The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

• Supports back and stomach

• Small and compact

• Made from breathable Japara cotton

This is ok, but expected a bit more support

Tried this pillow based on recommendations online. I was looking for something that would reduce the likelihood of sleeping on my back, however, I found that I often will still wake up on my back, despite using the pillow.

Purchased in June 2021.

Sarah
SarahDarwin, NT

I finally can sleep better!!!

The pillow is great, however i wish it was a little more plump. Great size, doesn't get in the way of hubby. No longer 'accidently' sleeping on my stomach or back which is great. And I can finally get some decent sleep.

Purchased in April 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Other Body Pillows

Julia B
Julia BSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s okay. I expected more for the price

It’s okay but it’s just very firm and kind of high/thick so I struggle to find a comfortable position.
The service was excellent though and delivery super quick! It’s just not that comfy

Purchased in February 2021 for $98.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your review, we've messaged privately to see if we can assist with using the pillow better!

Body Pillows

Find out how The Butterfly Maternity Pillow compares to other Body Pillows

Perhaps just not the right thing for me

The butterfly pillow was beautifully packaged and arrived quickly (and with the sweetest gift inside- thank you!) but unfortunately I’m not 100% sure it’s the right thing for me yet.
I have quite bad SI joint pain and was hoping this would bring me some relief but it doesn’t seem to help much as yet. I’m 21 weeks pregnant and hoping as my belly grows it will give me the support I need. I’m persisting with it as I think the design is good and quality is great. Just not the immediate relief I was hoping for!

Purchased in January 2021 for $99.00.

Too smalp

My fiancé bought me this pillow for Christmas after I’d asked him to purchase for me. I was disappointed by the size of the pillow though, the photos defiantly make it look much bigger and with a growing bump I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to use it

Purchased in December 2020 for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Danielle! Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear the pillow wasn't the right fit for you. We have messaged you privately to see if we can assist or if not we will organise the return as we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
P_N
P_NPeel, WA

Not loving it yet.

I got this pillow as I was struggling with sleep & I am sleeping a lot better but I just can’t seem to find a the perfect place to place the pillow as of yet! I really wanted to love it & hopefully the bigger my bump gets the more comfy it will get. 24weeks atm)

Purchased in November 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $81.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your feedback! We've messaged you privately to assist with using your Butterfly!

AnnaPerth, WA

Too soft : Since edited!

I bought this early into my pregnancy and was great at the beginning especially for m back. Now at a little over 5 months I feel it doesn’t give enough support for my belly and I have to put another pillow underneath it.

Edit: I was contacted by the company and was offered fantastic customer service. They kindly sent me out the newer edition which is much more supportive and comfortable. I do feel this will last further into my pregnancy.

Purchased in September 2020 for $83.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Anna, thanks for your feedback! We've recently increased the density/fill amount in the pillows and have messaged you privately to organise a replacement!

So soft & good quality

Super soft pillow, aids in helping when I am on my side with my bump, I can imagine it will become even more useful soon when I am abit bigger. Great quality pillow!

Purchased in September 2020.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thank for your lovely review!

Other Body Pillows

Good quality pregnancy pillow

The pillow is good quality and feels nice it’s just the middle section that you lay in is not wide enough for me to fit my body into properly or comfortably.

Purchased in August 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $77.60.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Jess, thanks for your feedback! We will definitely take this into consideration for future product development.

Body Pillows

Find out how The Butterfly Maternity Pillow compares to other Body Pillows

Disappointed

Unfortunately I don’t find the pillow comfortable. I purchased to use as seen as in the pictures to help support me sleeping on my side, however I find that this props me up too much and curves my spine. The only way I have found I can get use from it when in bed is between my legs, but I am left wanting something to support my belly and back.

Purchased in June 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $87.00.

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your feedback! I have organised the team to contact you to help assist with using the pillow. Should you find we are unable to help we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will organise the refund for you.

Kwin
KwinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good for smaller framed women

I have a full body pillow and now my butterfly pillow, I prefer using the full body pillow. As a larger woman the butterfly pillow is just too small for me.

Purchased in June 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $99.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your feedback! We are actually looking into creating 2 sizes one with a larger gap in the middle.
Sorry that the pillow wasn't quite right for you, we sent a private message to help resolve your experience with the pillow!

Ell
Ellasked

I'm interested in trying this but has anyone found they also need knee support? If so what did you use? Any recommendations?

Emma
Emma

Hi Ell, I just put a normal pillow between my legs if needed. I’m 25 weeks and find I can still get a good nights sleep without my butterfly pillow but i suspect I will need it in third trimester .

Melly
Melly

I agree with Emma, definitely recommend some sort of knee pillow. A normal pillow will definitely do the job. I used the butterfly pillow to support my belly and that helped my hips a bit too. Nothing will make you 100% comfy to sleep while pregnant lol

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Ell, thanks for reaching out! We find many mums love using a pillow between the knees in addition to the butterfly supporting your side sleeping. Alternatively, if you wish for just bump support some mums-to-be turn the butterfly sideways to support both the knees and bump at the same time!

Anonymousasked

I bought the pillow recently and have tried it for over a week now. However I'm still finding it difficult to get a good position. I toss and turn a lot during my sleep and the pillow hasn't prevented me from doing so, so far. I still wake up with back aches and it's just been uncomfortable. I really like the quality and materials and I think it supports my belly well so I'm trying to persevere with it for my back. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and petite/short, and my main areas of soreness are my mid back. I've reached out to customer service but haven't gotten a reply yet. Was wondering if you could help me out?

Anna

I have found the past few weeks I’m better without the pillow. When I do need it, I place it behind my back only as support and this helps. Move the pillow to suit your bodies need. You don’t always have to support back and belly as such. Eventually I know I’ll need it for my belly again though. (16w3d)

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your experience Anna :) How do you position it behind your back in a way that supports it?

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry that you haven't had the best experience with your Butterfly so far. I have messaged your Product Review account privately to go through the steps on how to best position yourself and ways we can help better your experience using your pillow.

Thanks so much
Tahlia x

ShivangniS
ShivangniSasked

Hi, I just wanted to know does this pillow give support to plus size women? I’m 19weeks and I’m plus size, I will be gaining more weight as time goes so just wanted to make sure that I will have that support.

Meg
Meg

I am plus size and yes! It's definitely big enough!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for reaching out. We have mums of all sizes using them from 20 weeks all the way to full-term and even after for breastfeeding support. Our pillows are a one size fits most, however, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you do buy one, try it out and see how it goes, if it’s not right just message me and I’ll be happy to issue a full refund!

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features:

• Wedge-shaped design supports lower back and stomach
  • Made from Japara cotton, which is an especially comfortable material
  • Smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity, so they’re compact enough to take travelling
  • 12-month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the pillow

Points of praise for the Butterfly Maternity Pillow:

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it was designed to provide support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit on the bed and didn’t feel bulky and intrusive
  • Many women were happy that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Winner of the 2021 ProductReview Award for the Body Pillow category, the Butterfly Maternity pillow has won over many pregnant women with its comfortable design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows