The Australian Wine

The Australian Wine (page 3 of 3)

Australian Wine Review

The offer involves mostly good wines usually at a decent price and home delivered, so it is a reasonable service

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hello Christopher, We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed the wines. We do have a 100% guarantee so if there are any wines that are not up to standard we can rectify this for you. Cheers, The Australian Wine Service.

Some Hits but Mediocre and Patchy

The Reds are often very young and undeveloped... some are very ordinary indeed.
Nonetheless, it's interesting to taste wines that are unusual from regions you wouldn't normally have easy access to.

The service on the telephone is excellent... really helpful, friendly people albeit with their 'script' to 'upsell'.
Tedious, at times.

The MOST annoying aspect is being (repeatedly) 'signed up' for the regular delivery model without being informed that it has happened. There's a transparent pattern to this... I guess The Australian is hoping customers will meekly accept the wines without asking too many questions?

Not me, I ask lots of questions.

Yes, but...

I very rarely buy mixed dozens. Instead, I prefer to buy a dozen bottles of a single type at a time. The Australian Wine takes no notice of my preference but continues to bombard me with offers of mixed dozens.

Wine & Liquor Shops

Find out how The Australian Wine compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Steven Coleman

Steven ColemanRochedale Sth

Good wine but my last order was not what I requested.

I ordered a carton of 15 of cab sav broken into 2 only labels. Instead got a carton that only had 1 of one label about half a dozen of my other preference and the rest stuff I didn't order. Not explanation. As it was the other wine is not bad.

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hi Steven, I'm really sorry to hear that! This is definitely not right. I have now sent you a private message and let's get this sorted for you.

Love the Song & Dance but salesmen can be too pushy

The salesman called me 5 times in about 2 minutes. I didn't answer at first because I was in a meeting. Then I walked out of the meeting because I thought it must be REALLY REALLY important. Just some salesman trying to meet a quota or something.

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hi Clare, Thank you for taking your time to give us the feedback. I'm really sorry to hear that, and I will definitely pass your feedback onto your wine advisor. Enjoy the lovely Song and Dance though. Thank you for your feedback again.

More variety please.

I would prefer to see different wines on offer. It always appearsto ne the same wines on offer, year after year. That is ok if that is all one wants, but I would prefer more variety, especially on the quality side.

Delivery takes forever

Kilkanoon mixed shiraz was not as good as sales rep advised or raved on about.

Also they sent 2 bottles completely different to what was agreed on over the phone so as to make up 15 bottle case.
Will give then one more go..........

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hi Spiro, I'm really sorry to hear that your delivery has taken too long and the 2 wrong bottles. I have sent you a private message and hopefully we can rectify this for you. Thanks!

VALUE ,MAYBE

The 2 packages that I have bought have been mixed in value and quality. The 1st mixed dozen of reds was well priced but there was a huge gap between the quality of the best wines to the lower quality bottles. I will call the lower qualities "stocking fillers" and because my wife and I only consume 4 to 5 bottles a month ,we are not interested in the stocking fillers..

Jonathan M.The Australian Wine

Hey Allan, Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear of the disappointment in your case, I have just sent you a personal message so we are able to rectify this for you. Cheers!

Whine about wine

Overall I am satisfied with the regular wine selection and delivery supplemented by occasional additional purchases of wines that tempt me BUT, that said, I am finding repetition in brands offered. The same old same old. Since becoming a member I have strayed recently to engage with other online suppliers that seem to have a broader eclectic range of taste temptations.

Wine & Liquor Shops

Find out how The Australian Wine compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Bugs

Bugs

Not quite perfect.

The selection ordered was a mixed dozen pinot gris/pinot grigio. The case delivered included two substitutions - one being an Italian grigio and the other a Rioja Gran Reserva. No Delatite. I'll wear it and the substitutions will probably be fine, particularly the Rioja, but that's not the point. Some warning and/or apology would have been welcome.

At Long Last Love

After 3 decades of experiencing the charms - and otherwise - of wine clubs , I met The Australian Wine Club . I don't know many of the labels . Sometimes I don't know the winery . But I do know that in 80% of bottles , its among the best reds I've ever had . And the other 20% are pretty good too

Failed to deliver

Suppose to have 4 free glasses delivered with wine. Availability of free glasses were confirmed by phone before placing order online. No glasses with delivery. This is the second time that this has happened. Not satisfied with lack of follow up by company.

Lou C.

Lou C.asked

Hello, can someone from The Australian Wine please explain how my order has been sent to the wrong address 3 (THREE) times and I have still not received any tracking number to track my delivery. Could someone from Australian Wines please explain how it takes a month and numerous phone calls and online chats to receive a case of NOTHING?? Can someone from The Australian Wines please explain how there is no accountability or management intervention when a customer repeatedly has to chase up an order placed and paid for weeks earlier. No communication, no intervention and no idea how to treat customers - that must be the mission statement from this poorly managed company. Here's a philosophy you might need to adopt going forward with your poorly structured business - "If you don't look after your customers, someone else will".

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hi Lou,

Im an terribly sorry that you haven't yet received your wines.

I agree that this is unacceptable.

I have sent you a message to assist you further with your inquiry.

Warm Regards

Amanda O

Amanda Oasked

Hi there, we ordered the 14 wines with two glasses and have not received our order. It was well over a week ago and when on the website it says we have no current orders. I’d appreciate a prompt response considering we paid $120 for not much. Thanks.

Felp
Felp

I totally agree with you. It happened to us as well. My husband called twice and couldn't get a clear answer.

Alex D.The Australian Wine

Hello Amanda and Felp.

Thank you for your review.

Im sorry that you both haven't yet received your wines.

I will send you both a message separately to resolve this for you.

Warm Regards

Corey K

Corey Kasked

Is there a contract that you enter to join the club?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

See their website for basics

Get an answer from our members and The Australian Wine representatives