The Book Depository

The Book Depository (page 2 of 34)

Renata

RenataSydney, NSW

BEWARE - this place has turned shonky

Ordered six books for over A$200 on 6 November and they were, apparently, all shipped a few days later. Yet, only two arrived. When queried after four weeks, they first tried to pin it on me by suggesting that the address was wrong. When that does didn't fly, they suggested that the parcel was at the post office. When that turned out to be a dud, they suggested I should keep waiting for the order to arrive. When I requested a refund, they said they had resent the books. That was two weeks ago and, again, no delivery.
This place used to be good but has turned shonky. BEWARE.

Kitty

KittySydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Caroline

Caroline

Cancelled half order (first book of a series of 3) and refuses refund

Book depository the treatment off your customers is terrible. After a two week delay in dispatching my order despite an apparent 3 day dispatch time and no communication of this delay. They have sent two books of the three i ordered and cancelled the other order without my permission. The book they cancelled is the first book in the series of three... rending the other two books useless. Ive requested a full refund for all the books because i cant use the other two books without the first, they have refused and had the cheek to only offer me 10 percent off a future order. What about my almost 50 dollars?
The handling of my complaint has not been good and full of false promises and im still left without a christmas present for my daughter

Worst business I have encountered so far

Received multiple items that were damaged and had to send in a claim. They offer a small 20% discount to try save cost, however, just ask for your money back or a replacement and they will give it to you. This is because it is the law. Takes for ever for the books to arrive. I have also never wrote an online review of a company before since it is mostly a waste of time but I took the time to do it this time since I have never been so disappointed in my life.

Megs

Megs

Terrible

I ordered books for Christmas presents as it was stated on the website dispatch within Aus within 4 days.
It's now been 12 days I emailed BD for an update just to be told that they have none in stock and trying to find the books I ordered from another supplier? If I hadn't of emailed I would still be waiting hoping I'll receive the books I ordered prior to Christmas.
There customer service is terrible, they false advertise on there website.
Don't order from this online shop because you'll never receive your order.

Satisfactory

I ordered a book from the UK to Australia. While I was waiting, I read the reviews and was pretty skeptical about it being delivered on time, or rather, even being delivered at all. However, I got my book in 10 working days, though they had mentioned 5-8 working days.
The quality of the book and the customer service is great. On the eighth day, when I told them I hadn't received my book, they offered to send me a replacement copy, but fortunately I got my book on the tenth day. I would recommend this website if you are in no hurry to get your book.
Good luck ! :)

They lost my book. Australia Post went out of their way to help me find my book but BD didn't try and didn't care. They have my money. I have no book.

Dani H.

Dani H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not trust on the delivery time

Website say 5-8 days delivery. I have requested almost a month ago to have on time for my holidays and they just place the order today and of course is not gonna work for me :(
Poor customer service as well

Pisces

PiscesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

If you are from Australia and ordering from the UK, it takes about 5-8 days to have your books shipped to your after its dispatcheted. It has been way past that the 8 day mark and nothing has come to me. Dont bother ordering from..unless you like your money to go waste, then go right ahead ..

Pros : The availability of books
Cons : Shipping, delivery and customer service.

Overall rating : 0.5/10

RGM

RGM

Prices, delivery times and service are not great

The biggest issue with BD is that compared to Amazon or any other big player, they fail to deliver on any front. Orders take days and weeks to process, delivery itself is several weeks, so you could be waiting month or more to get your book. As prices are not the cheapest, there is no real reason to use BD - Amazon way better.

David Canberra

David CanberraCanberra

Poor quality control, slow customer service

I ordered an expensive book 2 months ago and it arrived in a damaged condition. It looked like used shop stock and plastic wrapped it because the cover was a bit ripped, but under plastic.
Since then Ive been following up, but they just say theyre processing their response to my complaint. Im about ready to claim on my credit card insurance.

I find it puzzling that its owned by amazon, who are usually OK. It puts me off the whole company.

One star too many

Times have changed

The Book Depository has changed from a customer friendly and efficient company into an incompetent and ruthless one. They fail to take responsibility for their mistakes and are not responsive to genuine customer concerns. This new business model will not work for them in the long-term. In recent times, books have not arrived or have arrived in a poor condition. Most recently, I ordered a three book set and only two of the books were delivered. Volume 1 was missing. They expect me to pay for the return postage for the other two and demand packing slips etc. (which is not a legal requirement in Australia). Avoid like the plague.

kareen

kareen

Life is better with dogs 2020 calendar

This calendar is terrible quality and wasnt cheap ! Some degree of quality control should be applied. I bought this as a gift but is looks cheap and nasty as though someone has run it off on their printer at home.

LalaLulu

LalaLuluSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent range of books

Have been buying my books from this online store for years. Never had any problems. Always have the latest books at really good prices. They are always quick to post orders out.

LeaKa

LeaKaVictoria

Used to be great, now would never use them

Norma

NormaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Healthy Vegetarian Cookbook

Beautiful colour cover on the book but inside all pictures of the meals were in black & white. Three months later I am still waiting on refund. Very dissatisfied customer service experience.

S.A.G.

S.A.G.Victoria

Book buying

Almost always have the books I am looking for, the book depository is my first stop always. Especially stock books that cant be found anywhere, they came recommended from a family member. Fast free postage to Aus from Uk.

Freya C.

Freya C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not place a pre-order with Book Depository

poor customer service, false claim on order processing and dispatch