The Blind Factory

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (2)

Fake basswood shutter, no certificate, fake material

They sell fake "basswood" plantation shutter, they gave the cheapest quote and end up with a Timber Composite, which is basically a shutter with a thin outer layer of timber, but the inside is made up of another material glued together to make the panel, frame and slats. So while it looks like solid timber from the outside, it is actually made of many materials. within a few weeks, everything started go wrong, warping louvers/slats, inconsistent paint finishes, shutters coming off hinges...they can't provide material "certificate of origin", this company deserves a zero rating.

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible communication and poor customer service!

I have been waiting 121 days from check measure (26 June) for 1 x external ziptrack blind to be installed on a window (deposit paid 2 June). This company has provided no communication regarding my order such as progress unless I contact them. I have been contacting this company regularly (via phone & email) but yet to receive any commitment regarding my install.
Overall a very disappointing experience and I won't be using them again.

John

JohnMelbourne

Good product but Very poor customer service

Got amplimesh security door from them as my contact was forwarded to them . Very quick to come out to do initial site quote. Installer was supposed to come out to do site measure once deposit was paid but waited 2 weeks and no one called to arrange it .Had to call to chase up for that. George the sale rep that came out felt like he was only interested in getting the job, very poor follow up from then after deposit was paid ended up waiting 2 months for the door to be installed (Had to chase it up as well ) and they installed it with the incorrect lock that I ordered. Communication from sales to installation team very poor. Was going to get other doors done but I am not going with them again .

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Alina M.The Blind Factory

Thanks John. Apologies that the experience wasn't as good as it should have been. We have addressed this internally. Thank you again for your feedback.

Never use Coles

Never use Coles

Gave me a quote, took my deposit then refused to do the job.

These guys gave me a quote, took my large deposit then refused to do the job. That's very unprofessional. I won't deal with them again and suggest you don't either.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Alina M.The Blind Factory

Ordered blinds that was defective

Blinds were defective as it didn't block out the sun. Bad service and sponsors bad radio hosts. Tried to get them to rectify the problem but they asked me to shove it.

Lia

LiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible!

Our appointment with Andrew is at 11am. He texted me at 11:08 saying that he’s on his way. Didn’t even bother to apologise. 55mins later still no sign of him. No phone call, no text nothing! I called him and he said he was stuck in traffic & as usual didn’t apologise. All he said was he couldn’t do anything. Understand you stuck in the traffic but at least call us and let us know. TERRIBLE SERVICE even before we start!

Rhonda MAU

The Blind Factory-Wooden Plantation shutters

ok

blinds were ready beyond the 3-4 weeks, when they were delivered one was not checked and had to be replaced, the extra rack required did not come with the blinds, had to ask for the repositioning of the chain controls

No Blinds For Me

I organised an appointment with Tanya for Friday 21 September several weeks ago, prior to travelling overseas. Got a text from her today advising that management had called an all day sales meeting for Friday 21 September and she would have to reschedule. As I am unavailable during the rest of that week, I’ve had to cancel the appointment as I can’t take any more time off work. Very poor form, obviously, a sales meeting beats a whole house of blinds hands down.

Don't expect the truth.

Call after call and all you get is we told up there was a problem or we just found out. Not once have I believed there story. Months waiting for blinds and just not our fault it's late. Well it must be my fault. Well I agree. I should never have used this company.

Shocking Customer Service - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Disappointed! Big time

Lara

LaraMelbourne

Poor service that will continually disappoint!!!

I ordered 2 block out blinds, a simple job. It took 4 attempts of installation and each time it was wrong (cut incorrectly, wrong chain etc). They needed constant following up, a 6 week turn around ended up being 3 months. Management was very poor at rectifying this and offered no compensation, a very weak apology. Will never use them again and certainly voice my opinion to others, so they do not have to put up with extremely poor service and expense.

Winslow

WinslowMelbourne

They took my$$$$$ but no product installed!!!

I have been waiting for 7 weeks for my awnings. They demanded a 40% deposit and advised verbally and in writing that it would take 3-4 weeks to have my awnings installed. 7 weeks have passed and they still cannot give me a date and time for the job to get done. I do not recommend this company! And I would never do business with them ever again! Poor service and lies!!!!

Nothing but problems from the blind factory

Ordered 10,000 dollars worth of blinds for the whole house. Had nothing but issues. Holes on every blind and curtain. They said will replace. Technician came to replace but no one told him to pick the blinds up from there warehouse. We live 2 hours from there warehouse. Came back a week later and still had holes in curtains. Not a good company to deal with. Never again. The whole estate knows about it and will not use them. Next time I will get a little family owned company.

Hi Max,
Can you please call our office on 132546 and ask for Anthony as I would like to get further details from you. Thank you.

Anthony

Disgusting service

Customer service terrible. Need a repair on fairly new blinds and was told that the warranty was void as I'm not the original purchaser!! I purchased a unit 6 months ago, the previous owner put nice new blinds in, now one needs a warranty repair, the company doesn't want to know me! Will never tell anyone who installed them as i do often get asked.

Alina M.The Blind Factory

Apologies for not replying sooner. Please let me know your details and we can assist you.

Can you please call us on 132546 and ask for Sue.

Poor All Round

Purchased 2 plantation shutters for our front room, after they took our deposit and installed the shutters one of the shutters did not sit flush on the window and they box the frame out which looked pathetic. They attempted to fix the window shutters 3 times as was told this was the best they could do. I suggested they take the shutter and refund my deposit they agreed not to pay the balance. 1 year on I have splits in the shutters as they are not level. Spoke to the owner [name removed] and he is refusing to come out and fix the problem as he now mentions the warranty is void. Poor service and terrible arrogance from the business owner. Refuses to take the blinds back and repair the window frame they have damaged.

BazMelbourne

Waste of time.

Spent hours of my time to twice get into Cremorne store to look at and select blinds for a new house nearing completion with about 35 windows to furnish with a variety of blinds
Was asked to supply my plans to rep and spent more time doing diagrams and numbering windows as asked for by rep to give estimate
After emailing plans and diagrams 3 times and following up on each occasion by phone, i was assured someone would get back to me with quote/estimate and have never once had a the courtesy of a reply
I got onto their website to supply feedback to them and have never heard back
Total waste of my time and will now look elsewhere

Alina M.The Blind Factory

Dear Baz, we are very sorry you have had such a negative experience. We would value the opportunity to discuss the detail with you further? Please provide your contact details if this suits you. Thank you in advance, Sarah.

Thanks for your reply

Steve g

Steve g

Poor customer service.

Rang this company gave 7 days notice for a quote as it is a rental property got stuffed around by the rep
And then demanded I be their at another time
i laughed and said think i swore because sick of getting stuffed around
Total waste of time ringing this place

People are great

People we dealt with were great, but when we wanted to do more business, and negotiate a better deal,
The Blind Factory seemed a bit arrogant, with the reply; therefore we will not be expanding on the order, buy ordering valances.

Paul A.

Paul A.asked

Do you supply and install venition blinds

Joan
Joan

I arranged for block out blinds and see out blinds that cannot be seen in from outside only.

TJK

TJKasked

Do you have knife hinges as an option (they fit top and bottom edges and are less obvious than butt hinges)?

Suzie Galea
Suzie Galea

Hi there
Sorry I’m really not sure as they were done for my mums home not mine.

isabellarussoasked

To whom it may concern, I have always loved your jingles but your latest one regarding ‘iso’ now has to be removed because it has been distressing me to be reminded about our new harsh lockdown restrictions just released yesterday. I’m sure I’m not the only who feels this way. I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding my concerns. Regards Isabella

Hi Isabella,

We too find the lockdown difficult and we wish everyone enduring the process our best wishes for the coming weeks.

For individuals and business's, the extended lockdown announced by the Government last Sunday will be a challenge that we all now need to get through as best we can.

However, be assured that our radio ads are not intended to be distressing to you.

Our ads are intended as a light hearted interval to the day and a chance to do a little sing along. However, we will adjust this song as soon as we can, so hopefully you too can have a little sing along when the ad comes on again !

Take care and all our best,

The Blind Factory Team

isabellarusso

Thank you so much for your caring and understanding comments. I look forward to hearing more wonderful ads.

Regards
Isabella

isabellarusso

Hi again, your new jingle is great - I love it! Thank you for your compassion during these trying times.

Kind regards