Tentworld
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tentworld

1.7
  • Return Claim MadeYes (3) · No
Dianne
DianneSydney, NSW

Five Star Customer Service!

Happy camper
Happy camperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Brought a swag on the weekend from Tentworld Ipswich and when unpacking, one of the spreader poles was slightly dented preventing it from extending properly. Took it back to the Ipswich store next day and they replaced the faulty pole straight away with another one. I was extremely worried I was going to have to wait or receive poor customer service from reading the reviews on here. So was very impressed and appreciative with the Ipswich Tentworld staffs help. I have brought numerous supplies over the years from Tentworld they have a great range and quality camping gear. Thanks for always providing a great experience.

Store LocationIpswich Tentworld

Other Camping Shops

Drew G
Drew GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Recently ordered Blackwolf Turbo 450 Cabin. It arrived with a small whole in the fly. I emailed a photo and after two days the team let me know that they had worked with Blackwolf to organise a replacement fly to be couriered straight to our house.

On one hand you might read this and say well that's exactly what we would expect as a consumer. Though so many times at other online stores i have been disappointed and ended up arguing the toss about how the damage occurred, can i send back the original item first, who pays for shipping etc...... I was pleasantly surprised!

Thankyou Tentworld, you have a loyal customer

cheers
Drew

Jo Fenner
Jo Fennerasked

Can you tell me ! Does tent world have a member Card
That you scan with your purchase !
( receive points / discounts ???

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi Jo, sorry at this time we do not currently run a membership rewards program. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123asked
Online store

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Tentworld T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives