Wine selection and offers

Wine selections are plentiful but awareness could be taken care of when you are selling to individuals who are buying for personal consumption. To many offers and doubling up of email and paper offers This not only appears to be wasteful (paper) but unnecessary.

Mostly good

I have generally found the wines to be of good quality and service Ok. However, I have recently had occasion to regret recommending The Australian Wine to a friend. He recently bought some wine which he found unsatisfactory and emailed asking for a refund / replacement as is offered in advertising. However, after having sent 3 emails he has not received a single acknowledgement. VERY POOR - seems to indicate that the advertised replacement policy is just a sham.

Convenience as use Post Office

My wife and I just want wines under $12.00 in drinkable whites and reds so there you go as word count needed for busy folks!

Merv S

Merv STownsville

A good, but not great, wine club

Hapuku

HapukuFar North Queensland, QLD

Will probably opt for other sources in future

Yes - marketing too aggressive for my liking. Prices and delivery fine. Mixes about 50:50 with respect to my tastes - perhaps another marketing ploy - mixing the good with the not so good (certainly not bad) or perhaps just not enough feedback from me. However, it is the aggressive marketing that gives me bias towards the negative judgement.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Never arrived and worse customer service

I purchased an advent calendar and it did not arrive in time for 1 December. I have emailed since 23 November asking where it is with no response — I just wanted someone to explain to me what the hold up was and why the tracking number didn’t work. They shouldn’t have sold advent calendars if they could not deliver by December ... Christmas present ruined. Still no response and no wine.

Still worthwhile

Generally good wines, and value.
Price increases (sometimes via reduction in bonus bottles), and in postage to SA
Increased frequency of calls from consultants, though not insistent.
Call re Xmas special offers(which I accepted), followed ib a few days by email that regular order would consist of a Xmas cadalog offer (which for me was not long after last order received). I assume others were also surprised by this, and good that phone call included easy cancellation option.

Its ok

Sent 9 separate parcels for Xmas with a message card each , not one of the parcels had the messages. Very disappointed.

Terence Jackson

Terence JacksonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great wine great prices but delivery needs to improve.

Good quality wine at good prices. Have enjoyed every bottle (reds). My only concern is we live in an apartment and delivery drivers are NOT ringing our door bell but leaving wine in foyer unanounced. Thanks from TJ

AlloratanAshbourne

overcharged 3 times

I cancelled my ongoing wine club orders and removed my card details from the account; this was confirmed on the web site as I prefer to order wine when I want to and not when somebody expects me to. A couple of weeks later 3 transactions for $204 appear on my credit card, the same credit card that had been removed. This clearly suggests the company store and keep details. Very disappointing and certainly makes me concerned about security.
I now have to try and recover the funds but suspect there will be many hoops to jump through.
Its a real shame as it was working up until now

Dear Alloratan,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your account. We have sent you a private message so we may resolve this for you.
Kind Regards

Alloratan

We discussed the issue some weeks ago and resolved.
I will reorder at some point soon

Desmond Davis

Desmond DavisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crooks

Beware of this company they are crooks. They charged my credit card $199. Sent a carton wine I didn't order.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Desmond, thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you have been charged for an unexpected case. I have sent you a personal message regarding the matter.
Kind regards,

Amanda O

Amanda OSydney

Very deceptive

They send a dispatch notice for the wines you didn’t order which appears to be on a 12 week schedule. Be aware that you will be charged repeatedly after your first batch.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. I have sent you a personal message regarding the matter. Kind regards, The Australian Wine

Lou C.South East Queensland, QLD

Where Is My Wine?

Lou C.

I have since been given a refund on the wine I never recieved

OscarWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

WARNING - Unauthorised credit card deduction

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hello Oscar, I am so sorry that this has been your experience with us. I have now sent you a personal message so we are able to rectify this for you as this is unacceptable customer service.
Thank you for your review, The Australian Wine Service.

Oscar

Average quality wines at best.

There are better Wine groups out there than The Oz. Bundled offers of wine and products are the giveaway that the wine is of average quality only. Will return to my regular wine club.

Sometimes wonderful sometime ordinary

There are times when their specials have provided amazing quality wines. Other times like recently the 'Gold Medal' winning wines supplied have been disappointing, and don't appear to me to be worthy of 'Gold Medals'.

Colin G.
Colin G.

Australian Wine Customer Service have arranged return and refund. Thankyou.

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Unacceptable substitution of expensive wines

I was deeply disappointed to find some of the most expensive wines I had ordered substituted for younger vintages and even different grapes. Simply unacceptable, also as I have been a long-time customer of The Australian Wine.

Brian Pedler

Brian PedlerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I was signed up for regular wine without my consent. Very disappointing from an entity that I trusted.

I made 1 phone call & sent 2 emails seeking explanation of regular order but no response rec’d. Very disappointing given that I have been a buyer for 10 years. Ave maria

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Don't expect to get what you order.

The wine is worth what you pay for but the with the last two orders all of the most expensive wine was substituted for younger vintages and different grapes. Disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Good wine... not so good comms

The wines have all been high quality and it’s a great way to try international and lesser-known wineries. Way too many mail outs and messy website though - can’t leave “plans”

Lou C.asked

Hello, can someone from The Australian Wine please explain how my order has been sent to the wrong address 3 (THREE) times and I have still not received any tracking number to track my delivery. Could someone from Australian Wines please explain how it takes a month and numerous phone calls and online chats to receive a case of NOTHING?? Can someone from The Australian Wines please explain how there is no accountability or management intervention when a customer repeatedly has to chase up an order placed and paid for weeks earlier. No communication, no intervention and no idea how to treat customers - that must be the mission statement from this poorly managed company. Here's a philosophy you might need to adopt going forward with your poorly structured business - "If you don't look after your customers, someone else will".

Hi Lou,

Im an terribly sorry that you haven't yet received your wines.

I agree that this is unacceptable.

I have sent you a message to assist you further with your inquiry.

Warm Regards

Amanda O

Amanda Oasked

Hi there, we ordered the 14 wines with two glasses and have not received our order. It was well over a week ago and when on the website it says we have no current orders. I’d appreciate a prompt response considering we paid $120 for not much. Thanks.

Felp
Felp

I totally agree with you. It happened to us as well. My husband called twice and couldn't get a clear answer.

Hello Amanda and Felp.

Thank you for your review.

Im sorry that you both haven't yet received your wines.

I will send you both a message separately to resolve this for you.

Warm Regards

Corey K

Corey Kasked

Is there a contract that you enter to join the club?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

See their website for basics

Get an answer from our members and The Australian Wine representatives