The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store

2.4

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (66)

Benjamin K.

Benjamin K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2nd review update

well well my items arrived 18/9 from placing order on 7/9 but missing 1 item yep now i have to follow up and play the email game. They've responded within 48hrs, requested photos of invoice and the product with the the missing item, so sent through just that but the invoice i took a photo of is the one from my account but thats not what they want they want, they want the one that came with the package, Ah sorry guys you never sent an invoice with the package that's 2 fails on you. Quite obviously a badly setup buisness and just poorly run, when it's over i'm done with this joint.

Very good service

After placing my first ever order with this site and not receiving an sipping update after 48hrs I searched for some reviews some of which as per them below do not paint such a great image of this business and I thigh WTH but I must say I flicked them and email they responded within a couple of hours with tracking info and goods arrived in a reasonable time frame given the current national delays due to covid restrictions exacerbating Aus post back log so my experience was very positive.

Ben

BenEyre Peninsula, SA

Very happy a job well done

I felt the need to add my review after placing an order and reading the reviews online I was a little skeptical about my order. This is what happened, placed the order on 8th September, shipping information received on the 9th September and kept updated until delivery which was the 14th of September (2 days were the weekend aswell). Overall very happy with the experience and the product was excellently priced, great quality, free shipping and received packaged very well for transit what more could you ask for.
I feel too much is focused on the negative these days so very happy to put a good news story out there.

Great service and would be happy to buy from again.

Troy

TroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Caution on Click and collect service Carnegie

Called from outside store to arrange pick up at 1123 hrs. Advised could only pick up at 1145 hrs due to restrictions on customers is store. Process of clock collect was not explained. To note there were No customers in store at 1123 and were there any cars parked outside to suggest otherwise. I returned at 1145 only for staff member to walk to door and hand product to me. Completely unnecessary waste of everyone’s time.

Excellent customer service

Great customer service from Liz, insanely good prices, stocked up big time and even got a gift voucher included for store credit as a thank you for my patience. Will be shopping here again soon!

Scammed ! Would not recommended.

I bought a set of brake levers offthem(the shimano blr400s) and it’s been over a month now and I never got my item. They haven’t replied to my emails.. so unfortunate. They were $90 and they never refunded the money. I wouldn’t risk even attempting to purchase anything- there are other great Australia bike shops online.

Alex P.

Alex P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Super service

Rating should be higher. Excellent communication and quality of the product, good pricing, was surprised when everything arrived on the next day. Very happy. Looking to purchase more from them.

Bung E.

Bung E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They are selling items they don't have!!

Be prepared to receive a supposedly automatically generated email as all the rest of the reviewers below have stating "Unfortunately when we went to pack your order we could not fulfill the order as the stock was incorrect"
This business seems to be running a credit scam, taking orders with no stock. reporting to Victorian consumer affairs.

Ross

RossIllawarra, NSW

Excellent prices & delivery

I was concerned after I read the very poor reviews after I had my purchases. However, my order was dispatched and delivered as promised, with follow up emails to keep me informed of progress.

No confirmation email and no items, 8 weeks since order

Does anyone know a phone number for this company? I'm like everyone else, waiting for an email or my items to arrive since my 8th June order (now its 29 July),
I'd request a refund and cancel order but I don't think that would happen either!!

The worst online company in the world!

I ordered two items with this company 6 weeks ago - both items were "in stock" on their website and when I made contact with them to ask if they could be delivered to me by the required date, they guaranteed they could be. Six weeks later (5 weeks after I needed the items) I am STILL awaiting arrival. There is NO phone number to ring and only contact via email and that is slow. They will not cancel my order, even though it has not be shipped, and I have been by them that I can return the items, once they eventually arrive, and return them at my own cost. Never again will I use this company or recommend them.

Carlos M.

Carlos M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not buy !! Already reported at consumer affairs victoria

I bought 3 items 2 weeks ago, I just received templates as an answer trough email, no track number, no products delivered, already reported to consumer affairs victoria, don’t waste your money,

Awful, worst online bike shop.

Ordered a set of pannier bags. It has been two weeks and no notification of shipping. Tried to email but keep receiving automatic responses. It takes a special effort to have service this poor. No phone number of course.
Avoid like the plague. Food on me for not reading the reviews here first.

Dominic A.

Dominic A.Sydney, NSW

Shockingly bad service

Wow, it takes a special kind of disregard for their customers to provide service this poor. I should have read all these woeful reviews before purchasing . Twice I've purchased an item that they later said they didn't have in stock. Then when I suggested an equivalent replacement item of the same value, and asked them to ship to another address (having missed the boat to arrive in time at my home address), they got it wrong and have sent to the address I won't be at. When I let them know (by email as of course no phone number for these guys) that this was not ideal, they sent a rebuffing email that just said they can't change the address after it's been sent and if I don't like the item I should look at their returns policy. Ewwwww.

M Shannon

M ShannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Received all my items as ordered.

I ordered some tools, Stans sealant, and a Maxxis tyre on June 29 from bicyclestore and received my order today 7th of July. After the order I did not receive any confirmation until the Australia post tracking information came through. I googled the store name, came across the bad reviews and felt pretty sick. For me at least, it turned out unfounded, and as you can see from attached photo, I received everything as ordered. The bad reviews are certainly concerning and I'd be hesitant to order again if something locally here in Brisbane was available at a slightly more expensive price. That being said, I cannot fault them whatsoever for my particular order and give them 5 stars.

Don’t understand

Don’t understand why there company doesn’t have a phone line to actually help and address issues neither than going back and forth for weeks via emails.
Disappointed and wouldn’t order from them again.

Ashley

AshleySouth East Queensland, QLD

No communication!!

I made an order on the 23/06/20. Did not receive any confirmation although funds were deducted from my account. I've made many attempts to contact the seller but they refuse to answer.

Emma Murtagh

Emma MurtaghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor communication!!! still waiting running bare bottoms from 5 weeks ago.

Bought running bare maternity bottoms
From there online store 5 weeks still waiting. I constantly have to email to
Ask where they are, really poor. Terrible communication five weeks on
Still no bottoms!

Avoid this shop

Put in an order. 8 days later I sent a follow up email asking for an update on my order. I received a generic automated email. Still no product or response to further emails.

Pretty good

Came in time stuck to their word and no problems with them or the product.
Would recommend to friends and definitely buy again.
They got better prices then other bike shops which is really good.

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela
Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!