The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store

1.2

• Return Claim MadeYes (18) · No

Website not updated, no return comms, no phone number to call

Placed order 2/9, they responded from a 'no reply' email address on the 3rd stating some shoes weren't available, all OK but I responded to their Gmail acc on the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of Sep and have heard nothing back, all for a $560 order. Two other shops I ordered from delivered two to three days later. Am still down $560 after raising a Paypal complaint and MasterCard dispute so now I cant get anything, will never use them again.

Bluest Blue Box

Bluest Blue BoxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So bad! Read the reviews before you purchase!

OllieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sent wrong product

bought a number of items. One was a lock. They sent the wrong one (cheaper one) as they didn't have the other in stock, didn't even bother to adjust the invoice and was charged for the more expensive one. I requested a return and refund. After 3 days a return "sticker" was emailed as they only offered a 30% refund if I kept the inferior lock. I packaged it at my own cost and broke isolation to return it on the day. I emailed them asking when my refund will be issued with no response. A number of emails have been sent so far and still no response.
Other items they sent were as advertised and what i ordered. Initial correspondence for advice was prompt and polite.
Maybe next time I'll ask advise from them then buy elsewhere.

Ollie

Edit. Refund and apology has now been made.

Vinnie Pereira

Vinnie PereiraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I don't think they are scammers. They just have an awful customer service

Ruby

RubyMelbourne

Dodgey, scam artist!

Ordered a couple of items, heard nothing for two weeks. Got a couple of templated response but signed off with different names, products apparently not in stock but won't refund! They are ripping people off! Disgusting.

Avoid like COVID.... disgraceful service and no product still

Avoid like COVID.... disgraceful service and no product still. Find another source before you are left with nothing and chasing money.... should not be allowed to trade with service like this.

Anton

AntonSouth East Queensland, QLD

stay away don't be lewered in by the cheap prices!!

3 weeks item hadn't arrived, emailed wait a week no response, 16 days after opening PayPal dispute they send it. Giving up I bought elsewhere and now have two items.

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Liars and thieves

This bicycle store company has the exact same address as Red Hot Agencies Pty Ltd (velogear) ebay store. They did not have my purchased product in stock so offered alternative products for around same vlaue. I chose 3 products with same value but they decided to send only 1 of them and ripped me off. I paid $34 for azur top tube bag which other seller sell for $15. Worst case is ebay minimum wage filopino contact centre empoyees dont understand the issue.Case #:5232916387. Dont buy from bicycle store or velogear ebay store.

Stephen P.

Stephen P.Hobart, TAS

Very bad

This store has to be one of the worst online store around, they couldn't run a tap correctly.
they lie in their emails about everything and are just plain incompetent. i've had two dealings with them and both time they have screwed up both , PLEASE PLEASE BE WARNED

Find out how The Bicycle Store compares to other Bike Shops

Dodgy company different brand items

Hi i ordered vanquish butted handle bars $35 and a saddle robon seat, and when they finally arrived and took the items out of the packaging they had sent me a $20 zoom handle bars so i was disapointed i wanted the vanquish bars as they were reinforced and strong enough for were I ride as the cheap zoom bars are no good for off road or down hill riding totally defeats the purpose, i have emailed them and no response how dodgy so think twice before you order from them you might not get what you ordered.

Bob M.

Bob M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I will never use them... I got different brand item....

Hard to communicate with them as they take days to reply email and they dont have phone number. They didn't send the correct item.... as the item I bought was sold out they send me different cheaper brand which I could bought for half the price else where.... even after I complained and ask fill refund via few emails I still not heard back from them ....

Product arrived but when there was a problem...

Two months after returning a defective tyre I dont have a replacement. They refused to replace it themeselves and apparently sent it to the manufacturer as a warranty issue. Despite what it says on their website, they've also refused to refund the postage I had to pay to return it.

Danielle

DanielleMid North Coast, NSW

No help whatsoever

I purchased a bike rack... open it on Christmas Day and it fits ZERO from FOUR bikes, all of varying sizes. What a waste of $430! Now they won’t allow me to return it because I have opened the packaging and can’t return the box in pristine condition. I’m not sure how else they would like customers to check the rack and it’s suitable without opening the box. I was told one bike could have a conversion bar (that I would have to purchase for $45 per bar, per bike), but fail
to address the other three bikes. The conversion bar wouldn’t work anyway. Vanessa is rude and unhelpful. This business should not be in operation with such lack of care for customers and genuine service.

Sandwichmaker

Sandwichmaker

Do not order from this company

建华 张.

建华 张.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wrong size tyre received

Sent a wrong size tyre, which cost me two hours to find out. Contact the company, instant response at beginning asking for the delivery docs. Luckily, l kept it and sent to them. No response anymore. Plan to escalate to ACCC. I would never try a lucky draw from those small online shops anymore!

tim burgess

tim burgessHunter Region, NSW

Scammers

100% Scammers take our money no item months later, no response to emails & no contact number
Purchased a scooter and other gear for my sons first birthday which is tomorrow purchased a month ago and still nothing thanks alot. Item was in stock

Mark C

Mark CHunter Region, NSW

Very poor follow up service

I purchases a light set, pump and bell recently.
The quality of the products appeared good when they arrived.
The rear light worked well for a while then broke down.
The bell did not work from day one.
I then contacted them re replacement.
They have continually delayed, not answered emails, [Word Removed] in emails and simply ignored me.
A very disappointing experience.

Slow to no communication and customer service plus faulty product

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela
Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!