner before showing me the Black Wolf Grasshopper 3 I ended up buying. I will build up my cache of camping stuff now over time......

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for the great review Kathy! Hope you put your new camping gear to good use soon! Cheers, Tentworld team.

Claire18

Claire18SYDNEY

Great service from Tentworld Brendale!

We just purchased a tent from Nathan and the team at Brendale Tentworld. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received. Nathan seemed very knowledgeable on the products and listened to our needs as a young family starting out in camping. At no time did we feel there was a hard sell just a genuine interest in helping us find what we were after. Thanks for all the help we will be back!

Tina

TinaBurpengary East

Awesome service

Thankyou Nathan and the team at Brendale for your excellent service. Honest information and great value for money. We went to buy a tent and was looking to buy top of the range. We had done a fair bit of research. The information and assistance we received from Nathan was invaluable and we ended up purchasing a fabulous tent and not top of the range. Very happy

Excellent customer service

I purchased a Zempire TM lite tent from Brendon. After setting it up it was too small. Shaun replaced it with a TL with no issues.
The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly.

Pathetic customer service and products

After walking into the store looking to buy a cheap tent was talked into a much more expensive so called best quality unit to have to return it 3 times and still have faults and after asking for a store credit or refund as the product if far from the quality promised get put through weeks of dead ends to be told bad luck and be insulted by management to me and my young family. Even head office is a joke and only worried about taking every dollar you can spend and doesn't care a bit about the customer satisfaction or the quality of what they sell. Shop elsewhere!

Great Service always from Tweed Heads Tentworld

The Tweed Heads staff are amazing and very helpful, they are always willing to go the extra mile and know their products. My son needed his gazebo repaired and the staff their sourced the parts for him within 5 working days, as it's close to Christmas and many companies are closing they were still able to deliver the goods. I thoroughly recommend Tentworld Tweed Heads for all your camping and outdoor needs. Thank you

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for this great review Marg! I will pass this onto the Tweed team and I know they'll all get a great boost from this feedback. I hope your son enjoys his repaired gazebo! Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Kit Fisto

Kit FistoCanberra

Very satisfied.

Bought an Oztrail swag off them which was half the price of any of the competitors in Canberra. On top of this it only took 2 days to be delivered even over the Christmas period. Very happy.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your review Kit! Glad we could impress. Good news for you too, last month we opened in Fyshwick - Canberra. Same prices as online, but you can drop in and browse too! You should check us out! I think you'll like it ! :D

I purchased a Oztent RV4 from Sean at tentworld Prospect SA after getting the tent home and setting it up in my garage I realised that it was not going to be big enough for my needs .I rang Sean to see if I would be able to return the tent and upgrade to the RV5 , Sean agreed to swap it out with no fuss .more than happy with the tent and customer service .

Great Day Looking for camping gear.

Went to a couple of shops but next time won't bother because Tentworld had everything we needed. The staff at the Fyshwick store were friendly and very helpful, the prices were cheaper than anywhere else.

Bob D

Bob DBrisbane

Terrible Customer Service

3:30 on a Sunday afternoon, Windsor store. Late I know but, a willing customer I was. Went in to buy a tent and accessories. 3 ppl on staff, didn't see any other customers. We were left alone downstairs browsing. Only saw one customer and staff come down together in that time. Eventually, someone comes down and asks us if we need anything. I replied I would like to be sold some camping equipment and have some questions.I was curtly told I best know what I'm after as in two minutes time the staff don't get paid anymore.I know it was late on a Sunday but it was pretty damn rude. The fact that they ignored us for the time, didn't seem busy, no offer to help and were curt at the end simply makes me want to spend my money somewhere else.

Lachlan P

Lachlan PToowoomba

great service one very happy customer

Thank you Tentworld for the friendly knowledgeable staff, who have helped make our family adventures comfortable and fun. My wife loves the ensuite shower tent (ps, so do i) and for the great stock of camping paraphernalia which keeps our old camper trailer ready for adventure ;-)

Jo Fenner

Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked

Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives