Tentworld (page 4 of 56)

Online store, Physical store

Great Customer Service - Black Wolf tent

I bought a Black Wolf tent through Tentworld - it was delivered very promptly. The first time I took it camping one of the fibreglass poles broke and I found a manufacturing defect in the floor of the tent that had left one of the seams with a hole in it.
On return I provided photos to Tentworld and explained the issues with the new product.
They immediately told me to return the damaged poles and tent inner and replaced them with brand new ones. They paid for the return shipping and sent the replacements within a couple of days.

Excellent customer service and great product support - thank you Tentworld for great work

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Outstanding, saved my first solo bikepacking trip

Was struggling to find the right equipment for my trip across Europe and chanced tent world. Was taken away by the great customer service from Fiona and her personal expertise in the camping game, knowledge that you cant buy online. Any starting off bikepackers or overlanders who cant work out their set up for the job, 100% come and see these guys to get you on your way, excellent.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review James! Glad we could help you get geared up! Enjoy your travels!

Mojave
MojaveSydney

great work great price

Fantastic response to orders, like seriously unexpectedly fast delivery. Great prices on most products ( hey I still shop around), great specials cannot recommend these guys enough, and I never bother reviewing anything online but I got exactly what I ordered in 3 days!!

Rob
RobPerth

Horrible customer service, refused return, tried to gaslight me, had to go directly through manufact

Joy. McC
Joy. McCNorth Queensland, QLD

exactly what we wanted (sleeping bags)

I would like to congratulate Tent world Townsville for there excellent service.
We were looking for two sleeping bags and Erin (Sales Person) could not do enough to help us.
We had been to other will known stores and were not treated well.
Once again thank you Erin for the excellent and friendly service.

Mike.

Tanya
Tanya

Excellent service

The guys at Tentworld Burleigh went over and above in terms of customer service to ensure that I had the right replacement part for our Coleman Tent. Thanks so much for caring more about us and our imminent camping trip rather than a “sale”. Big thumbs up from me

Zhivan
ZhivanSydney

Fast, well priced and good variety

I purchased my Engel fridge from Tent World and it arrived really quickly as expected. The whole process was very easy.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Glad you got your new Engel quick & safely Zhivan! I hope you use it soon! Kind Regards, Tentworld team

Poor customer support and questionable regard for consumer rights

I bought a tent. Within 6 months a zip to the door failed. Tentworld refused to replace or repair the product while advising me that perhaps I could repair it myself. I suggested that they (having sold the product to me) should perhaps have a responsibility to make an effort to rectify the problem. They simply refused.

DLM
DLM

Awesome service.

Extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Very comprehensive range. I have purchased everything from a fridge to a gazebo and swag with lots of smaller or even just a comparison visits. Each time is worthwhile.

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review Doc Evil! Great to hear you appreciate what we do. Happy Camping! ~ Cheers Tentworld team.

Find out how Tentworld compares to other Camping Shops

Tentworld midland , fantastic and friendly service. Really know there stuff with great advise. Thanks Deanne for your friendly service today

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Terrible. Worst experience I've had after having troubles with a product I brought.

I brought a waeco cf 50l for my 30th birthday. Had dramas with it straight away (within 2 weeks)
Called tentworld to tell them the problems, was given the run around noting happens until another 2 calls. Had to take it to a service agent which it has been there for 2.5 weeks apparently needs a
New control board which it dumbfounded me how a new fridge can need this. I have an upcoming trip I can't take my fridge on And I really need it. I'm so annoyed with the customer service and the whole experience.
I should have bought a engel and not from tentworld!!

HayleyK
HayleyKBrisbane

Terrible customer service and returns policy

Extremely disappointing that when I tried to return an unopened and unused product 2 days after purchasing it to be told no refunds can be given and store credit only would be provided. I do not understand why your online customers are provided with the option to return an item for a full refund but your in store customers are not provided with this same service.

OZtrail Tourer 9 Side Pole Kit

Brought this so I no longer have a pole in the middle of my canvas tent. Awesome more free space. Easy to put up, works well, happy with purchase, thanks

Customer
CustomerSydney

They suppress unfavourable reviews of their products

I'm not happy with two Darche tables I bought from Tentworld. It had one singe positive review on their website. However when I bought them they were different from description with false claims of impact resistant edges and heat resistant top.

When I submitted a review to reflect this on their website, they did not publish it, so other customers keep on getting duped.

This is not right.

Bronson
BronsonMelbourne

Excellent customer service.

I recently made a claim on the Coleman HWOD through Tentworld. They were straight onto it, asking for photos & a description of the fault. After contacting Coleman, they got back to me & shipped the replacement parts immediately. Fabulous service, all fixed in less than two weeks. Thanks Tentworld!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Thanks Bronson! Sorry you had a problem with your HWOD but so glad we could sort it easily & quickly for you. Thanks very much for your review. Kind Regards & Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives