Terri Scheer

Terri Scheer (page 3 of 4)

Rick

RickSydney, NSW

Terrible experience

I needed to make a claim however they never sent me the renewal policy for one of my properties and I end up doing a renewal online. When I needed to make a claim they said I couldn't do it because I cancelled my previous policy. I explain what happened and they didn't care and I couldn't make a claim. Well, I'm moving my properties away from these guys... I pay insurance for reason.. not just to throw money away. Terri Scheer - you guys are so unprofessional and customer service is terrible. Hope your clients realize it before they need to make any claim.

Money munger

As a renter thank you for pigeonholing us all, we rent because we can't afford to buy, (full time single carer for disabled son) and now your driving up the prices with your tacky remodelling.
You are not giving good advice, really a grey house with neon yellow door WILL DATE fast!! Costing the landlord more money and making it harder for or us to fit our furniture that travels with us from house to house impossible to fit in with your colour schemes. Keep it NAUETRAL, seriously not rocket science!!!

FULL OF Promises

Fake advertising find anything to reject your claim. Will never insure with them again. All the advertisements you are covered for accidental and malicious damage is just not true. I had tenants damage my property and Terri Scheer will not reimburse me for my costs.

Terri Scheer- Don't Bother

Appalling customer service. My first claim ever & Terri Sheer insurance has been a complete debacle from start to now. I'm still awaiting a result since beginning of January this year.
They are making a laughing stock out of the legislation.
Do not insure with this company...you'll get nothing but delay after delay & no result for your hard work & no protection for your asset.

Insurance claim madeYes

Their TV ads are a joke!

I have only had one dealing with this company; one of the most frustrating and unsatisfactory experiences of my life. My leased property was absolutely wrecked by a rogue tenant. Furniture, fittings, carpets and white goods had to be hauled away to the dump! Terri Scheer fought me all the way and won by sheer perseverance!

Not recommended

Similar to others, I was denied a claim of bad tenants skipping out, leaving rubbish and damage. The reason given was that apparently the tenants had never paid their 2 weeks advanced rent at the start of the lease on time, so they were technically behind in rent from the start, even though they paid their weekly rent on time until it went bad. I was unaware of this, and the managing agents had never told me anything was out of order. Terri Scheer was quite happy to take my insurance premiums for several years though! I would not recommend them.

Terri Scheer's contempt for customers

I've been paying these people for two years for nothing. They provide no protection against the ravages of a bad tenant. Would have been better off with no insurance. I would still have the money I paid for the policies.

Michelle

MichelleEleebana NSW

Waste of time.

Never ending issues with time wasters. Lost emails. Short staff, takes forever to help and sort things out. Simple case but a lot of buck passing. I am cancelling my policies. I have 4.
Terrible service.

Easy TRansaction

I can only talk from personal experience, our landlord claim went through without a hitch, paid within a month. Maybe its the fact the property manager I used knew how to complete the claim correctly

They are a fraud

I have been accused and asked to pay them money by D&B as final notice, when I have had no bill sent to me before or I have ever dealt with them or even know them.
I have never signed any contract to give them the authority to ask me for any money.
They are a fraud.

The worst

Months and Months of chasing them to get a simple repair sorted, quite clearly covered under the policy, very simple and clear cut yet they take the maximum amount of time to move things through a process! 3 months and counting to get repairs approved, I am sure that this will be a 6 month job by the time they have finished. NEVER AGAIN will I insure any of my investment properties or anything with them, the parent company or anyone affiliated with them! BE WARNED - STAY AWAY!!

ll28

ll28

waste of money - the one time I needed to claim was impossible

I was with them for a number of years for Landlord insurance for two of my properties and when I finally had an issue with my property manager going out of business and disappearing, I found one unit in a disgusting state and the tenant had done a runner.

Small claim probably about $4,000 maximum and they just delayed and talked me to death without helping.

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't waste your hard earned money.

LalaCooki

LalaCookiMelbourne

great investment property insurance company

enjeti

enjetiSydney

They are a fraud & a scam

I was with them for a number of years for Landlord insurance for two of my properties and when I had an issue with one of my tenants who broke my granite bench top, they did not want to know anything about it and did not conduct any investigation to check the truth of the matter and just refused to pay for the repairs. Don't even bother to talk to them. One should not touch them even with a barge pole.

Insurance claim madeYes

If you want to waste you money and time , Choose terri scheer

I call this insurance company a complete scam. When it comes to taking the policy it so easy. But if you file a claim, Good luck if you get any cent out of them. Waste of time. Extreamly poor customer service. Team of trained liers. I am currently reviewing my case through Ombudsman. Will not renew my Policy. Beware guys ..

No stars at all...

2 claims with this company, the first due to tenants trashing my house, resulting in over $7000 out of pocket due to their animal damage clause of $500 (I had to rip up the carpets and have the concrete floor bleached to get rid of the animal urine smell). New tenants move in, 3 weeks later, the dishwasher hose bursts overnight and soaks new carpet, resulting in another $2000 bill. TSI in their (non) wisdom decide to reimburse me $830... This whole process has taken over 14 months to resolve. Would never ever recommend them...

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

I would prefer not to give them a star

I wish I had read the reviews first. Quite simply, don't bother. They were recommended by our agent, but not worth the change! We had a legitimate Landlord Insurance claim after having tenants from hell, but they managed to get out of paying 95% of it, which left us bearing a substantial financial loss.

nikky

nikky

No chance of paying our claim & awful customer experience

Do not buy their landlord insurance. End of story.
We had significant flood damage to an investment property. Terri Scheer refused to offer any payment with similar excuses listed in other review. They say on the website that they cover water damage, flood etc but there is no chance of collecting payment.
Their customer service agent was rude, confrontational and aggressive on the phone.
Stay away from these guys.

Andrea T

Andrea TAdelaide

Don't be fooled by slick Media Advertising

John Cortie

John Cortieasked

Could I insure my house furniture while it is stored in a shipping container at a secured premise?
Cheers

Terri Scheer
Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi John, Thanks for your question. It would depend on several factors if this would be covered by any of our landlord policies. To discuss your needs please give us on 1800 804 016. We're available from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. - Mandy

ameliasked

I am wondering why landlords are not using the rental tribunal to make a claim? Then they could obtain an enforcement notice. Could it be that this system also does not work? Talk to your local member if this is the case and send an email to complaints at the tribunal.

San
San

My understanding is that claims that owners try to put through to RTA are directed to QCAT (if it’s in Qld). You have to pay a fee to them and it can take sometime plus you have to appear at the hearing. An Enforcement Order can be achieved if the Claim via QCAT has not been adhered to. It’s all very long winded, time consuming and a lot of paperwork. Renters insurance is far better option; j have gone down both roads. When QCAT allowed the tenants leniency, Terri Scheer paid it instead. You can’t ask for better than that!!!

Fix It
Fix It

I can confirm that the demand by the tribunal for paperwork is extensive, one set of documents to the tribunal, one set to the respondent, one set for yourself. This can be more than 200 pages. It is also long winded and subject to delays and time limits.

ameli

200 pages? Sorry, I have conducted my own case and though it is a pain it is always worth doing. If a landlord has carried out their part of the bargain then the process is quite simple but landlords who would lose use insurance and I guess if shonky landlords want to play that game and you do not mind paying then that's your business. You are sheilding crooked landlords and helping to destroy the lives of honest tenants. I was a housing manager for over 20 years and seen both sides and only a tiny fraction of tenants were a real problem. Do your due dillegence, ensure your properties are in good shape do not rely solely on what agents tell you, check references, do the property inspection and ensure photos are taken. Dont treat tenants like mugs to be milked of their savings.

Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dickyasked

Why would any one use Terry Scheer ????

Dodge
Dodge

Very good question not sure why

Get an answer from our members and Terri Scheer representatives