Terri Scheer

Terri Scheer (page 2 of 4)

Jimmi

JimmiSunshine Coast

Trust me, you're NOT covered for much!

Shaney D

Shaney DAdelaide

We worked with them, good service!

Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Fraudsters

Social M.Terri Scheer

Thanks Mandy but I have no trust in the integrity of your company, I have made a full submission to the Insurance Fraud Bureau.
Jeannie

Landlords Beware

SJN
SJN

You should not be reading these comments if you do not comprehend what is being conveyed.

Refused to pay loss of rent claim

Terrible support experience. Previous tenant trashed my property. Previous agent hid details of damage. Moved to a new agent and tenant asked to leave. Left without paying last couple of weeks rent. Terri Scheer support hid behind previous agent not supplying them details of how bond was spent fixing damage. I recommend steering clear of them. Policy cancelled as they don’t have a sense of customer support.

NEVER USE TERRI SCHEER

I have a landlord policy with them and my tenant put the plug in the vanity turned the tap on and walked away. I contacted Terri Scheer about the damage once I have received quotes to repair totlaing over $3500. I was told by them that this was no covered by them as it was poor housekeeping. I disbuted this and was again denied. I then saw their TV add when the child over flows a bathtub and rang again to be told that my policy was taken out before that add so there fore did not included flooding by a tenant.

I am also an agent and never recommed that any of my landlords use Terri Scheer.

NEVER NEVER TRUST TERRI SCHEER

Kylie
Kylie

Dont touch them

I had 3 policies with this lot and have finally taken all 3 elsewhere they will not pay claims always a excuse like holes in walls on the plaster corners in a 10 month old home and class this as normal wear and tear. Cost me 3k to fix. Leaking water damage cost me 1.5k to fix. They have now lost 3k a year in business from me.

Dodge

It is with great news I now have all insurances from this company moved to other companies no more stress and frustration.

Jana

JanaKatoomba

Terri Scheer covered everything, highly recommended

Had a bad tenant, didn't pay rent, damaged the house, dishwasher, etc, didn't pay the water bill, and moved out without returning the key or informing the property manager. Terri Scheer covered everything, from bills to replacing the flooring, a new dishwasher, cleaning, repairs, unpaid rent, lock replacement, just everything. Not as quickly as ten days but it all went through pretty soon and smoothly, my property manager did all the communications with them. I was so glad I took out insurance with Terri Scheer. This episode would have left me in a real pickle otherwise. Happened in my first year with them too. I recommend them highly.

Lollies

LolliesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Landlords beware!

When tenants skipped without paying rent and left a trashed house and yard, somehow none of it was eligible for a claim as it was considered ‘lifestyle related’, therefore not eligible. And then only small portion of the unpaid rent that was deemed eligible was less than the excess I needed to pay.
I wouldn’t use these guys, i had to spend $$$$ of my own money to fix the tenants mess, and I still can’t figure out what on earth they actually DO cover.

Jim

Jimadelaide

3months into an ongoing claim

theboy

theboy

This insurance company will pull all sorts of reasons to refuse your claim. warning!!! stay away!!!

BABS

BABSSydney

Pricy but hopefully worth it

I have been using Terri Scheer for Landlord Insurance for a couple of years now. They are consistently more expensive than other products out there. So my only hope is that in the unfortunate instance that I might have to put a claim, TS pays it without any hangups!
Moreover, I found that at time of renewal, getting a new policy online turns out to be cheaper than renewing the previous policy! Not a fair go for customers coming back to TS in my opinion!

Suzie Q

Suzie QBrisbane

After having insurance with a banking organisation for 4 years and when finally needing to make a claim for malicious damage only to be told that I wasn't covered I changed to Terri Scheer, thank heavens I did. 12 months later I was saddened to hear that my new tenant had passed away and not been found in the house for 5 days. With the help of my property agent and the Terri Scheer assessors we were able to rectify all problems and have the property ready for new tenants in a matter of weeks. The process was smooth, efficient and timely. Thank heavens I changed to Terri Scheer

leeleeGold Coast

Disgusting and adds misleading

Social M.Terri Scheer

Hi Leelee, we're sorry to hear about how your claim has been handled. So we can follow up on your concerns, could you please send us an email to social@suncorp.com.au with your claim number and contact details. - Mandy

langwarrin

langwarrinlangwarrin

From someone who works in property management. Don't use them!

Social M.Terri Scheer

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to look into this further. Please feel free to email us your policy and claim details to social@suncorp.com.au. Thanks! - Stacey

micky

mickygold coast

Still Not Looking Good.....

Social M.Terri Scheer

Hi Micky, we are sorry that there are delays with escalating your claim. So we can follow this up with our claims team, can you please send us an email to social@suncorp.com.au with your claim number and contact details. - Mandy

Jess

Jess

Best insurance company

Ive been a real estate agent for 7+ years and have done many claims with different companies and have found Terri Scheer by far to be the best! Never had a claim refusal and always had money back within 10 days unless they needed more documentation from me. Excellent company highly recommend!

J Lsydney

Run! Stay Clear, They Don't Care. Pure Torture.

I've had alot of trouble with this insurer.

A simple claim took 2 years to resolve and over a year of torture for every inch of the legitimate claim resulting in heavy losses.

Even if you're desperate please stay clear from these people.

Go elsewhere. It is nothing like their tv ad where the pan is on fire, bathroom overflows ad to make it appear easy. 100% FAKE.

Claim MadeYes
J L

Don't bother with these liars

After constant emails and telephone calls, they refused to pay for repairing damage caused by my Tennant. Their television ad is a complete lie. Advise anyone considering landlord insurance to avoid TS.

John Cortie

John Cortieasked

Could I insure my house furniture while it is stored in a shipping container at a secured premise?
Cheers

Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi John, Thanks for your question. It would depend on several factors if this would be covered by any of our landlord policies. To discuss your needs please give us on 1800 804 016. We're available from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. - Mandy

ameliasked

I am wondering why landlords are not using the rental tribunal to make a claim? Then they could obtain an enforcement notice. Could it be that this system also does not work? Talk to your local member if this is the case and send an email to complaints at the tribunal.

San
San

My understanding is that claims that owners try to put through to RTA are directed to QCAT (if it’s in Qld). You have to pay a fee to them and it can take sometime plus you have to appear at the hearing. An Enforcement Order can be achieved if the Claim via QCAT has not been adhered to. It’s all very long winded, time consuming and a lot of paperwork. Renters insurance is far better option; j have gone down both roads. When QCAT allowed the tenants leniency, Terri Scheer paid it instead. You can’t ask for better than that!!!

Fix It
Fix It

I can confirm that the demand by the tribunal for paperwork is extensive, one set of documents to the tribunal, one set to the respondent, one set for yourself. This can be more than 200 pages. It is also long winded and subject to delays and time limits.

ameli

200 pages? Sorry, I have conducted my own case and though it is a pain it is always worth doing. If a landlord has carried out their part of the bargain then the process is quite simple but landlords who would lose use insurance and I guess if shonky landlords want to play that game and you do not mind paying then that's your business. You are sheilding crooked landlords and helping to destroy the lives of honest tenants. I was a housing manager for over 20 years and seen both sides and only a tiny fraction of tenants were a real problem. Do your due dillegence, ensure your properties are in good shape do not rely solely on what agents tell you, check references, do the property inspection and ensure photos are taken. Dont treat tenants like mugs to be milked of their savings.

Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dickyasked

Why would any one use Terry Scheer ????

Dodge

Very good question not sure why

Get an answer from our members and Terri Scheer representatives