The Fable

The Fable (page 2 of 7)

Absolutely Beautiful feel want one of each

Easy and precise online store.
Good selection of colours.
Very satisfied with quick service and exceptional presentation in post wrapping

Great to hear, we're so pleased you're enjoying your shirt. Thank you for sharing your experience.Want 3 more

3 for the button up. 4 for the T-Shirt

I find the cut is not very generous around the hip. I had to go up a size but now it’s too generous in the shoulders. I wouldn’t even consider myself very hippy. I actually got my normal size in the T-shirt and it’s a much better fit. The packaging and delivery is excellent, even returns where fast. I would only recommend the TShirt and will probably purchase another as they are perfect for office wear.

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, your feedback is very useful and valued. We are always looking to make improvements to our product and have noted your comments regarding the hip sizing for consideration in future production. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying our new t-shirts and find them well suited to office wear.

Perfect! Everything I hoped for!

Excellent quality and fit and really amazing and quick customer service when I changed my mind about the peint I chose. I am really really happy with this shirt and will definitely be starting a collection.

Wonderful! We love hearing this. Thank you for sharing :)

Absolutely gorgeous excellent quality silk - perfectly made shirts.

I have been following The Fable on FB - reading reviews etc. The advice to size up for a looser fit helped. Would love a bright lime green and a red T shirt - tho I still have plenty of choice with colours as I have just begun!!

Thank you! We've noted your feedback for a lime green and red t-shirt. We love hearing feedback like this.

Affordable luxury

Stunning silk shirts at affordable prices. The quality is second to none and I was very pleased to learn of the ethical manufacturing process and the company’s values in general. The shirts are thick enough that I don’t need to layer up, yet breathable and light feeling as the weather begins to warm up. The cut is classic, the colours vibrant....a beautiful product. There was an initial mix up in receiving deep blue instead of royal blue, and Jessica was very helpful in letting me know my options for return. I ended up keeping the deep blue as it’s just as gorgeous. Thanks for a great shopping experience, and the shirts are true to size

Wonderful - thank you. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience and are liking our shirts. :)

Fable have nailed the t-shirt too!

I have several fable silk shirts and am a true convert - they are so easy to wear and travel with. I have just received my first t-shirt and am really pleased with the style fit and quality. Delivery was prompt and the packaging is just divine.

Great to hear! We're so pleased you're enjoying your t-shirt as well. Thanks for sharing :)

Ready to buy my second already

I received my first True White last week and have already worn it 3 times. So comfortable and fuss free. Delivery was so quick.

Excellent! We're delighted to hear. We hope you are still getting alot of wear out of your shirt :)

Armhole frustration!

I have two Fable shirts - one pre August and one from recent new stock Fable 2.0. Quality and sizing is great and fabric irons well but it is impossible to get a good ironed finish on the armholes due I think to French seam finish - the seam just doesn't want to sit flat and is quite puckered. The Fable 2.0 shirt was even harder to iron than previous. Can the French seam be reconsidered?

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback is very valued and we have noted your comments regarding the french seams. The reason we have chosen them is because they offer the most tidy and premium stitching solution, and the one that is the most durable as well. Our customers opinions on our product are the most important and we will take your comments into consideration for future production runs.

Love at first sight!

I just received my first The Fable shirt (blue steel) and I am already in love! Such a great product and I will be definitely buying more for my wardrobe! They feel amazingly soft and well made.

Great to hear, thanks for sharing! We hope you're getting alot of good wear out of your shirt.

Effortlessly Cool

I bought the pink and black shirt- and get comments every time I wear them. They are so easy to throw on with anything and look so sexy and cool! Will definitely buy another.

Great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you're enjoying your shirts.

Very disappointed.

I was so excited to find these shirts online, and eagerly awaited the arrival of my "speckled egg" shirt. While it arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged, it was way too small compared to standard Australian clothing sizes, and was NOT the design I ordered. The quality was beautiful. Other reviews have mentioned to order "up" a size and I would absolutely agree. The company needs to amend its sizing to reflect the many customer reviewers who have written about the same issue.

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback will be useful to others. Our shirt sizing is reflective of Australian standard sizing. We do advise sizing up if a customer is in between sizes or prefers a more relaxed fit. In regards to you receiving the incorrect design, we do apologise about this. Our dispatch process is subject to occasional human error however we always make sure any mistakes are rectified and a solution is found for the customer.

Beautiful Silk Shirt

I ordered my shirt through The Iconic. I knew nothing of The Fable. The white shirt arrived promptly and was beautifully and thoughtfully packaged. The shirt was very well folded in a case wrapped with silk paper. It is important to me because it shows, the company cares about what they sell and what their customers think. They do not treat their clothes as disposable objects.
The shirt is beautifully made. I was a little disappointed by the silk at first but, I know there are lots of different kind of silk. I tried the shirt on and it fits perfectly. It looks gorgeous. The silk is soft and very comfortable to wear. I washed it and I will iron it as I liked how the shirt looked like when I first got it. I think that if you take care of those shirts they can last a long way. It is not a Fast Clothing Item and I like that it is ethical. As French say, it is a classic piece that never stays out of fashion.
Now, I have been looking at The Fable website and I will most definitely order other items. I am a size 12, I usually fit perfectly in M and 12 but, I ordered a L as I have strong shoulders and sometimes shirts would require a larger size. As per the bust I am between a 12D or F depending of the bra. I am 164 tall. The L fits me extremely well all over. It looks like it has been tailored for me.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we're really pleased to hear this. Thank you for your comments regarding sizing and washing, this will be useful to others. :)Since my first purchased I have ordered two more shirts. One in pink and one in Royal blue. I do not usually wear pink but, I thought it would be a nice change. My skin has yellow undertones and I have dark brown hair with red. The pink suits me nicely. The royal blue shirt is for my sister who is very fair with blue undertones, blond with blue eyes. Royal blue is my favourite colour and I will get this shirt for myself as well. The silk is slightly different from the previous one I ordered but still beautiful, light and soft. I ordered L for both my sister and I and it fits us perfectly. I am usually an Australian M-12. But, I believe the company follows more if a French sizing. in France I wear L as well. The shirts as vety well tailored. Thank you The Fable!.

Perfect wardrobe key pieces

The shirts are excellent ,made of good silk and the style is beautiful.They wash and wear very well.Delivery is prompt and the packaging beautiful.
What I particularly like about the style is that the sleeves fit beautifully due to the slim fit. The dual buttonholes on the cuff are also insightful.
I now have three shirts ,all neutrals.

Great to hear, thank you. We're so pleased you're enjoying your shirts. Thank you for your comments on the details, they will be useful to others :)

Great quality beautiful shirts

I purchased 2 of the gorgeous Fable silk shirts and must say they are lovely. The items come beautifully gift boxed and there was a beautiful welcome bonus to boot. If you are worried about sizing or between sizes I suggest sizing up.

Great to hear, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback regarding sizing will be useful to others thank you.

Disappointing

I have to say, I was disappointed with these shirts. Having had them on my Wishlist for months, I finally took the plunge and bought two. Despite reading the measurements and checking them against other shirts I own and then ordering up a size to give a looser fit, I was extremely disappointed to find that when the shirts arrived they were too small. I would have thought that following the size guide, combined with ordering up a size would have guaranteed a good fit. Quality seemed different to the good quality silk pillowcases I own too????

Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated. In regards to sizing, most of our customers find our shirts to be true to size as we claim. A size 10 or AU Small in most cases equates to a Size Small in our shirts. We do have an easy returns policy and will happily exchange or refund your shirts should you wish to. As for the difference you have noted between your silk pillow cases, our shirts are made from a crepe de chine silk (16mm). Rarely are silk pillow cases made out of this fabric, most are made from a satin silk which has a very different finish and hand feel. Please feel free to reach out should you have any issues. We will gladly assist. Jessica Sinclair

Perfect Silk Shirt

Really happy with this purchase. The quality is exceptional and the sizing and fit, is spot on!
This is a great, classic, investment piece. Can’t wait for egyptian sands to be back in stock.

Thanks for sharing your feedback Catherine. Egyptian Sands will be back in stock mid August :)

The perfect silk shirt!

Absolutely love these shirts! Beautifully made, excellent quality and comfortable. Especially love that I don't have to iron them. Also a huge factor for me is that they have officially accreditation that they are ethically made.

Thank you for sharing your feedback Elle. This is great to hear. We hope you enjoy your shirts.

Beautiful quality

I received my first Fable silk shirt today. Beautiful packaging. The shirt is beautiful quality and very well made. The royal blue colour is gorgeous. It fits perfectly for a tailored look. I got a size small and I normally wear a size 10 and am 165cm tall. I think for a more casual look I would buy a medium next time. Will definitely buy another (or two or three)

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear this. We hope you enjoy your shirt. :)

The Fable--definition--"a story with a moral"

A shirt of a. very high quality. I commend the quick attention to the order request, the excellant sizing and the prompt dispatch with the opening of the parcel revealing gorgeous wrapping and it all created a feeling of personnal service.

Thank you for sharing your experience Janet. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your shirt and the unwrapping process.

Love these shirts ! Perfect fit

This shirt lives up to its reviews ! The only comment I have is it would be great if they get some more colours/patterns. At the end of the transaction they offer a discount on a second shirt but it’s only on black or white. It would be great to open this up to the other colour options as I would have definetly got a second then!

Thanks for sharing your feedback Lisa, great to hear you're liking our shirts. We have more shades and prints in the making for a Spring launch, along with a range of short sleeve silk t-shirts :)