The Body Shop Vitamin E

The Body Shop Vitamin E

2.3

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (0)
  • Skin Type

Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeOily Skin
iamabeetle

iamabeetleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed in this product

I purchased some Vitamin E cream from The Body Shop and although I don't have sensitive skin, upon application of this cream, my skin starts to sting. I absolutely love their other products though.

Lou

LouDiss

Skin is sore dry and red

I received some body shop vitamin E moisturiser for Xmas and used it for 3days and my skin has got more dry patches on it than there was before using it and been red and burning all day since day 3 of use. So won't be using it any more. I also received other vitamin E body shop items with it in a gift set, I have used the body wash no problems with any other part of my body just my face, bit wary of trying the other part of the gift set now. I thought as these were from the body shop they would be good but clearly not. Even says for all skin types on products. But clearly not the case.

Cleansers and Exfoliators

Find out how The Body Shop Vitamin E compares to other Cleansers and Exfoliators

Tania

TaniaCanberra

vitamin e cream from the body shop is like napalm with a touch of Chernobyl

My skin reacted like it was on fire within seconds. Vitamin e products from the body shop is the only product in the store I react to.
I don't have sensitive skin, but after this it became sensitised for a while.

LFMF: Do a spot test before lathering it on your skin.

Body shop replaced the products without issue for aloe Vera range which is excellent.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

I think it varies from person to person on how they react to all products. My friend loves the vitamin E lip balm, but I got a terrible aftertaste, so I won't buy it anymore.
I just read another review didnt have any horrible taste from the lip balm, I had just the opposite. It went on okay, but it gave a bittery taste in a few seconds and I have never used it again. (I did try using it a couple of times over several days, but it didnt go on smoothly and I still had a horrible taste in my mouth).
Price, its soo expensive and there is never a sale here. I cannot buy the Vitamin E lip balm because of the taste I got in my mouth after I used it.

janeyj

janeyjSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

Great lip balm with SPF15, without horrible taste. Works better on my lips than most others - petroleum products dry out my lips. The only lip balm better is the Body Shop hemp lip balm. These 2 are the only lip balms which can heal my cracked lip overnight. Gives matte finish, doesn't look shiny or oily.
The Vit E lip balm heals chapped lips quickly, keep them soft, smooth, has SPF 15. No unpleasant taste. Matte look.
Expensive.

lil_lazza

lil_lazza

OK

I love these moisturiser creams, my skin is very soft and smooth. The cleanser also removes all makeup it is very efficient. Leaves skin feeling very soft. The toner seems very watery and doesnt seem to do anything. Wish the products would be cheaper because they are quite dear
i love the moisture creams. lovely smell and very light and non greasy on the skin. They leave my skin feeling very soft and smooth and also is a great base underneath makeup
price. body shop products are never on sale. I wish the moisturisers were in a bottle rather than a tub.

Prettypearls

Prettypearls

OK

Its a great product overall as it provides moisture and hydration to the skin. Though I think there are more affordable products that does the same which includes more product for less price.
I used the Vitamin E Moisture Cream which has a nice smell and light texture. Moisurises and hydrates the skin to give a healthy glow.
Can be expensive considering I moisurise a lot and often which means I would need to purchase this product often.

memeng

memengNot Australia nor New Zealand

Bad

Many years ago Body Shop used to be good in making "natural" products. Nowadays they're not much different to other skincare/bodycare brands out there, ingredients wise, as there are many man-made chemicals in the products if you can be bothered reading the ingredients list. I do like their non-animal testing policy.

The creams aren't that fabulous. For what it is I would rather buy pure vit. A drops/creams from the chemists, cheaper and more natural.
Girly pink packaging. Big range of products. Lovely scent, lovely texture.
Too heavy for hot/humid summer, can find cheaper products that works better.

Cleansers and Exfoliators

ferncorp

ferncorp

Good

I have used the body lotion and it is fantastic in summer or winter. The SPF15 day moisturiser is also good although could be abit heavy during summer. The night cream is very moisturising but also could be abit heavy in summer. Excellent products for cooler and winter months
This is a good quality product, like all products from the Body Shop. And you know you have not ripped off anyone (thanks to their fair trade policy) or hurt anything (thanks to their no animal testing policy)
Not much except that on hot days, this product may be a little too heavy for someone with combination skin which goes a little more oily in the summer.