The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

• Supports back and stomach

• Small and compact

• Made from breathable Japara cotton

Mixed feelings!

Love it when first getting into bed to take the pressure off the ligament pulls! Personally don't use it overnight as it changes my sleeping position too much. Still love!

Purchased in June 2021 for $89.00.

KMP
KMP

Great pillow for support

I sleep with my butterfly pillow every night. It helps me with back pain. Although I still need another pillow to put between my knees, so it's not completely encompassing.

Purchased in June 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!

Other Body Pillows

Great for price, size and comfort!

I first purchased this to stop me from sleeping on my back, which worked. As I became more pregnant it gave me the added support I needed. Bonus that it's not huge and overly expensive

Purchased in May 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely feedback!

EmmaHunter Region, NSW

Compact and comfy

Happy with the pillow so far, it's certainly comfy and supports my back and tummy without taking up too much space in the bed. I do think it is a little over-priced for what it is but otherwise I am happy with the purchase. It would have been extra nice if it came with a bag for storage and travel.

Purchased in June 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $82.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely feedback, we are definitely going to take the bag idea on board for travel and storage!

Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good support for a growing tummy!

I was looking for a maternity pillow that wouldn't take up the whole bed and this is the one! Find it is more supportive the bigger I get! Very comfy!

Purchased in June 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely feedback!

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Clostar88
Clostar88Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Assists with sleeping on my side

I like that the pillow is small and light weight. It helps me to sleep on my side, rather than automatically laying on my back. I do find in the early hours of the morning I pull it out of the bed as I get a bit of discomfort, as I think I sometimes need more padding to my front or back, as opposed to symmetrical balance but overall this pillow definitely helps wih my sleep in my final trimester

Purchased in April 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

Great support without taking up the whole bed!

Not sure how it will support a big bump but stopping stomach/back sleeping without taking up valuable bed real estate! Much better than the u pillow during my first pregnancy.

Purchased in May 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thank you! As a small business, your feedback means the world.

Nat
Nat Victoria

Good for bump support

Purchased in February 2021 at Butterfly Maternity.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thank you for leaving a review, it means the world!

Plump pillow

Butterfly pillow has been super helpful when going to sleep at night. Good size, encourages me to sleep on my side, quality of pillow is good. Didn't give it 5 star only because I've still got a sore back from pregnancy but it is definitely helping me night to night.

Purchased in February 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your review!

Michelle
Michelle Sydney, NSW

Great pillow!

I love that the pillow is small and compact compared to others out there - perfect if you’re traveling. Took a little while to figure out the right placement but now I’m loving it and definitely feel the difference if I don’t use it for a night.

Purchased in February 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

Emily H.
Emily H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Eased back pain instantly!

I ordered this at 27 weeks pregnant after experiencing quite bad lower back pain that was stopping me from sleeping.
Even from the 1st night I fell asleep quicker and woke up in less pain.
The traditional full body maternity pillows would make me feel claustrophobic so the smaller shape of these have been amazing.

Highly recommend!

Purchased in January 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $78.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback!

Annabelle Murray
Annabelle MurrayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it! Use it everyday!

I’m not pregnant but suffer from chronic health issues and got it after being recommended by my doctor and it’s helped me manage my pain levels and comfort. Highly recommend

Purchased in November 2020 for $85.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your feedback, means so much!

Ivana
IvanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The pillow is comfortable but fit for smaller tummy.

The pillow is comfortable but too high. It’s narrow in middle and not suitable for large tummy. It’s would be more useful if it can be divided into two pillow.

Purchased in October 2020 for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Claire
ClaireGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Butterfly Maternity Pillow

I'm a back sleeper and needed something to help keep me on my side for my pregnancy. I bought this at 2o weeks and have been mostly happy with the pillow. It's not foolproof and occasionally I still wake up on my back; it seems to work better if placed under my sacral area than back. Now I've used it for a few weeks I wouldn't be without it and it's nice that it's small enough to not take up too much room in the bed. For the price I wasn't impressed that the cover wasn't properly hemmed inside but has exposed selvedge, however on the whole I would recommend the Butterfly.

Purchased in September 2020 at Butterfly Maternity for $80.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review, recommendation & feedback we really appreciate it!

Great night sleep!

I am 15 weeks pregnant and I have been struggling to get comfortable at night. I’ve been using the pillow for a week now I have been having better & deeper sleeps. Feeling more refreshed in the morning!

Purchased in September 2020 for $85.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely review, so happy to hear your sleeping great.

Ell
Ellasked

I'm interested in trying this but has anyone found they also need knee support? If so what did you use? Any recommendations?

Emma

Hi Ell, I just put a normal pillow between my legs if needed. I’m 25 weeks and find I can still get a good nights sleep without my butterfly pillow but i suspect I will need it in third trimester .

Melly
Melly

I agree with Emma, definitely recommend some sort of knee pillow. A normal pillow will definitely do the job. I used the butterfly pillow to support my belly and that helped my hips a bit too. Nothing will make you 100% comfy to sleep while pregnant lol

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Ell, thanks for reaching out! We find many mums love using a pillow between the knees in addition to the butterfly supporting your side sleeping. Alternatively, if you wish for just bump support some mums-to-be turn the butterfly sideways to support both the knees and bump at the same time!

Anonymousasked

I bought the pillow recently and have tried it for over a week now. However I'm still finding it difficult to get a good position. I toss and turn a lot during my sleep and the pillow hasn't prevented me from doing so, so far. I still wake up with back aches and it's just been uncomfortable. I really like the quality and materials and I think it supports my belly well so I'm trying to persevere with it for my back. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and petite/short, and my main areas of soreness are my mid back. I've reached out to customer service but haven't gotten a reply yet. Was wondering if you could help me out?

Anna
Anna

I have found the past few weeks I’m better without the pillow. When I do need it, I place it behind my back only as support and this helps. Move the pillow to suit your bodies need. You don’t always have to support back and belly as such. Eventually I know I’ll need it for my belly again though. (16w3d)

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your experience Anna :) How do you position it behind your back in a way that supports it?

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry that you haven't had the best experience with your Butterfly so far. I have messaged your Product Review account privately to go through the steps on how to best position yourself and ways we can help better your experience using your pillow.

Thanks so much
Tahlia x

ShivangniS
ShivangniSasked

Hi, I just wanted to know does this pillow give support to plus size women? I’m 19weeks and I’m plus size, I will be gaining more weight as time goes so just wanted to make sure that I will have that support.

Meg
Meg

I am plus size and yes! It's definitely big enough!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for reaching out. We have mums of all sizes using them from 20 weeks all the way to full-term and even after for breastfeeding support. Our pillows are a one size fits most, however, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you do buy one, try it out and see how it goes, if it’s not right just message me and I’ll be happy to issue a full refund!

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features:

• Wedge-shaped design supports lower back and stomach
  • Made from Japara cotton, which is an especially comfortable material
  • Smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity, so they’re compact enough to take travelling
  • 12-month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the pillow

Points of praise for the Butterfly Maternity Pillow:

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it was designed to provide support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit on the bed and didn’t feel bulky and intrusive
  • Many women were happy that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Winner of the 2021 ProductReview Award for the Body Pillow category, the Butterfly Maternity pillow has won over many pregnant women with its comfortable design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows