Tentworld
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tentworld

2.9
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (10)
Zac.s
Zac.sFar North Queensland, QLD

worst customer service Ive ever received

ordered a coleman 6P tent and website claimed item would ship in 3 days, that was at the start of july, its now the 28th of july and its just shipped, i wrote an email to them during this period in which case it took nearly a week for them to reply claiming their "system update" was the reason to blame and that there was nothing the could do for me

Avid Camper
Avid CamperPerth, WA

Placed an order online based upon shipping the next business day, 10 Days later has still not been Shipped!

Other Camping Shops

Miss
Miss

Staff were rude

I found both staff members to be extremely rude. I wont be bringing my business purchases here again. Especially when BCF is just across the road and the staff are much nicer. BCF actually sent me across the road as they were out of stock. Next time I will wait to they get more stock or shop elsewhere.

I suggest they improve the way they treat their customers especially when a competitor is just across the road that offers a much better customer experience.

Store LocationTweed Heads
Camping Shops

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Delayed x3

Ordered a tent on the 12/28/20. Email said delayed to 23/01/21, the next email delayed it to 25/02/21, then the next email delayed it to the 19/03/21. At this point I feel each "we apologise as there is a short delay" is entirely untrue..

billv53
billv53

First and last order

Ordered an item for the first time from Tentworld and it will be my last assuming I even get this order.
Sent by Toll but no tracking etc. Claim item was picked up by Toll at 12.30pm but Toll shows shipping info entered at 1.46pm does not add up.
They do not seem to be really bothered that my item has not turned up and that Toll claim they never received it for delivery hence the no tracking in their system as it was never scanned. Needed item for a overnight walk and thought I allowed plenty of time for delivery.

Fine store, terrible shipping

Store is fine, but their choice of bargain bin courier service is so bad I’ll never shop here again. Shipped via CouriersPlease (1.3 star google rating) and as expected the shipping process has been awful.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Website ordering PayPal and credit cards just don't work

Tried a ton of different cards, visa MasterCard and then PayPal, nothing works lost $500 order, site was ok had some decent stuff on it but its completely frustrating when a website isn't setup correctly and error messages don't help at all.

Liz
LizRichmond-Tweed, NSW

EVAKOOL fridge

Had my EVAKOOL fridge less than 6 months
Have problem with cable
Tent world tweed heads dont want to know about it and made me take to repairer.
Not happy.

Store LocationTweed heads nsw

Other Camping Shops

Sue
SueKimberley, WA

poor service

Purchased an Oztrail Collapsible bin. Bin had faults after first use. Emailed Tentworld. I was told bin must be destroyed and photo's emailed to them and then a refund would be issued. There was no offer to replace the bin. No waiting on refund...

Camping Shops

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

nickluu73
nickluu73AU

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

Store LocationCoopers Plains

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives