Tentworld (page 3 of 35)

Online store, Physical store
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tentworld

BUYER BEWARE

SO BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE
I bought a shade, they had no display of so my only option was to open it and see what it was like. Absolutely "not" what i wanted so when I went to return it, in new condition in its packing a couple of days later,they wouldn't refund my money, this is there policy because it was opened
SO BEWARE. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP THAT HAS A BETTER RETURN POLICY. I don't think I would shop there again!!!!!

MARCUS
MARCUSTWEED HEADS SOUTH

Worst customer service!

Great Customer Service - Black Wolf tent

I bought a Black Wolf tent through Tentworld - it was delivered very promptly. The first time I took it camping one of the fibreglass poles broke and I found a manufacturing defect in the floor of the tent that had left one of the seams with a hole in it.
On return I provided photos to Tentworld and explained the issues with the new product.
They immediately told me to return the damaged poles and tent inner and replaced them with brand new ones. They paid for the return shipping and sent the replacements within a couple of days.

Excellent customer service and great product support - thank you Tentworld for great work

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Outstanding, saved my first solo bikepacking trip

Was struggling to find the right equipment for my trip across Europe and chanced tent world. Was taken away by the great customer service from Fiona and her personal expertise in the camping game, knowledge that you cant buy online. Any starting off bikepackers or overlanders who cant work out their set up for the job, 100% come and see these guys to get you on your way, excellent.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review James! Glad we could help you get geared up! Enjoy your travels!

Mojave
MojaveSydney

great work great price

Fantastic response to orders, like seriously unexpectedly fast delivery. Great prices on most products ( hey I still shop around), great specials cannot recommend these guys enough, and I never bother reviewing anything online but I got exactly what I ordered in 3 days!!

Rob
RobPerth

Horrible customer service, refused return, tried to gaslight me, had to go directly through manufact

Joy. McC
Joy. McCNorth Queensland, QLD

exactly what we wanted (sleeping bags)

I would like to congratulate Tent world Townsville for there excellent service.
We were looking for two sleeping bags and Erin (Sales Person) could not do enough to help us.
We had been to other will known stores and were not treated well.
Once again thank you Erin for the excellent and friendly service.

Mike.

Tanya
Tanya

Excellent service

The guys at Tentworld Burleigh went over and above in terms of customer service to ensure that I had the right replacement part for our Coleman Tent. Thanks so much for caring more about us and our imminent camping trip rather than a “sale”. Big thumbs up from me

Zhivan
ZhivanSydney

Fast, well priced and good variety

I purchased my Engel fridge from Tent World and it arrived really quickly as expected. The whole process was very easy.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Glad you got your new Engel quick & safely Zhivan! I hope you use it soon! Kind Regards, Tentworld team

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Poor customer support and questionable regard for consumer rights

I bought a tent. Within 6 months a zip to the door failed. Tentworld refused to replace or repair the product while advising me that perhaps I could repair it myself. I suggested that they (having sold the product to me) should perhaps have a responsibility to make an effort to rectify the problem. They simply refused.

DLM
DLM

Awesome service.

Extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Very comprehensive range. I have purchased everything from a fridge to a gazebo and swag with lots of smaller or even just a comparison visits. Each time is worthwhile.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review Doc Evil! Great to hear you appreciate what we do. Happy Camping! ~ Cheers Tentworld team.

Tentworld midland , fantastic and friendly service. Really know there stuff with great advise. Thanks Deanne for your friendly service today

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Terrible. Worst experience I've had after having troubles with a product I brought.

I brought a waeco cf 50l for my 30th birthday. Had dramas with it straight away (within 2 weeks)
Called tentworld to tell them the problems, was given the run around noting happens until another 2 calls. Had to take it to a service agent which it has been there for 2.5 weeks apparently needs a
New control board which it dumbfounded me how a new fridge can need this. I have an upcoming trip I can't take my fridge on And I really need it. I'm so annoyed with the customer service and the whole experience.
I should have bought a engel and not from tentworld!!

HayleyK
HayleyKBrisbane

Terrible customer service and returns policy

Extremely disappointing that when I tried to return an unopened and unused product 2 days after purchasing it to be told no refunds can be given and store credit only would be provided. I do not understand why your online customers are provided with the option to return an item for a full refund but your in store customers are not provided with this same service.

OZtrail Tourer 9 Side Pole Kit

Brought this so I no longer have a pole in the middle of my canvas tent. Awesome more free space. Easy to put up, works well, happy with purchase, thanks

Lucy
LucyCanberra

Bad returns policy

Bronson
BronsonMelbourne

Excellent customer service.

I recently made a claim on the Coleman HWOD through Tentworld. They were straight onto it, asking for photos & a description of the fault. After contacting Coleman, they got back to me & shipped the replacement parts immediately. Fabulous service, all fixed in less than two weeks. Thanks Tentworld!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks Bronson! Sorry you had a problem with your HWOD but so glad we could sort it easily & quickly for you. Thanks very much for your review. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Customer service like the good ol' days

Dropped into Warana store to pick up a hydration pack to use for a mountain climb a few Sundays ago. Wanted black in colour, nothing to fancy and between 2L and 3L. Shop assistant understood loud and clear. CamelBak Classic was the winner. Next stop... Big Hill, Queenstown, NZ.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for the great review Brodie! Glad the team at Warana could help you out and ensure you stay hydrated on your hike! Wishing you the best for your big climb, at Big Hill NZ! Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Justin R
Justin RToowoomba

Fantastic customer service and great products

I've shopped at Tentworld several times now and the result is always the same, great products at a good price and very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I arrived late Friday afternoon and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. After browsing for a short time the staff were very quick to offer their assistance which was greatly appreciated, letting me know the options available. The new chair I bought has already been used a couple of times and is very comfortable and easy to carry, perfect for festivals/music events as the name suggests.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Cheers, thanks for the great review Justin! Really glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope you put your new chair to good use. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Ash
AshAustralia

Slow shipping and absolutely zero communication. Stock levels inaccurate.

Placed an online order before 10am. Website advertises same-day shipping on orders placed before 10am. All items ordered were in stock. No shipping confirmation received. Followed up the next day at 1pm. Still hasn't shipped. One of the items that was in stock is actually not in stock and I'm told there's was a "warehouse counting error". As I am told this information their website is still showing the item as in stock. No explanation as to why the order didn't ship the previous day. No explanation as to why no one bothered calling or emailing about the item not in stock. Absolutely useless. Very disappointing.

BruceSydney

Unable to follow simple consumer law

We bought a screen dome tent that had a fault in one of its poles. Contacted the company within the stated time frame to request to return the item for a refund. Informed we would have to pay for the return postage (@1/3rd of the cost of the tent), even though consumer law is clear that the return postage cost is to be born by the vendor. Since informing Tentworld of this there has been no correspondence from them at all. I wouldn't purchase anything on line from this business. They are clearly only interested in the bottom line and don't care about customer service/experience.

Kathy M
Kathy MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

I have been into Tentworld @ Prospect in SA several times now. Nothing seems too much trouble for the people there. Brendon and Shaun even set a tent up for me to see before buying. They made the setup look easier than it was for my partner (as a gift). Gave me great advice on the right hiking style tent for my partner before showing me the Black Wolf Grasshopper 3 I ended up buying. I will build up my cache of camping stuff now over time......

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for the great review Kathy! Hope you put your new camping gear to good use soon! Cheers, Tentworld team.

Claire18
Claire18SYDNEY

Great service from Tentworld Brendale!

We just purchased a tent from Nathan and the team at Brendale Tentworld. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received. Nathan seemed very knowledgeable on the products and listened to our needs as a young family starting out in camping. At no time did we feel there was a hard sell just a genuine interest in helping us find what we were after. Thanks for all the help we will be back!

Tina
TinaBurpengary East

Awesome service

Thankyou Nathan and the team at Brendale for your excellent service. Honest information and great value for money. We went to buy a tent and was looking to buy top of the range. We had done a fair bit of research. The information and assistance we received from Nathan was invaluable and we ended up purchasing a fabulous tent and not top of the range. Very happy

Excellent customer service

I purchased a Zempire TM lite tent from Brendon. After setting it up it was too small. Shaun replaced it with a TL with no issues.
The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly.

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives