The Fable

The Fable (page 4 of 6)

Best silk shirt I've found

The shirts are great quality and fit. Very comfortable and wrinkle free!
I would love to see some more colours though - red/green/lilac/mustard etc.
If this was the case, I would definitely buy more.

Excellent - great to hear this. We've noted your feedback regarding the colours. We always take customer feedback into consideration regarding new products. Hopefully we can bring out some new shades you might be interested in next year.

Awesome shirt

I am very happy with my new shirt I expect it will get plenty of wear. Good quality fabric and well made. Prompt service as I needed to exchange for a different size and received the new shirt within a few days. Beautifully packaged. Will consider other colours for future wear.

Great to hear Jill. Thanks very much for sharing your experience. Enjoy your shirt :)

Efficient and friendly service, lovely shirt

The service and efficiency of The Fable are excellent. I got the wrong size and had a replacement within a couple of days, even before I sent the original shirt back. It was a very pleasant experience dealing with Jessica who treats the customer as a person, unlike some faceless on-line shopping sites. The colours are lovely and the shirt is good quality. I would certainly buy more of these shirts. I got mine on sale, so it was excellent value.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Chris. Great to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you get great wear out of your shirt.

Beautiful fabric, classic style, great service

Crepe de chine is hard to find. I crushed the silk and it sprang back, crease free.
I followed the size chart but found I needed an XXL rather than the XL suggested. Lovely packing and presentation. The people at the Fable are a pleasure to deal with.

Great to hear - thanks for sharing your experience Jools. We hope you enjoy your shirt.

Beautiful, good quality shirts, great customer service

I received my royal blue and white shirts in the mail recently. The delivery was so quick! The shirts were beautifully packaged in a box, ready for gifting (even though I was just buying these for myself!). I love the attention to detail in the branding.

The shirts themselves are lovely. The feel of the silk fabric is smooth, and it’s weighty enough so that it doesn’t feel too delicate, but at the same time it feels light enough to be comfortable. The shirts are really easy to wear and don’t crease very much at all. I was able to wash the blue one on a delicate cycle in the washing machine in a wash bag, and wear it with no need to iron! If you are hand washing, gathering the fabric together to get rid of water can cause a bit of creasing so you maybe need to iron in that case.

I find the white shade to be quite sheer, but not enough to be annoying. Although The Fable suggests wearing a white bra, wearing a nude colour or even a grey one (depending on the shade of grey) can actually be less visible than a white bra because it’s closer to your skin colour and won’t contrast with it.

For the amount of money I paid for my shirts I am very happy with the quality and service of The Fable. I hope they continue to thrive as a business! :)

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback Georgie. Your review will be very helpful to others. You have made a very good point regarding wearing a nude bra under our white shirt. We will be updating our web site with your recommendation. Enjoy your shirts.

Silk perfection

I have several of these fabulous silk shirts ,perfect for every occasion, casual or smart. There is a great selection of colours and they are so easy to care for
They have the added bonus of being very well priced and beautifully packaged and delivered
Highly recommended

Thanks for sharing your feedback - we're pleased to hear you're enjoying your shirts.

Hide them from your daughters (and your friends!)

Love love love these shirts but I struggle to keep them. My light-fingered daughter is always "borrowing" them and not quite returning them. Always such gorgeous colours and the fabric feels great even on the hottest days. They last really well and wash beautifully. I bought an expensive Equipment silk shirt (three times the price of The Fable ones!!) and the buttons were already loose before I even washed it for the first time. The Fable is much better quality stitching and fit, and never seems to lose its shape. Brilliant. value for such a brilliant product.

Great to hear you've been enjoying our shirts. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you manage to hide them from your daughter :)

Fantastic Customer Service

I ordered a black S shirt in the Black Friday 40% off sale. The shirt was from The Fable's older range, and was lovely. Unfortunately, I had ordered the wrong size. I emailed customer service, and Jessica was very helpful in assisting me with my exchange. As The Fable had sold out of the XS in its older range, it exchanged my S shirt with an XS from their full price range - at no additional cost, and the shirt was sent out immediately. I was blown away with the level of customer service from The Fable - certainly exceeded my expectations.

Hints: I am a size 6-8, and the S was too big for me - even though I measured myself against the sizing chart. Perhaps size down if you are trying to decide between a XS and S. Having had the opportunity to try both old and new range shirts (old is Indian silk, new is Chinese silk), I have to agree that I preferred the Indian silk. However, I have worn my Chinese silk shirt twice now, and it sits beautifully. I am very happy with my purchase, and looking forward to the next sale so I can stock up!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review - it is very helpful. Great to hear you've enjoyed our service and shirts. Your feedback regarding sizing will be very useful to other. Enjoy your shirts.

Beautiful fabric.

Such a luxurious feel to wear. So pleased with the fabric & fit. Originally I ordered the wrong size, but absolutely hassle free to exchange. I will be purchasing more!

Great to hear this Michelle. We hope you enjoy your shirt :)

silk shirts just as nice as designer ones at fraction of the cost

I just received my black and white shirts today and Im super impressed. I hate collared shirts as I find them constricting so I only buy them in silk...but white silk shirts are expensive and dont last too long due to discolouration with deodorant. The Fable shirts are almost identical cut and fit to my high end designer one and the fabric is just as nice.

Fabric:

I read some reviews that the older fabric they used (creme de chiffon from India) was better than the new fabric (China Silk I believe) so the black version I got in the older fabric as it was on sale. They only had a small left so went one size up from normal xs in the black. From size perspective both the xs and small are fine, the small has slightly more relaxed look but the size differentiation is not huge that I would really notice the difference (and it's the type of cut and fabric that doesn't matter if it is a little looser due to fabric still providing shape and flow). Im not sure what the other reviewers felt about fabric and if they really compared them against each other...it does seem that the new fabric is better quality and has slightly silkier feeling to it (as the company has claimed - it also stresses they are made ethically which is also great). The older fabric is a little denser to the new fabric but new fabric feels much closer to my other silk products...nevertheless, both fabrics are really nice and not hugely different to each other (Im extremely finicky about fabric and have high standard, especially for silk - I actually shop mainly by running my hands down the rack and will only look at it if it feels nice to the touch). If I had it again, I would again choose to save the extra $40 by buying older version, one size up. However, will be just as happy wth product once they are full price and new fabric.

Finally I have found a silk white shirt that can be not too expensively replaced once my deodorant ruins it :)

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. This will be very helpful to others interested in our brand. Fantastic to hear our shirts rival the quality of more expensive alternatives you have purchased. This was certainly what we set out to achieve when the brand was founded. We hope you enjoy both of your shirts and they make a nice addition to your wardrobe. :)

Really great shirts and service.

Ordered from NZ. Delivery arrived within 3 days.
Shirts fit perfectly. I decided against one of the colours and sent this back for exchange. Communication and response has been excellent. Will definitely buy again.

Great to hear all of this Joy. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I'm in love

I'm in love with my fable shirts! I've already bought a second and have my eyes on a third (and fourth). They are beautifully constructed and the fabric is lovely, nice and cool for the summer. I haven't washed mine yet but am impressed by the lack of crinkles when I found my shirt in a crumpled pile in the wash basket (thanks to my husband). Highly recommended!

The shirts were shipped the day after purchasing and arrived to me in NZ surprisingly fast. Jessica has also been really helpful via email for some questions I had.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Sophie. We're so pleased you've enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you get a lot of good wear out of your shirts over Summer :)

Love being able to hand wash these gorgeous silk shirts

I bought two beautiful silk shirts and it is so great avoiding the cost and hassle of dry cleaning. I handwash them, hang on a coat hanger and actually don't even bother ironing as they look great. Love the packaging and free shipping.
Also nice getting the sample of other colours included in the box - that is why I bought the second one!

Thank you for writing this review and sharing your feedback on how you care for your shirts. This is great to know and really helpful. We hope you enjoy them :)

The perfect silk shirt.

I love The Fable silk shirts. Simple tailored design in a range of gorgeous colours and patterns. I have several now and enjoy dressing them up or down AND they’re great for traveling.

Great to hear you're enjoying your shirts and they've made a nice addition to your travel wardrobe.

Really lovely classic cut silk shirt

I really enjoy my Fable shirts, I have several colours and regularly travel with them. They wash well and can be hung on a hanger to dry requiring very little ironing to finish. I often wear one with a pair of skinny jeans but they adapt easily to go under a smart blazer making them a great part of a travelling wardrobe. I'm loving my new stripe.

Great to hear you're enjoying our shirts are they work well for your travelling wardrobe. Thank you for sharing this feedback.

Beautifully cut shirts! On par with Equipment!

I love the cut of these shirts, they are so beautiful. I have been searching far and wide for a good silk shirt. So far the only one I've found is Equipment... Until now! I love these because you can wear it to work as well as casually/however you style it. The only thing with the equipment shirts is that I never found them to be polished enough for work. But these are.

Also, the sizing is great. I am a 34E, and usually I can't find any shirts that fit nicely... They either end up being too tight on the chest, or you feel like you're drowning in it if you size up for the chest.

These really are a great buy! The quality of the fabric is LOVELY! It feels amazing. It also wears really well during the day. It doesn't crease easily like others I've tried, and I washed mine and it doesn't really need an iron if you hang it up straight away. Maybe a super quick steam to make it look more polished.

Great shirt. I have the dalmatian. Lovely! Unfortunately the pure white was too sheer for my liking, but I'm keen to try some more colours.

Looking forward to some more colours!

Thanks Fable!!!

Thank you for sharing this detailed review. We're so pleased to hear you're enjoying your Dalmatian shirt. We hope you get a lot of wear out of it and it continues to be a go to for your working wardrobe :)

Luxurious silk shirt

I recently received my first shirt and am very happy with the feel and quality. I ordered a medium, which is my normal size but had to exchange it for a large so the shirt sat comfortably across my hips. The shirt still looks good even though I had to go up a size. The exchange happened very easily thanks to Sophie. The packaging is very elegant and the speed of delivery is commendable. I had requested the colour swatches before I ordered so I could be certain I was happy with the colour before ordering. Commendations to Sophie on The Fable.

Thank you Susan - we're so pleased to hear this. We hope you enjoy your shirt.

Love it. Look smart & great for people who don’t like ironing.

Love The Fable shirts. Definitely high quality, fit very well & all I have to do with mine is hang it to dry on a coat hanger and don’t have to iron - which is perfect working in an industry where I’m on camera. I purchased the Blue Royale in September.

Lovely to hear - thank you Sarah. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Excellent service but please don't cut on quality

Received my shirt this week, which arrived super fast, thank you! The shirt fits well but the quality of silk is not the same as it used to be. I own a couple of shirts from older collections, which were made in India, and their quality is exceptional! The new one, which was made in China according to the label, is much thinner and creases easily. I washed it together with my old one and the old one came out silky smooth, almost dry and no creases. The new one felt stiff after washing and was badly creased. Please do not compromise on quality!

Hello Elena, thank you for writing this review. We are pleased to hear the shirt is a good fit and you are happy with the service. You are correct in noting that there is a difference in the silk from our latest collection. The shirts from our latest range are made from a crepe de chine rather than Indian crepe. Crepe de chine has a finer weave and is made by a more intricate fabrication process. As a result, the hand feel and fall of the silk is slightly different. The decision to move production to Shanghai was made with quality in mind. The shirts are now made in a factory which is specialises in making silk clothing, by a small team of ethically paid and highly skilled silk tailors. In regards your feedback regarding washing, we recommend you hand-wash our shirts, using a silk / wool detergent then hang them of a hanger to dry and store. This will result in a shirt with minimal creases. At The Fable, we stand by our product quality and happy and satisfied customers are a priority. If you would like to make a return, we will happily facilitate this.

Beautiful shirts

I have just received two beautiful shirts. Love them and will definitely buy more. They arrived in New Zealand in just a couple of days. Packaging is also great and well thought out.

Thank you very much Lyn, great to hear you enjoyed The Fable experience. We hope you enjoy the shirts.