The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store (page 3 of 13)

2.5

Bought and paid : never got the goods

I purchased a helmet and some other items from their website. It turned out that the helmet was not in stock , so I was offered another colour. After saying yes, all communication has stopped! I have asked for my money back, to no avail.

KIM

KIMSydney, NSW

worst company ever! don't buy from here!!!!

returned the item 3 weeks ago and emailed over 20 times. they said refund has been processed but not. opened case on paypal. they asked me to close case on pp for a refund but I refused. worst company ever! don't buy from here

Nam T.

Nam T.New South Wales

A very dishonest business out to scam customers

JMC

JMCSydney, NSW

Almost didn't deliver.

They didn't bother to send my order till I emailed them eleven days later. No apology either. Contact your credit card and complain if they don't rectify or refund. Sure to see some action taken by credit card companies

cjheal

cjhealGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE

Absolutely the worst customer service ever.
I think I will have to drive to their physical address to arrange a refund.
Appalling communication - I wish I had read these reviews before ordering.

As bad as they say

Despite the reviews I decided to give this store a go, partly because the product was marginally cheaper here. Big mistake.

I ordered two tyres of the same size and of course they sent me one in the wrong size. Customer service took a while to respond and said they're sending me a shipping label (one person said via email, the other said via post). Two weeks later and there's no sign either way after multiple attempts at contact. Just want return the incorrect product but no answer anymore.

Stephen P.

Stephen P.Hobart, TAS

Very bad

This store has to be one of the worst online store around, they couldn't run a tap correctly.
they lie in their emails about everything and are just plain incompetent. i've had two dealings with them and both time they have screwed up both , PLEASE PLEASE BE WARNED

John R.

John R.South East Queensland, QLD

Sad customer service.

I’ve placed three orders in the last month. First order took a week to ship and other 2 weeks to arrive.
The second order: I was contacted 2 weeks after placing the order that one of my items was out of stock. I was told they would upgrade my item and express mail it to me. That was a week ago and it still hasn’t shipped. My third order was placed over a week ago, and I asked them to combine orders 2&3 and express them both. Now I’m being ignored.

Pushys and Bike Bug ship the next day, sometimes even the same day. TBS’s Service is unacceptable.

Also, the phone number (which isn’t on their website) is : 03 9587 8408. But surprisingly no one answers or calls you back....

Product as expected, good shipping

I was dubious after seeing all the negitive reviews after I had made my purchase, but I purchased a helmet on a Friday at midday, the order was packaged for shipping by the evening, and posted on the Monday. I received it a week later, it's exactly what I ordered, and I had no issues with contact.

Scam-artists! Stay Away!

Russell

RussellHarrison 2914, ACT

6 Days Just to Prep My Order fo Shipment.

It took 6 days just to get my order ready to be sent to me. No word, no nothing in that 6 days after taking my order. I understand that that delivery times are out side a companies control but this is not delivery issue but an internal supply chain issue. I have had wheelsets delivered to me in 3 days from the UK to regional Aust. Stick with MTB Direct, Wiggle and Chain Reaction if you can’t get what you need from your LBS.

John

JohnCentral Coast

TERRIBLE service, avoid at all costs

You place an order, they take your money, and then you never hear from them. No idea if the items you bought are actually in stock or on backorder. They've already exceeded their "ship within 1-3 business days" policy by a week and they ignore all email inquiries. NEVER AGAIN. There are too many good online bike shops to waste your time and money with these scammers.

Wayne

WayneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Service

Our order was received within what we considered was a reasonable time frame. All items we requested were received without any damage and packaging was most satisfactory. We would have no hesitation purchasing from them again.

If I could give no stars I would

I have contacted this company 3 times now after purchasing a bike nearly 3 weeks ago as a birthday gift. I received an email advising it was awaiting delivery and I would get tracking details within 1-5 business days. That was 14 days ago now and I have no idea whether the bike is in stock or whether I have been scammed.

If you are going to operate a business whose sole communication is email, have the courtesy to reply. It is very concerning and I would not recommend them!!

Mahogany
Mahogany

Advertised item for sale, took my money, told me later that they didn't have it in stock.

Went to their site to buy a new bike helmet, found the model and colour I wanted. It was advertised for sale and in stock. They write to me a week later saying they just happen not to have the item I wanted. Strange that - they were VERY happy to take my money. Offered me a refund or alternate product/colour. I wrote asking about another product and they just ignored me. I had to buy the item elsewhere and I've asked bicycle store for a refund. As all the reviews seem to say - really bad service indeed. I won't use them again.

Mick W

Mick WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Yeah, I got caught out too.. .

Usual story, didn't do my research because it was only a couple of wear and tear things I needed that came to less that $100. Two weeks later and no notice of receiving the order, packing or sending the items. A standard automated reply to emails.

Stay well away people, you need your money more than scammers do.

Luke2929

Luke2929SOUTH BRISBANE

Would give no stars if possible. Scammer alert! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Rednblack

RednblackBrisbane

Good price

Was shopping for two surly racks, this store had best price, i paid the $398.
Whilst waiting i read some reviews and became very concerned that i had lost my money.
I emailed the store and offered some alternative preferences to send in place of the racks as i was expecting to be told the racks were out of stock.

After about a week i got a shipping notification and my order was delivered three days later.

Cannot complain with the goods as they were perfect, or shipping as it was free.

Do not expect great communication as it seems to be lacking for whatever reason.

Pauline

PaulineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Placed an order 16 days ago and was charged $50 delivery for a dog carrier. I live 30 minute across town (Pick up not an option unfortunately). Awaited a week. After emailing them for information on when I might expect delivery I received a “tracking number”. After 8 days there has been no update on the Australia Post tracking number so I’m assuming the Bicycle Store are printing off shipping labels but not actually dispatching. Two days ago I emailed to ask them to confirm that my item had indeed left their premises....still waiting for a reply. Tried calling with no luck either. Save yourself the frustration and hassle*****AVOID The Bicycle Store ******

Terrible

Their website showed stock and I was expecting delivery within 2 to 3 days as most reputable companies offer.
Products still have not arrived 9 days later and I am now wondering if it will.
Pathetic!!!!

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela
Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!