The Australian Wine

See the Best Wine & Liquor Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by The Australian Wine

Far from perfect

AusWine was out of stock of one of key wines. No refund offered. I’d recommend against paying unless they confirm availability of wine offered.

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

I still dont have my delivery, it is sitting at the delivery company depot, has been there for a week.

I have contacted customer service and nothing other than an automated response has been received. Such poor performance on the first delivery.

Mohan V.Perth, WA

Not great

I have not received my wines as it has not been shipped. Order placed 21st July.
Might review if i receive

Short 2 bottles

Thought I was supposed to get a dozen bottles, feel ripped off, obviously didn’t look close enough at the offer

Leo
LeoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I want to buy wine when I want it!!!

I rang today to buy some wine which included a special offer of 2 stemless glasses, 2 extra bottles and $100 off. I was told that I would be enrolled in the club and would receive another box of wine every 12 weeks and would automatically be charged to my credit card. I have bought wine from this company many times and will never buy again based on your dishonesty. I buy wine when I want to, NOT when you want me to!! Will buy from elsewhere from now on. Very disappointed and disgusted in your companies behavior!

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Very good value for money.

Very good value for money. Out of interest, I researched (online) average pricing of each bottle variety, and was duly impressed!

Avoid this seller

Hopelessly incompetent delivery. Don't know what the wine is like - still waiting. A gift gone hopelessly wrong - Thanks Australian Wine

Hi David,
We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with us so far, I have now sent a personal message to you regarding the matter.
Kind regards,

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Didn't receive advertised product.

No promised two bottles of Taylor's Shiraz or wine glasses. Black Duck Durif very sour. Not our expectations of an Aus big red. Extremely disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Never arrived and worse customer service

I purchased an advent calendar and it did not arrive in time for 1 December. I have emailed since 23 November asking where it is with no response — I just wanted someone to explain to me what the hold up was and why the tracking number didn’t work. They shouldn’t have sold advent calendars if they could not deliver by December ... Christmas present ruined. Still no response and no wine.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Wine Selections

Nearly all of the reds you offer are Shiraz.Why? How about some Cabernet blends.Also, Australian wines are overpriced. In Italy and France top shelf wines can be purchased for a much fairer price.

AlloratanAshbourne

overcharged 3 times

I cancelled my ongoing wine club orders and removed my card details from the account; this was confirmed on the web site as I prefer to order wine when I want to and not when somebody expects me to. A couple of weeks later 3 transactions for $204 appear on my credit card, the same credit card that had been removed. This clearly suggests the company store and keep details. Very disappointing and certainly makes me concerned about security.
I now have to try and recover the funds but suspect there will be many hoops to jump through.
Its a real shame as it was working up until now

Dear Alloratan,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your account. We have sent you a private message so we may resolve this for you.
Kind Regards

Alloratan

We discussed the issue some weeks ago and resolved.
I will reorder at some point soon

Desmond Davis
Desmond DavisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crooks

Beware of this company they are crooks. They charged my credit card $199. Sent a carton wine I didn't order.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Desmond, thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you have been charged for an unexpected case. I have sent you a personal message regarding the matter.
Kind regards,

Amanda O
Amanda OSydney

Very deceptive

They send a dispatch notice for the wines you didn’t order which appears to be on a 12 week schedule. Be aware that you will be charged repeatedly after your first batch.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. I have sent you a personal message regarding the matter. Kind regards, The Australian Wine

Lou C.South East Queensland, QLD

Where Is My Wine?

Lou C.

I have since been given a refund on the wine I never recieved

OscarWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

WARNING - Unauthorised credit card deduction

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hello Oscar, I am so sorry that this has been your experience with us. I have now sent you a personal message so we are able to rectify this for you as this is unacceptable customer service.
Thank you for your review, The Australian Wine Service.

Lou C.asked

Hello, can someone from The Australian Wine please explain how my order has been sent to the wrong address 3 (THREE) times and I have still not received any tracking number to track my delivery. Could someone from Australian Wines please explain how it takes a month and numerous phone calls and online chats to receive a case of NOTHING?? Can someone from The Australian Wines please explain how there is no accountability or management intervention when a customer repeatedly has to chase up an order placed and paid for weeks earlier. No communication, no intervention and no idea how to treat customers - that must be the mission statement from this poorly managed company. Here's a philosophy you might need to adopt going forward with your poorly structured business - "If you don't look after your customers, someone else will".

Hi Lou,

Im an terribly sorry that you haven't yet received your wines.

I agree that this is unacceptable.

I have sent you a message to assist you further with your inquiry.

Warm Regards

Amanda O
Amanda Oasked

Hi there, we ordered the 14 wines with two glasses and have not received our order. It was well over a week ago and when on the website it says we have no current orders. I’d appreciate a prompt response considering we paid $120 for not much. Thanks.

Felp
Felp

I totally agree with you. It happened to us as well. My husband called twice and couldn't get a clear answer.

Hello Amanda and Felp.

Thank you for your review.

Im sorry that you both haven't yet received your wines.

I will send you both a message separately to resolve this for you.

Warm Regards

Corey K
Corey Kasked

Is there a contract that you enter to join the club?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

See their website for basics

Get an answer from our members and The Australian Wine representatives