The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store (page 2 of 13)

2.5

Awful, worst online bike shop.

Ordered a set of pannier bags. It has been two weeks and no notification of shipping. Tried to email but keep receiving automatic responses. It takes a special effort to have service this poor. No phone number of course.
Avoid like the plague. Food on me for not reading the reviews here first.

Dominic A.

Dominic A.Sydney, NSW

Shockingly bad service

Wow, it takes a special kind of disregard for their customers to provide service this poor. I should have read all these woeful reviews before purchasing . Twice I've purchased an item that they later said they didn't have in stock. Then when I suggested an equivalent replacement item of the same value, and asked them to ship to another address (having missed the boat to arrive in time at my home address), they got it wrong and have sent to the address I won't be at. When I let them know (by email as of course no phone number for these guys) that this was not ideal, they sent a rebuffing email that just said they can't change the address after it's been sent and if I don't like the item I should look at their returns policy. Ewwwww.

M Shannon

M ShannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Received all my items as ordered.

I ordered some tools, Stans sealant, and a Maxxis tyre on June 29 from bicyclestore and received my order today 7th of July. After the order I did not receive any confirmation until the Australia post tracking information came through. I googled the store name, came across the bad reviews and felt pretty sick. For me at least, it turned out unfounded, and as you can see from attached photo, I received everything as ordered. The bad reviews are certainly concerning and I'd be hesitant to order again if something locally here in Brisbane was available at a slightly more expensive price. That being said, I cannot fault them whatsoever for my particular order and give them 5 stars.

Don’t understand

Don’t understand why there company doesn’t have a phone line to actually help and address issues neither than going back and forth for weeks via emails.
Disappointed and wouldn’t order from them again.

Tephy

Tephy

DON'T ORDER HERE!!

Fake store. Save your money and time and go elsewhere. Been a month now still and no dispatch. They keep coming up with excuses after excuses. Don't fall for the good prices. DON"T BUY HERE!

Just an absolute headache.

My order was for nearly $400 in parts and bits. I could write a descriptive timeline explaining the sheer lack of communication, missing parts in the order, not reading emails (my emails were all very simple and polite), a broken part and no stock for other bits.
After nearly 3 months of this, it was easier to give up and request a refund (fortunately it seems I've managed to get one, pending cleared funds) than deal with them anymore.
Their service and business practices are outstandingly terrible. I just cannot understand how this company is still active. Best of luck to them.

Ashley

AshleySouth East Queensland, QLD

No communication!!

I made an order on the 23/06/20. Did not receive any confirmation although funds were deducted from my account. I've made many attempts to contact the seller but they refuse to answer.

Avoid like COVID.... disgraceful service and no product still

Avoid like COVID.... disgraceful service and no product still. Find another source before you are left with nothing and chasing money.... should not be allowed to trade with service like this.

Emma Murtagh

Emma MurtaghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor communication!!! still waiting running bare bottoms from 5 weeks ago.

Bought running bare maternity bottoms
From there online store 5 weeks still waiting. I constantly have to email to
Ask where they are, really poor. Terrible communication five weeks on
Still no bottoms!

Find out how The Bicycle Store compares to other Bike Shops

Great helmet, great service, great price!

Not sure exactly why there are so many negative comments, this website provided an easy transaction and faster postage than expected especially during these hard times. Got exactly what I wanted. Package arrived with spare pads for each section of the helmet as well as a manual book. Would definitely recommend this website to friends and family. Thanks heaps for such a great product.

Avoid this shop

Put in an order. 8 days later I sent a follow up email asking for an update on my order. I received a generic automated email. Still no product or response to further emails.

Connor S.

Connor S.

AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COSTS!

Placed an order,
No confirmation email, had to request order number.
2 weeks later, still no shipping email or any contact despite sending multiple emails to them.
Have lodged a refund through PayPal.

Pretty good

Came in time stuck to their word and no problems with them or the product.
Would recommend to friends and definitely buy again.
They got better prices then other bike shops which is really good.

You will regret it.

Ordered a bunch of bike parts. After 3 weeks and no response to my emails I cancelled the order. The order was still send out at a later date! But incomplete! I asked for a refund, but they refused. Only a formal complaint to fair trading resolved the issue, even then they mucked me around. There is no phone number to call. It takes 3+ days for every email to be responded to. Shocking in every way. I would strongly advise u not to use this company.

Yogi L.

Yogi L.Far North Queensland, QLD

Never buy from here. How’s this site still running?

I purchased a helmet from the shop. 5 days later I was sent a email saying the helmet was not in stock. I was offered another colour or refund. After saying yes to another colour all communication has stopped! No email for shipping tracking and invoice. Paypal refunded has started.

Very Poor service

Ordered 250$ of bicycle items. Paid via paypal, never received confirmation of order. Received one mail from [name removed] (probably his real name is Chinese one) to say item was not in stock, since then Nothing. One month later they woke up. Goods on their way but very stressful to deal with. Eliza, at the end helped me...

Greg

GregCanberra 2600, ACT

Buyer Beware!

Zero customer service. Sends faulty products that you have to pay to return.
Lodge a case with PayPal to which they drag out for ever - and then, their policies basically means its a waste of your time following anything up.
Save your time and go somewhere that allows you to post feedback on their site/facebook. Closed shops like this dont because of really poor service.
Tough times and you treat people like this. You dont deserve to survive!

Anton

AntonSouth East Queensland, QLD

stay away don't be lewered in by the cheap prices!!

3 weeks item hadn't arrived, emailed wait a week no response, 16 days after opening PayPal dispute they send it. Giving up I bought elsewhere and now have two items.

Zsel

ZselSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't Buy From Them

NO communication NO service Extreme slow Deliveries
The worth company I have ever dealt with !!! Don't waist your time to send them an Email because thy don't reply.I received my purchase after I opened case on Paypal .Keep a way from them.

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Liars and thieves

This bicycle store company has the exact same address as Red Hot Agencies Pty Ltd (velogear) ebay store. They did not have my purchased product in stock so offered alternative products for around same vlaue. I chose 3 products with same value but they decided to send only 1 of them and ripped me off. I paid $34 for azur top tube bag which other seller sell for $15. Worst case is ebay minimum wage filopino contact centre empoyees dont understand the issue.Case #:5232916387. Dont buy from bicycle store or velogear ebay store.

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela
Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!