The Fable

The Fable (page 3 of 6)

Beautiful and ethically made product

I received my order very promptly. It was packaged with such care and included a fabric swatch and information about the ethical history of the product, which was a very nice touch. The fit and quality are excellent. I am slenderish but with broad shoulders and the large fit me perfectly, especially as I like a slightly looser fit. planning to buy the whole rainbow!

We're so pleased to hear. Many thanks for sharing your experience :)

Unbeatable shirts and service

I will truly never buy a silk shirt from elsewhere again. I machine wash mine after every use (in a delicates cycle on cold delicates wash with silk-specific liquid). They come out beautifully every time.

Great to hear this Ellen. Thank you for sharing :)

Excellent customer service

Jessica was really helpful in ensuring I got the right sized shirt and was fast to reply. I have both the steel blue and royal blue shirts. They are a great cut and look fantastic for work. Would recommend sizing up if you're in between sizes

Thank you Jess. Your feedback regarding sizing will be very helpful to others. Enjoy your shirts.

Best customer service award goes to Jessica!

I had been looking for a navy shirt for ages, and on spotting a friend wearing one just like I wanted, I was soon on the way to ordering a Fable shirt for myself. (Make that three, actually!) The colours are lovely, the shirts feel very comfortable, and they arrived in super quick time. I'm now trying to figure out what to do with the beautiful box they were packed in. Thank you, Jessica, for your friendly and efficient customer service - it was an absolute pleasure being your email pal!

We're delighted to hear all of this Kate. We hope you enjoy your shirts and find a home for the box. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

High quality + low maintenance!

Great fit, High quality material and construction, and machine washable! I’ve finally found the perfect work shirt!
I’ll be buying more and telling all my friends! Very happy, thank you!

Wonderful! Great to hear thanks Emma. Enjoy your shirt.

Gorgeous shirts!

These shirts are just divine. It’s really difficult to find stylish, good quality workwear and these completely fit the brief. Postage was super quick and the shirt was beautifully wrapped.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Ellie. We're so pleased to hear you're enjoying our shirts and brand.

Versatile and luxurious

I love the feel of my shirt. So practical, versatile and well made while also feeling luxurious. I can't wait to get a few more in different colours. The customer service was also great - when I accidentally ordered a M instead of a L - there was no fuss in sorting it out.

Great to hear. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Enjoy your shirt :)

My new obsession!!

I am in LOVE with my rose quartz Fable shirt. I love how you can dress it up or dress it down. Beautifully made, easy to look after and it makes me feel confident and stylish! Now I just have to decide which colour to get next!

Lovely, great to hear Leah. We hope you enjoy your shirt :)

Efficient and friendly service.

My order arrived really quickly after I placed it (even though I live overseas, in NZ). The shirts are lovely to wear and came beautifully packaged. The staff were also really accommodating and friendly when I asked if I could swap one of the shirts I'd ordered because I chose the wrong colour (which was entirely my own fault). Highly recommend!

Great to hear all of this. Thank you for sharing your experience Andrea. We hope you enjoy your shirts.

Beautiful Shirt

My shirt arrived beautifully boxed and within 3 days. Service was amazing, working out the size was easy, just followed the instructions on the website - my shirt fits perfectly. Love it, just ordered my second shirt.

We're so pleased to hear this Tea. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope you enjoy your shirts :)

The perfect shirt

Excellent fit not too long I always have problems with the upper arm girth but not this one
Ethical and beautiful what more could anyone want. The fable service is also excellent
Will buy again

We're pleased to hear our sizing is working well for you Carole. Thank you for sharing your experience. Enjoy your shirt :)

Loving me new Fable shirt

I recently bought a white silk shirt from the Fable, and have worn it twice without ironing it either time.
I just love it, & have received lots of compliments on the shirt! Did I mention it doesn't need ironing?!? :-)
Also, Jessica's customer service and assistance with sizing before I purchased this shirt was superb.
Ladies, do yourselves a favour and buy one of these shirts.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're pleased you're enjoying your True White shirt and the easy maintenance which come with it. We hope you continue to get many more wears out of it :)

Most Amazing Silk Shirts Ever!

I have tried both cheaper and more expensive brands of silk shirts - nothing compares to these amazing beauties!! So happy with my shirt, will be ordering more in other colours!

Wonderful! We're pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Love my shirt!!!

I have a shirt in Deep Sea (dark navy) and absolutely love it! The fabric, cut and colour are pretty much perfect. Great for both work and casual wear. I needed to return one of the shirts I ordered (it was the older style and the cut/size wasn't quite right for me) and the customer service was amazing (incredibly response and helpful, plus the return process was a breeze). I'll definitely be buying more!

We're pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience Veronica. We hope you get alot of good wear our of your Deep Sea shirt. :)

Beautiful silk shirts!

I now have 3 of The Fable's shirts. Couldn't help myself - they are so good. The quality of the silk is excellent and they're beautifully made. Delivery is quick, exchanges are easy and dealt with immediately, and the customer service couldn't be better. Great for travel as the fabric hardly creases. More colours, please, as these shirts are becoming a staple in my wardrobe.

Thanks for sharing this Julie, we're pleased to hear. We hope you get a lot of wear out of your shirts :)

Such a beautiful shirt. I have already made a follow-up purchase in a different colour!

I bought the Blue Royale shirt after hearing about The Fable from a friend. The quality and fit is excellent and it feels so beautiful to wear. The shirt sits really nicely when tucked into pants or a skirt, something I was hoping for. I have just purchased another in black and I look forward to having both shirts as wardrobe staples. I also found their customer service team extremely responsive and helpful (even on a public holiday!) when `I had questions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks for sharing your experience Carla. We're glad to hear all of this - enjoy your shirts :)

Love it!

I love my Blue Steel shirt! It fits well and is totally packable. Can't wait to take it on my next trip! The customer service was great, and super easy. I may need to buy another one...

Great to hear this - thank you for sharing your experience Leah. We hope your shirt goes on many adventures with you. Enjoy :)

excellent fit and service

My 'poker face' polka dot shirt arrived very promptly and with the addition of colour swatches for other shirts in the range - a smart move! The fabric is a crepe de chine-textured silk and this probably helps to make it crinkle resistant. The dots on this style are an off-white, which I like better than if they were pure white The fit (I bought a size 12) was fantastic for me. I will be able to wear it tucked or untucked with a belt without it looking too 'bunchy'. Am tempted to buy another, as it's a classic that will outlive fashion changes.

Thank you for sharing your experience Marg. Great to hear you've enjoyed your shirt and our service. We hope you get a lot of good wear out of it. We couldn't agree more with your last comment - we love classic staples here at The Fable :)

Wonderful customer service

The customer service at The Fable is just wonderful. They're very speedy and friendly - a replacement shirt was dispatched to me before I even knew it! My only criticism is that it would be great if they introduced an XXS size - although I have found that there isn't much demand for smaller sizes in Australia, so the fact that they don't have an XXS is both understandable and not anything I would hold against them. Unfortunately, the XS is too big for me but the shirt itself is gorgeous and the fabric is beautiful, so I will be trying to find a good tailor to take it in!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Great to hear you've enjoyed our service. We've noted your request for an XXS shirt and always take such feedback into consideration when developing new products.

Loving my new shirts!

My shirts arrived two days ago and I’ve worn one each day..l love them both! The sizing guide was very helpful and colours were lovely. The quality and cut of the shirts is great. I’ll defin be ordering another colour soon- great wardrobe staple!

Great to hear. Thanks very much for sharing this Sarah. Enjoy your new shirts!

Hi, just wondered if the sizes have changed recently.. Bought 2 size M shirts a few months ago that fit great, but a recent purchase of an M has me swimming in the shirt? Please advise. Thanks.
Hello, thanks for reaching out. We haven't changed our sizing although our fabric has changed slightly so depending on when you placed your last order, this could be why you're noticing a difference. We have easy exchanges and returns so please send us an email at info@thefable.com.au and we can find a solution for you :) Jessica

Hi there! is the white spot or rose quartz colour transparent?
Hello Lana, Dalmatian isn’t transparent however we recommend wearing a nude bra with Rose Wuartz as it has a degree of transparency. Very best, Jessica

I'm thinking of buying the new T-Shirt in white but wondering how see-through, can I wear it with a nude bra and that wouldn't show?
Hi Evas, You can. If you wear a nude or white bra underneath it will not be visible. Let me know if I can further assist. JessicaI wore it without a singlet (beige bra) for my first wear and felt exposed at work. I feel like I need a singlet under the white shirt.

Similar listings