The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

• Supports back and stomach

• Small and compact

• Made from breathable Japara cotton

Great pillow

Tried a big maternity pillow and found it uncomfortable so I switched to this one. It’s amazing! Supports the tummy and stops me rolling onto my back. Everything I need. It’s perfect!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your review, it means the world!

Nicole89
Nicole89Perth, WA

Perfect pregnancy pillow.

Ordered this pillow based on previous reviews. So glad I did.
Not only does it not take up much space, I find it comfortable and easy to manoeuvre when I am trying to sleep and don't want to wake my partner.
Highly recommend! Great price, quick postage and great product!

Purchased in June 2021 for $89.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your amazing review, it means the world!

Natalie M.
Natalie M.Sydney, NSW

Every pregnant women's nigh lifesaver

I've tried 3 pillows but this butterfly pillow is the most effective among the rest as it supports your tummy and your back when sleeping side ways at night. Definitely recommended!

Purchased in June 2021 for $87.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Pepper
PepperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for the growing bump.

Perfect for my growing bump. I've had back pain since 18 weeks. The butterfly pillow helps me sleep a bit longer at night time. Its also perfect for sitting up in bed with as cradles my lower back.

Purchased in June 2021 for $89.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your review, it means the world!

Erin P.
Erin P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hands down, THE BEST

The Butterfly maternity pillow is hands down the best maternity pillow I’ve used.
I’m currently pregnant with my fourth baby and after trying many others, I gave up finding one that worked in my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies.

The size and shape of the Butterfly pillow is great! Don’t be deceived by the size…it does provide ample support.

I’m a midwife and childbirth educator and I will be recommending the Butterfly to all the women I care for.

Purchased in May 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Erin, thanks for your amazing feedback and reccomendaiton! We agree small in size but big on support.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

AMAZING!! So happy

This pillow has saved my back this pregnancy! It is super supportive and so comfortable I could not of got through night sleeps without this. The pillow can also be used as a feeding pillow after!

Purchased in February 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely review!

Very happy with the pillow

Highly recommend this pillow, it’s super comfortable and supportive. It’s made it a lot easier for me to stay sleeping on my side (usually a back sleeper). Glad I made the purchase :)

Purchased in June 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

Love it!

Only took one night to get used to but now it’s very comfortable to use. I decided to buy the butterfly pillow over other brands due to the great reviews and 30 day money back guarantee. I also wanted something small that wouldn’t take over half the bed. Highly recommend!

Purchased in June 2021 for $82.45.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for the recommendation, it means the world!

Samantha H.
Samantha H.South East Queensland, QLD

I wish I brought one last pregnancy!

Love this pillow & wish I had brought one last pregnancy! It has made it a lot easier to stay sleeping on your side the whole night . Definitely recommend buying one if pregnant.

Purchased in June 2021 for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Rebecca
Rebecca Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such a good night sleep!

Such a comfy pillow, and not very bulky when sleeping which is great! Also when not needed it can be folded down which is great as we need every bit of storage. Fast delivery. Great customer service.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your amazing feedback!

Highly Recommend!

Absolutely love this and the best thing I have bought through my pregnancy. Super comfy and helps you sleep through the night without the tossing and turning - I'll even use it post baby! Couldn't be happier and highly highly recommend!

Purchased in May 2021 for $87.30.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

ChristinaK
ChristinaK

Love it!

Soft, supportive and comfortable for my growing tummy. Can’t sleep without it actually! Very happy with my purchase as I was tossing and turning prior to trying this pillow. Thank you!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

So happy to hear your loving your Butterfly!

Chantel
Chantel Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is amazing!

Has made sleeping so much more comfortable and less worrying that I will roll onto my back. I have been using this pillow since week 12 and can not fault it what so ever. Definitely recommend

Purchased in March 2021 for $89.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Extremely comfortable

I have been using my pillow for about 2 weeks now and it has really changed how well I sleep! I have tried a few different pillows but this is by far the best one. It helps you stay on your side during the night and supports both my growing bump and back.

Purchased in May 2020 for $87.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much, your feedback means the world!

Can't sleep without it!

So comfortable and gives good support for my back and growing baby bump. I normally sleep on my back, however this not being safe during pregnancy, the butterfly pillow stops me from rolling onto my back in the middle of the night. It keeps me on my side. Absolutely love it. Highly recommend.

Purchased in May 2021 for $89.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

So happy your loving your butterfly!

Ell
Ellasked

I'm interested in trying this but has anyone found they also need knee support? If so what did you use? Any recommendations?

Emma
Emma

Hi Ell, I just put a normal pillow between my legs if needed. I’m 25 weeks and find I can still get a good nights sleep without my butterfly pillow but i suspect I will need it in third trimester .

Melly
Melly

I agree with Emma, definitely recommend some sort of knee pillow. A normal pillow will definitely do the job. I used the butterfly pillow to support my belly and that helped my hips a bit too. Nothing will make you 100% comfy to sleep while pregnant lol

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Ell, thanks for reaching out! We find many mums love using a pillow between the knees in addition to the butterfly supporting your side sleeping. Alternatively, if you wish for just bump support some mums-to-be turn the butterfly sideways to support both the knees and bump at the same time!

Anonymousasked

I bought the pillow recently and have tried it for over a week now. However I'm still finding it difficult to get a good position. I toss and turn a lot during my sleep and the pillow hasn't prevented me from doing so, so far. I still wake up with back aches and it's just been uncomfortable. I really like the quality and materials and I think it supports my belly well so I'm trying to persevere with it for my back. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and petite/short, and my main areas of soreness are my mid back. I've reached out to customer service but haven't gotten a reply yet. Was wondering if you could help me out?

Anna
Anna

I have found the past few weeks I’m better without the pillow. When I do need it, I place it behind my back only as support and this helps. Move the pillow to suit your bodies need. You don’t always have to support back and belly as such. Eventually I know I’ll need it for my belly again though. (16w3d)

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your experience Anna :) How do you position it behind your back in a way that supports it?

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry that you haven't had the best experience with your Butterfly so far. I have messaged your Product Review account privately to go through the steps on how to best position yourself and ways we can help better your experience using your pillow.

Thanks so much
Tahlia x

ShivangniS
ShivangniSasked

Hi, I just wanted to know does this pillow give support to plus size women? I’m 19weeks and I’m plus size, I will be gaining more weight as time goes so just wanted to make sure that I will have that support.

Meg
Meg

I am plus size and yes! It's definitely big enough!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for reaching out. We have mums of all sizes using them from 20 weeks all the way to full-term and even after for breastfeeding support. Our pillows are a one size fits most, however, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you do buy one, try it out and see how it goes, if it’s not right just message me and I’ll be happy to issue a full refund!

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features:

• Wedge-shaped design supports lower back and stomach
  • Made from Japara cotton, which is an especially comfortable material
  • Smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity, so they’re compact enough to take travelling
  • 12-month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the pillow

Points of praise for the Butterfly Maternity Pillow:

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it was designed to provide support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit on the bed and didn’t feel bulky and intrusive
  • Many women were happy that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Winner of the 2021 ProductReview Award for the Body Pillow category, the Butterfly Maternity pillow has won over many pregnant women with its comfortable design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows