Physical store, Online store

Jesse J.
Jesse J.South East Queensland, QLD

Gone... sad day for aquarium hobbyist.

Was a great store but is closed now. The guys in the shop were really helpful and always happy to have a chat. Prices were responsible. They will be missed.

Thanks for this covid.......

Kim
KimThornton

Lies

Glenn
GlennSeville

Farcical online shopping experience, 30 days+ to "receive" goods

Wheres the customer service

I drove 1hr and 20mins to collect some items they have an their website, when I got their the items were not in stock, however their website said they where in stock, I was frustrated they advised you can come back in a few days and we will have more in stock, I didn't want to drive so far a 2nd time.
I bought other items including a couple of 50 cents and a couple of dollars, I thought for the inconvenience and the error that they had with false advertising stock they never had in stock they could of thrown in a 50cemt item or something, but no I got charged for every single thing.
I wasn't Happy.

Deliver what they promise with an excellent product knowledge and at a great price...

I came over from New Zealand specifically to see these guys to purchase an apex system. It was cheaper to do it this way and to bring it home as personal luggage and get around excessive duty charges. Plus I was refunded the gst at the airport on the way out.

They were very helpful through emails over a number of months patiently enduring my many questions about the apex and compatibility with other brands. My tank is around 6000 litres so I needed some expert product knowledge which they helped me out with such as lighting recommendations of which I will purchase from them via another visit.

Sad business ethics.

Would never use this place again.

They like to talk about manhood’s in this shop, not a place to take your family!

Will also not replace parts been waiting over a month for a protein skimmer to be replaced I guess they just gave up.

Really sad business ethics’s.

Ben B.The Age of Aquariums

hi Evan still waiting for you to bring me your faulty item so we can get you sorted not even sure what your chasing mate . please bring the item in mention to me for a refund . ASAP

Evan B
Evan B
Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Issues with online ordering

They have great reviews for in store visits however I've ordered twice online and had issues both times.
When you place an order online you aren't sent an order confirmation or invoice. You also don't receive a dispatch notice when your order is shipped.
Both of my orders weren't dispatched until I followed them up a week+ after placing the order. I also received a faulty product in my second order that didn't work. It was a bit of a run around for a replacement and I had to follow them up multiple times but I eventually got the replacement.

Terrible customer service! Don't order from their online store!

Absolutely terrible customer service! Do not buy from their online store! I was lied to and told my order was shipped when it wasn’t, calling for the third time three weeks after ordering I was told an item I had purchased was out of stock… This was after I was told it was shipped when clearly it wasn’t… Not once did they try and contact me regarding this issue either. Oh they also don't reply to emails so don't bother trying emailing them.

Wbrett
WbrettHobart

Wrong item sent, no refund after returned

Ordered several items, but when order arrived one item was completely wrong and one item was the wrong size. I had to contact them twice to get a response, was told to return items for refund, but never heard back or received my refund despite emailing to ask what was happening after tracking confirmed parcel had arrived. Now I am out of pocket for return postage as well as incorrect items!

Excellent!

I emailed these guys about a light that i could not locate in any store in SA. They promptly replied that they had it in stock and 4 days later it arrives on my doorstep, in perfect condition, and packaged extremely well. Very happy with the result, and for those people here complaining about their orders taking ages, i suggest you simply contact Age of Aquariums before placing your order, as they were happy to help and responded promptly.

Very Happy Customer and Sincerely Thank you

Still waiting over a month to receive products

Ordered an aquarium light over a month ago received email a week later stating it was out of stock but was still charged called a month later and was told would be back in stock Tuesday or Friday that was two weeks ago would never buy from them again.

AZA
AZAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Left hanging

Ben B.The Age of Aquariums

One of the best shops going around for aquarium products

One of the best shops going around for aquarium products great customer service and knowledgeable and a wide variety of products

ShS
ShSMelbourne

Was tricked by them

Time ago I ordered an eheim 2215 from them. Their online pic shows a flat top version (made in Germany) but what I got is a round top one which is made in China. What a cheater. If you will try them make sure you check first rather than trust them. If you don't know what I am talking here, pls google the flat vs round top ehiem 2215 for details. Hope I was the only unlucky guy.

Hi ShS,
This must have been many years ago as we have not stocked Eheim Since purchasing the business almost 2 years ago now.

Kwaka
KwakaQld, 4000

Good prices and service - problems with website though

I have been buying from these guys for over 5 years both in store and via web and always been happy. Recently though the website wont accept my login. I have had to phone the store the last 3 times to place orders as the "reset" password thing doesn't send me emails. Last time they totally wiped my profile so I could start again I hope this fixes the problem as it's starting to be a pain!