1.7

• Return Claim MadeYes (16) · No
Lauren
Lauren

Poor product, even worse customer service

J and KSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrible post-sale customer service

Store LocationAdelaide, SA
Other Camping Shops

Do not buy from this store

Bought 2 RV Rhino Beds from the online store and they weren't what I was expecting and not what I was looking for. I called Tentworld and they said I have to ship them back to QLD. They are huge and would cost me a fortune to get back there. I could take them into the store for credit but I don't want credit. He treated it like it was a change of mind but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to take things back if they aren't right. I will never buy from them again and I will be telling everyone I know not to buy from them either. Absolutely ridiculous and I'm pretty sure illegal. I'll be writing to fair trade over these fools.

Paola
PaolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Return policies sucks

Bought an item online that I didn’t want anymore but you can only get a credit for it. I’ve been waiting to exchange my product for more than 20mins now but they can’t figure out how to do it. Waste of my time and won’t ever buy here anymore

PurpleinOz

Terrible,. Delaying refund. no response to follow up emails

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi PurpleinOz, sorry to hear that your experience with us is not going great. Can you please email feedback@tentworld.com.au so that I can investigate & try assist with this one.

PurpleinOz

I have emailed you, This has been escalated to Paypal, who found it was necessary to escalate it themselves and not just leave it as an open dispute.
Please action my refund as soon as possible.

jojoRichmond-Tweed, NSW

no refund on faulty product!

I purchased a faulty product for $89.99, I returned it and was offered the same. I no longer trusted that product and was offered something else but at a price of $170. This was out of my range. I asked for a refund and was refused. I was offered a credit. I don't need anything else. Again I asked for a refund so I could purchase the item elsewhere,and was refused. Customer service unacceptable. I am taking this further to the consumer ombudsman.

Store LocationTweed Heads Tent World
Fadi F.
Fadi F.South East Queensland, QLD

Definitely do not purchase anything from the TENTWORLD stores.

The Tentworld stores have been in business long enough to know about the Qld Consumer Laws that are in place to help protect the consumer but they blatantly disregard these laws. If you return something within a reasonable time frame because the item was faulty or it didn't do as the product description said it would then you are entitled to a full refund but not according to Tentworld. At best they will give you an in store credit. Watch this space...

Store LocationBrowns Plains, Archerfield.
Tentworld T.Tentworld

Delivery not within timeframe, customer service quote their rules, unable to listen to what the real issue is

Extrimely bad service.

Extrimely bad service. I did order from Sydney and got used, scratch oztrail table with sink paking a soft plastic bag for $79.99. Refaind unposible. Nobody not coming. Used my time, used my money.

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Courier took ten days to deliver good then damaged it

We ordered a table and chairs from Tent World courier attempted delivery then when I selected redelivery it took ten days then they didn't follow instructions and threw the product over a fence and damaged it. Then tent world expect me to carry the 10kg package to a post office to have it returned to them when the reason I did online shopping was that me and my husband work all day and cant get to the shops. Then they suggested we sit at home all day so their courier can come get it . No words except don't order on line from them its too much drama

Kerri StruthWestern District, VIC

Never use Tentworld

Purchased a Coleman gold series 10 person tent from Tentworld. We are on an 8 week holiday, we previously to buying contacted there store in Ferntree Gully and they recommended this tent for our purpose. The fly ripped at the top of the tent after 4 weeks. Contacted Tentworld and they will not honour warranty as they said the tent is not a permanent structure and should not be used for 4 weeks continuously even though this is the tent they recommended for this purpose. Totally dissatisfied with Tentworld and will never recommend or buy from them again

They Use a Courier that Doesn't Deliver

Tentworld uses a courier that doesn't deliver. The Courier just leaves a card even if you're at home waiting, then dumps the goods at a shop about a km away. Tentworld demanded I should waste my time picking it up, refused to correct the failed delivery. It's been returned to them and I'm still waiting on a refund. They have advised they'll charge me for the delivery that didn't happen. Purchase goods from companies that don't use Courier Please.

feraltek

None of this explanation has delivered the goods. I've taken it up with PayPal because all mesages from Tentworld gave zero satisfaction. I suggest you look on these review pages at the complaints with your chosen courier company.

tony smithGold Coast

Unable to honour warranty

Purchased an $1800 tent from these guys and gave them 2 opportunities to fix the issues, in the end they blamed supplier and suppliers blamed them and we ended up with a leaky tent and an explanation that broken zippers and faulty stitching is general wear and tear.
The tent was used maximum of 6 times!
Any reputable business would never leave their clients losing out because if their issues with the supplier.

Store LocationBurleigh heads

Faulty Product & Terrible Customer Service

I received a faulty tent after purchasing online. TentWorld customer service team have advised that it is “unlucky” to have received a faulty item and will not exchange or refund on the item, they will only process a warranty repair. The product is new and unused and arrived faulty - somehow this is my fault and considered “unlucky” to receive a faulty item. Totally unacceptable customer service.

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives