The Australian Wine

The Australian Wine (page 2 of 3)

Ewen McPhee

Ewen McPheeMurray Region, NSW

Slightly biased

I generally recommend The Australian Wine to anyone who appreciates different wines. I have only had (to this stage) one instance where I thought a wine was overrated - specifically Galli Estate 2016 Heathcote TGM blend where my impression was that it was not sufficiently mellow. Anyone with a tender palate may be disappointed. Don't get me wrong - I had no difficulty eventually matching it with some spicy food.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Ewen, thank you for the review and taking the time to give us your feedback! We also appreciate the recommendation.
Kind regards

Rickky

RickkyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A LOVER OF VARIETALS

The packages provide an interesting taste and palatable ranges - however offers revolve mainly around cab sav and shiraz - don't receive any offers of reds with a packages including several Merlot combos -

Marketing overdrive

Generally get reasonable value but marketing gets tiring, just like an email every day asking for this survey. And having to put in at least thirty words into a survey seems over the top.

Find out how The Australian Wine compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Don’t always get what you ask for

We advised that we enjoy merlot, cab sav and always get Shiraz thrown in about 50% which we do not enjoy. Even though we mention it every time with the consultant.

Mark S.

Mark S.North Western Region, NSW

Good Wines to Start then quality drops

I have been with the Australian Wine for a couple of years. Wines were good bit quality v price started to drop off so i cancelled subscription. After about a year and having fielded multiple phone calls I agreed to renew subscription. First lot of wines were good value but then started dropping off. Also get a lot of calls between cases which is somewhat frustrating and annoying. Overall probable on par or a bit above other wines clubs have been part off just need to be consistent with quality and a few less marketing calls unless it is a blinding special

John T

John TAdelaide

Delivery chaos

Finally enjoying our delicious wine from TAW after a lengthy 19 day chaotic delivery. TAW staff quite helpful throughout our many phone calls, but out of frustration we picked up the wine ourselves from the courier depot. If it wasn’t for the quality of the wines, we wouldn’t put ourselves through this stressful process again!!!!!

Kenneth Sellars

Kenneth SellarsHobart, TAS

I love Sharaz

Never had a bad red from the Australian Wine, I do not consider myself a conoseur of wine but I have enjoyed all of the reds I have received especially the South Australian reds...Sharaz in particular.

Aust Wine & Lewthwaites

Great selection
Of Aust reds and swift delivery. Had bad experience on failure to deliver promised bonus offer and discount vouchers after a foul up with phone order. Will only order by mail.

Ok but can improve

Offers are almost always for big bold dark blood reds. Why is there an assumption that no one wants medium bodied reds? Please offer more of that cccc ccc ccc

A Little Disappointed

Purchased the mystery reds recently which had a couple of overseas bottles. Not a fan of international reds - would have preferred a full dozen of Aussie reds! Otherwise all good

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Good range of interesting wines

Good service- nice wines- and prompt reliable delivery. Bonus bottles are terrific as well! But be careful though quarterly deliveries will keep coming (and direct debits) unless you opt out!

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Love it but not delivery policy

Wine selection and prices are brilliant. Delivery by Australia Post is a huge let down and negative. Will not purchase in future because of this. Far too difficult and cumbersome.

free delivery

paid the annual fee for free delivery but did not realise you had to buy 12 or more bottles or over $140 to get your free delivery, i would not have paid for this service had i known. Otherwise its good.

The wines are good

Well price wines. But a bit disappointed since my adviser left. I use to have someone who called me regularly with the special and knew what wine I liked. Since he left lost the personal touch

Catherine Worth
Catherine Worth

This is great. Looking forward to this

Cathy

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Like finding a great 'tool shop,' can't keep going back and looking.

Have been stuck with old favourites for years, but now found some great 'dark reds' & could be more to stock up my cellar, great choices and 100% delivery.

Mediocracy

Okay, but we get the same old brands and wine tends to be middle of the road and over rated!

Geoffrey Lennard

Geoffrey LennardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Red Wines

Perhaps, because of historical feed back, you offer a large proportion of heavy, rich red wines at the expense of lighter styles which are produced for example in France and Italy.
I'm not suggesting that The Australian Wine should be importing more of these styles. Within a comparable price range Australian wines are superior anyway, in my view.
I would like to see more Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Malbec, Mataro, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc replace your "gutsy" Shiraz offerings

Review collected in partnership with The Australian Wine

Too many 2017 and 2018 vintages sent.

Peter Lehmann Shira vintage 2015 very good. A 2018 Riesling is not nice, and so on.
Sauvignon Blanc was enjoyable, although new.

Wine delivery

Bought wine delivered fast, efficient, on time, ordering simple and easy. Have ordered since then and have had no problems.

Good products average service

We ordered the 2 cartons required to receive a magnum of Caravan petite sirrah, but were told by our wine consultant that we didn’t qualify. After speaking to another consultant and threatening to return our 3 carton order we were offered a credit for 2 regular bottles of the Caravan petite sirrah which were part of our order. Not good enough for long standing customers!

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hello Trevor & Julie. We're very sorry to hear of any misunderstandings with your order. I have sent you a private message so we can look into this for you. Cheers, The Australian Wine.

Lou C.

Lou C.asked

Hello, can someone from The Australian Wine please explain how my order has been sent to the wrong address 3 (THREE) times and I have still not received any tracking number to track my delivery. Could someone from Australian Wines please explain how it takes a month and numerous phone calls and online chats to receive a case of NOTHING?? Can someone from The Australian Wines please explain how there is no accountability or management intervention when a customer repeatedly has to chase up an order placed and paid for weeks earlier. No communication, no intervention and no idea how to treat customers - that must be the mission statement from this poorly managed company. Here's a philosophy you might need to adopt going forward with your poorly structured business - "If you don't look after your customers, someone else will".

Hi Lou,

Im an terribly sorry that you haven't yet received your wines.

I agree that this is unacceptable.

I have sent you a message to assist you further with your inquiry.

Warm Regards

Amanda O

Amanda Oasked

Hi there, we ordered the 14 wines with two glasses and have not received our order. It was well over a week ago and when on the website it says we have no current orders. I’d appreciate a prompt response considering we paid $120 for not much. Thanks.

Felp
Felp

I totally agree with you. It happened to us as well. My husband called twice and couldn't get a clear answer.

Hello Amanda and Felp.

Thank you for your review.

Im sorry that you both haven't yet received your wines.

I will send you both a message separately to resolve this for you.

Warm Regards

Corey K

Corey Kasked

Is there a contract that you enter to join the club?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

See their website for basics

Get an answer from our members and The Australian Wine representatives