The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

• Supports back and stomach

• Small and compact

• Made from breathable Japara cotton

cait
caitSydney, NSW

Hasn't lived up to expectations yet

I purchased this pillow after reading MANY positive reviews but since I started using, I cannot say I have had a more comfortable nights sleep, I am currently 7.5months pregnant. For the amount paid I am kind of disappointed in the flimsiness of the filling and the pillow doesn't hold its shape well- it seems to scrunch itself up and roll as and when I turn during my sleep. I agree that it is compact and not taking up a majority of the bed like other pregnancy pillows but I feel it could be a bit more "robust" and feel like you're getting almost $100 worth of pillow. I will continue to try and use this for the remainder of my pregnancy but I do not see myself having the same success as many other women appear to be having!

Purchased in April 2021 for $90.00.

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

Love the design but not suited for me

Love the concept of back + belly support design however, Not comfortable at all. Would be more suitable if it was wider where you lay between considering its not a one size fits all since body shapes and bump sizes vary.Some people require more width, being supportive is one thing it’s uncomfortable for me to be comfortable/rolling over to change sides im sleeping on due to not being wide enough so in this case it really isnt comfortable for my bump & disappointment i wasted the $$

Purchased for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Kee, we're so sorry to hear that the Butterfly doesn't seem to be working for you. We have sent a private message so we can assist you in getting this issue resolved.

Other Body Pillows

Dee
DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not for me unfortunately.

I purchased the pillow to help me stop rolling onto my belly and back but I just don’t find it comfortable at all. I am finding my back and belly get sore and my hips ache after only using it for a short time and I have to kick it out of the bed.

The pillow is a fantastic idea but I think being larger there isn’t enough room between the cushions to make it comfortable.

I have given it 2 stars but it is not a reflection of the company or the idea of the pillow it is just that it didn’t for me unfortunately.

Purchased in December 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $90.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Dee, thanks for your feedback, we will be taking this into consideration to look at improving the product for future mums-to-be. We have also issued you a full refund as part of our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Body Pillows

Find out how The Butterfly Maternity Pillow compares to other Body Pillows

Melinda
MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn’t recommend for bigger bellies

Quality pillow without a doubt! I had high hopes for this product but I personally wouldn’t recommend this for women after 25+ weeks or with bigger bellies. Being pregnant of course it took a while to find the comfy spot with this pillow but I will admit I only tested this pillow for 3 nights but It actually hurt my belly and back and I would have to stop using it during each night and wasn’t worth further pain. In my opinion not worth the money unfortunately, would definitely suit early pregnancy

Purchased in July 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Melinda! Thanks so much for your feedback. We are looking into having two sizes in the future however I have privately messaged to see if we can help resolve your issues! Thanks so much. Butterfly Maternity x

Sadly it is so far not working

I love the concept but for me I sadly keep waking up on my back despite the pillow. I am 22 weeks so will keep persisting to see if it helps later in pregnancy.
I have also seen the equivalent (identical looking/description) far cheaper on e-bay since. Obviously can't comment on the comparative quality.

Purchased for $100.00.

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Kate
Kate

Didn’t work for me

This didn’t quite work for me.

The gap between the pillows is quite narrow, so it lifted me up on my side when I lay on it, not just at my belly. I found this uncomfortable. I’m a size Au 12-14 and 7 months pregnant (so not enormous) - but perhaps it works better for smaller people.

Also, for me, the pillows are not high enough to stop me from rolling over (the main reason I purchased). I wake up on my back, on top of the pillow.

Purchased in January 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Didn’t work for me

Unfortunately this pillow isn’t working for me. I was so excited to get it to hopefully have a good nights sleep but I’ve been using it now for about 2 weeks and still I’m in pain at night, hips, thighs, back etc I thought I’d wait a little bit before writing a review. I don’t know why it’s not working for me but it’s safe to say not everything is going to work for everybody. It’s good that it works for others but not for me. I didn’t mind spending the money if it worked but oh well will just have to deal with it until baby arrives.

Drea

Thank you! I haven’t been contacted yet from anyone.
Regards
Andrea

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Andrea, please check your private inbox on product review!
Kind regards, Ultimate Pillows

Ell
Ellasked

I'm interested in trying this but has anyone found they also need knee support? If so what did you use? Any recommendations?

Emma
Emma

Hi Ell, I just put a normal pillow between my legs if needed. I’m 25 weeks and find I can still get a good nights sleep without my butterfly pillow but i suspect I will need it in third trimester .

Melly
Melly

I agree with Emma, definitely recommend some sort of knee pillow. A normal pillow will definitely do the job. I used the butterfly pillow to support my belly and that helped my hips a bit too. Nothing will make you 100% comfy to sleep while pregnant lol

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Ell, thanks for reaching out! We find many mums love using a pillow between the knees in addition to the butterfly supporting your side sleeping. Alternatively, if you wish for just bump support some mums-to-be turn the butterfly sideways to support both the knees and bump at the same time!

Anonymousasked

I bought the pillow recently and have tried it for over a week now. However I'm still finding it difficult to get a good position. I toss and turn a lot during my sleep and the pillow hasn't prevented me from doing so, so far. I still wake up with back aches and it's just been uncomfortable. I really like the quality and materials and I think it supports my belly well so I'm trying to persevere with it for my back. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and petite/short, and my main areas of soreness are my mid back. I've reached out to customer service but haven't gotten a reply yet. Was wondering if you could help me out?

Anna
Anna

I have found the past few weeks I’m better without the pillow. When I do need it, I place it behind my back only as support and this helps. Move the pillow to suit your bodies need. You don’t always have to support back and belly as such. Eventually I know I’ll need it for my belly again though. (16w3d)

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your experience Anna :) How do you position it behind your back in a way that supports it?

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry that you haven't had the best experience with your Butterfly so far. I have messaged your Product Review account privately to go through the steps on how to best position yourself and ways we can help better your experience using your pillow.

Thanks so much
Tahlia x

ShivangniS
ShivangniSasked

Hi, I just wanted to know does this pillow give support to plus size women? I’m 19weeks and I’m plus size, I will be gaining more weight as time goes so just wanted to make sure that I will have that support.

Meg
Meg

I am plus size and yes! It's definitely big enough!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for reaching out. We have mums of all sizes using them from 20 weeks all the way to full-term and even after for breastfeeding support. Our pillows are a one size fits most, however, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you do buy one, try it out and see how it goes, if it’s not right just message me and I’ll be happy to issue a full refund!

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features:

• Wedge-shaped design supports lower back and stomach
  • Made from Japara cotton, which is an especially comfortable material
  • Smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity, so they’re compact enough to take travelling
  • 12-month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the pillow

Points of praise for the Butterfly Maternity Pillow:

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it was designed to provide support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit on the bed and didn’t feel bulky and intrusive
  • Many women were happy that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Winner of the 2021 ProductReview Award for the Body Pillow category, the Butterfly Maternity pillow has won over many pregnant women with its comfortable design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows