The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store (page 4 of 13)

2.5

Nathan Sutherland

Nathan SutherlandHunter Region, NSW

Order from any other bike shop

I placed an order 15 days ago wrote them an email a week after placing the order asking them when it will be getting delivered ect and they were just horrible with replying took them days I had to write atleast 10 emails to get an answer out of them just for them to let me know yesterday that the bike I had ordered was out of stock and that they would refund me the money

Paverne

Paverne

Transaction went OK

Hamish

HamishGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor service

I ordered online 2 weeks ago. So far I have not received any items, not even an email with tracking details or any other communication to say there is any issue with the items I have ordered. I sent an email on Monday which was responded to Tuesday night saying that the order should have easily left the warehouse and they would chase up to see what the hold up is. I have not heard anything further even as I have replied to the email Wednesday morning with a follow up today. There are no other contact details for this business other than an email address.

Russell I.

Russell I.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Off to a shaky start

I was feeling uneasy about my purchase during the first week as I had not received any acknowledgment, as in receipt, or dispatch information. I wrote an email to The Bicycle Store via their website but received no reply. I decided to go back to PayPal to see if they thought that was normal or not. That email just got forwarded on to the store. I have now received my items am very pleased with My purchases. My issue is not with the website or the products, just the lack of follow up correspondence. Hence, for this reason, I will not be using them again

DanielaSydney, NSW

Very misleading listings and worst customer service!

Dodgy company different brand items

Hi i ordered vanquish butted handle bars $35 and a saddle robon seat, and when they finally arrived and took the items out of the packaging they had sent me a $20 zoom handle bars so i was disapointed i wanted the vanquish bars as they were reinforced and strong enough for were I ride as the cheap zoom bars are no good for off road or down hill riding totally defeats the purpose, i have emailed them and no response how dodgy so think twice before you order from them you might not get what you ordered.

Bob M.

Bob M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I will never use them... I got different brand item....

Hard to communicate with them as they take days to reply email and they dont have phone number. They didn't send the correct item.... as the item I bought was sold out they send me different cheaper brand which I could bought for half the price else where.... even after I complained and ask fill refund via few emails I still not heard back from them ....

Sean W

Sean WSydney, NSW

Would never use again, was not a once off

Product arrived but when there was a problem...

Two months after returning a defective tyre I dont have a replacement. They refused to replace it themeselves and apparently sent it to the manufacturer as a warranty issue. Despite what it says on their website, they've also refused to refund the postage I had to pay to return it.

Find out how The Bicycle Store compares to other Bike Shops

I bought several items and am very happy with them. Items all arrived promptly, as described with no issues. Great communication from company (Eliza) via email. Happy to purchase from them again
Thanks!

Poor customer service

I was notified twice that the item I ordered was not in stock. Once my order was posted they sent the incorrect item and they've not responded to any of my emails!

David K

David KSE Queensland

No response on warranty matter

Bought a bike computer 10 months ago and it's failed. I contacted them to ask how I can obtain a replacement and no reply. I have contacted them again via email and still no reply. There's no phone number on their website so not many options left. Feel ripped off!

Kayne B.

Kayne B.Sydney, NSW

Terrible Customer Service

I ordered a bike on the weekend and on Monday I was sent an email saying they didn't have the bike in stock and that I could select another model.
That's fine, it happens. I sent a response selecting another model but have heard nothing back since. Every email I have sent since (10 in total over 3 days) has been routinely ignored. I have no idea what product I am getting or when (or if) I am getting it?
They have no phone number to call so I have no choice but to wait until someone decides that a paying customer is allowed a simple response.
Pathetic.

Danielle

DanielleMid North Coast, NSW

No help whatsoever

I purchased a bike rack... open it on Christmas Day and it fits ZERO from FOUR bikes, all of varying sizes. What a waste of $430! Now they won’t allow me to return it because I have opened the packaging and can’t return the box in pristine condition. I’m not sure how else they would like customers to check the rack and it’s suitable without opening the box. I was told one bike could have a conversion bar (that I would have to purchase for $45 per bar, per bike), but fail
to address the other three bikes. The conversion bar wouldn’t work anyway. Vanessa is rude and unhelpful. This business should not be in operation with such lack of care for customers and genuine service.

Wardie44

Wardie44Grenfell

Great prices with only slight issue

I was really interested in a particular helmet, of which they said there was just one left in stock in my size and the colour I wanted. By email, I asked if they would hold the helmet until I was able to place the order and pay for it. The lady said 'yes' but I had an issue with the payment page online. Again via email, I mentioned the problem to them and it was fixed. I received the order within their time limit and all the items were as described. The only issue I had was that it took 5 days from the time I placed the order for it to leave their warehouse. I consider this out of step with current expectations.

Gus

GusHunter Region, NSW

Avoid at all cost

Items on website that they don't stock. I was told my order was being prepared for shipping, than a few days later was told that actually they didn't have the items in stock but offered me to choose something else from their store for a lower value. They don't respond the emails timely, there is no phone number or address to contact the. Seems like a very dodgy "business" In the mean time I'm still waiting for a refund.

James M.

James M.West Arnhem, NT

Perfect Service and products!

Bought a second-hand bike so didn't want to spend much money on new tubes and tyres. Found this company online with very good prices. Everything was displayed clearly on the website, payment was easy and postage was quick. I had to ask a question and the team came back quickly and were very helpful to ensure I bought the correct sizes.

Johnny the Boy

Johnny the BoySydney, NSW

Be warned, don't buy from this company

Fire review

Fire review

Great customer service

I ordered the incorrect wheel, and the bicycle store allowed me to return and refund.

I would have preferred to have a phone number, but my emails were responded to quickly and I can only recommend.

first order with the bicycle store

just received my first order from the bicylce store.Pearl Izumi bibs and an old school cateye battery powered light. glad i did not read reviews first. i found pricing to be excellent, delivery times were great and both products im very impressed with. will in fact make another similar order soon. very happy customer :)
thanks again !

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!